Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 42 Paducah Tilghman 25 Final
I have no details...just a score
Sounds like PT's athletes kept them in this one.
Much closer game than score indicated, three points separated in 4th quarter. Highlands has much work to do. PT got multiple sacks. Tre Coleman popped a long TD run off tackle. Not much of a showing against a team that has won one game.
Tica Wrote:Much closer game than score indicated, three points separated in 4th quarter. Highlands has much work to do. PT got multiple sacks. Tre Coleman popped a long TD run off tackle. Not much of a showing against a team that has won one game.

I was told there were a good number of players that Highlands rested for next weeks game which is much more important for home field in playoffs. I know stud RB Harris and best defensive player Wybroski (spelling?) both sat. Not sure who else. I can guarantee you will see plays on O and D next week that COVCATH has not seen on game films yet. Dale is not a coach that is worried about winning games by 50 points like some coaches. Do not know how Highlands played this game on O and D compared to rest of games this year will have to wait till I talk to people who attended. Interested to see if they changed up their D or played a vanilla O.
I am impressed by the Tornado in this one. I don't see any team resting players they need in a game where they are only up by 3 in the 4th. I think a lot of people just failed to believe what I said about PT's talent level.
If they don't win by 50 there is always an excuse
I'm sure Highlands has buckets of reasons ready for the way they played just like they had reasons after the John Hardin game. They have have "rested" their whole starting team for Tilghman, who knows. Maybe they just sent down their pee wee recruiting teams from Cincinnati. Could be we were just playing against 8th graders, but they were stout eighth graders. I'm glad they got that final score when most teams would be taking a knee. Smells like victory.
I don't understand that. They are so good, or great, that they don't have to make excuses. They are still undefeated. They need to take a page from coach Joe Morris' book and just say PT is a good team and played one heck of a game. They are the best 1-4 team in the state. Believe me we respect what Highlands has done, but their fans shouldn't feel like they have to make excuses, esp when they win.
I want highlands on our schedule... they havnt played the best the west has to offer..
No they have not played Bowling Green.
mysonis55 Wrote:I don't understand that. They are so good, or great, that they don't have to make excuses. They are still undefeated. They need to take a page from coach Joe Morris' book and just say PT is a good team and played one heck of a game. They are the best 1-4 team in the state. Believe me we respect what Highlands has done, but their fans shouldn't feel like they have to make excuses, esp when they win.

Not making any excuses, just stated the fact that Harris the starting stud RB and Wybroski the best defensive player did not play. I do not know why but just that they did not play. Told others did not play either but I can not confirm that yet. I have said all week and for years that I think PT always has some of the best athletes inthe state and that goes back when I was in HS in the 80's. I do not see Highlands fans making excuses I see most of the state so anxious to see them lose. If they do not win every game by 50, people post crazy stuff on here like "Highlands is slightly above average". You should be questioning posters football knowledge when they make posts like that instead of people posting facts.
PT has won 1 game. They outgained FT on the ground. They repeatedly blitzed for sacks and TFL's. They led after the 1st quarter and it was within three in the 4th quarter. PT popped an 80 yard TD run off tackle and had a receiver embarrassingly open for a TD in the 4th. I'm not sure what kind of football is played in northern Ky., but count me among the unimpressed if I was supposed to have been in the presence of perfection. As I said earlier, it was above average. FT needed its three TD's in the 4th quarter to win. I trust FT was treated well and the fans enjoyed their game-day experience and visit to the west.
Well you can rest assured that I am not trying to put them down. I understand that in some games it's just enough to win. We, until tonight at Mayfield have been catching it a lot for how we have been barely winning. That is the idea when you play good teams you are supposed to have to fight to win. PT is a good team. With the right supervision they would be an awesome team. And no, they can't have our coach, so quit trying.
sstack Wrote:Not making any excuses, just stated the fact that Harris the starting stud RB and Wybroski the best defensive player did not play. I do not know why but just that they did not play. Told others did not play either but I can not confirm that yet. I have said all week and for years that I think PT always has some of the best athletes inthe state and that goes back when I was in HS in the 80's. I do not see Highlands fans making excuses I see most of the state so anxious to see them lose. If they do not win every game by 50, people post crazy stuff on here like "Highlands is slightly above average". You should be questioning posters football knowledge when they make posts like that instead of people posting facts.

Harris did not play; Wrobleski did. I'm pretty sure that all the starters on D played. I was at the game.

Our D really concerns me. We have several defenders more interested in making big hits than doing their assignments or breaking down to make the sure tackle.

Our ability to pass block against D linemen with quickness also really concerns me. Having Harris back on the field will help with the pass protection because he does a great job blocking.

From what I've seen so far (which is every Highlands game this year), this team is not the best Highlands team ever. Not in the top 10. Perhaps that assessment will change over the course of the remaining season.

If I'm a Johnson Central fan, I'm feeling optimistic.
I can understand your concern about blocking after a PT game. That is a staple of this program. They always put some of their fastest and best athletes on the d line. They are all really strong as well. Their idea is to beat teams up front and not give you a chance to run anything. You have to run right past it or throw real quick hitters. You probably wont see many d lines like that. Highlands will be fine. They are who they are for a reason.
mysonis55 Wrote:I can understand your concern about blocking after a PT game. That is a staple of this program. They always put some of their fastest and best athletes on the d line. They are all really strong as well. Their idea is to beat teams up front and not give you a chance to run anything. You have to run right past it or throw real quick hitters. You probably wont see many d lines like that. Highlands will be fine. They are who they are for a reason.

No. 52 for Tilghman ate us up Saturday. He was too quick and strong for our O tackles. No. 31 also gave us fits when he blitzed. While I really like Hayes running the ball, he really needs to step up his pass blocking when he gets into the game. When we gave our QB time, he passed extremely well. But he had to be one sore son of a gun Sunday morning. He took way too many hits.
Could you imagine how strong PT would be with your coaching staff?