Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Real Moutain Top 10 (week of 9/29)
Thought I would throw this list out early this week!! Looks like last weeks version stacked up well after Friday nights football action.

1) Belfry
2) Johnson Central
3) Pulaski
4) Corbin
5) Harlan Co
6) North Laurel
7) Middlesboro
8) Bell Co
9) Pikeville
10) Hazard

Had a few movers and shakers this week. The biggest changes are Bell Co is back and Pulaski drops a spot after beating rock by forty points. IMO Johnson Central had to move up after taking care of Harlan Co last night. Things will really get going the rest of the way out as district play starts heating up!!! You got to love this time of year!! Bell, Wayne, and Corbin all play each other over the next month and on November first Belfry and Johnson Central face off so grab some popcorn and enjoy the football.:popcorn:
Not bad but after this week I'd have to have JC as my number 1. Matney really put the breaks on after the running clock. Can't figure out what if any justification there can be for anyone other then JC being 1. They have completely killed every team they have played this far. And the argument they haven't played anyone can't be used any longer! But I'm sure many will still use it.
Rankings are useless. They are fun to discuss on here, but the only ranking JC is worried about is after the season is over and we have a 4A state title back in Johnsonville.
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:Not bad but after this week I'd have to have JC as my number 1. Matney really put the breaks on after the running clock. Can't figure out what if any justification there can be for anyone other then JC being 1. They have completely killed every team they have played this far. And the argument they haven't played anyone can't be used any longer! But I'm sure many will still use it.

I wish I could have seen that one!! You make a valid point and the big game Nov 1st will have some high intensity smack talk over the next six weeks. Johnson Central proved they are the real deal you boys have one of the finest teams in the state and I wish you all luck the rest of the way!!
No way we, Belfry, deserve the number 1 spot after the beating Johnson central put on Harlan Co. Come on give them the #1 spot next time.
Belfry/JC has separated themselves some through the first 4 or 5 weeks. You could switch them out at 1 or 2 and be right either way. I want to ask the JC fans, hopefully some objective ones, about the win against HC. Obviously turnovers are a part of any matchup. Belfry had 1 and Pikeville 4 and it contributed to the big margin in that game, but there was also that look of total dominance because Pikeville did not force a punt against the Belfry varsity and only forced one third down attempt. Did JC totally dominate the LOS or was the game a blowout due to the turnovers, or a combination of both? Belfry and JC looks to be a nice regular season ending war as usual.
I believe that you can put Pulaski Co. right now with JC and Belfry.
Seems fair. I haven't seen the Maroons play, but they are obviously good.
From my observations Bucs this is best answer I can give ya it was a mix of both. Our offense was flat clicking last night as it has every game this far. If I'm not mistaken through the first 9 offensive plays we ran we had 3 scores. Much of the fumble issues HC had was due to our Dline being in the back field at the same time as the handoff. We really have a ton of speed on d and o this year. This is the most athletes in my opinion a JC TEAM has possessed since football was introduced to the school. We have some kids that are flat out fast and also very very strong! Some major props should be given to the Arms brothers for the strength of our kids! They know what they are doing and the kids are more then willing to put in the work. Heck I have seen many of the boys coming in between 5 and 6 am to get work in while participating in other sports in the evening during the off season.
Thanks Alumni seems pretty dominating to me. I definitely don't see a regular season loss up to the BHS game and we both know how those tend to go over the last 6 with only one real blowout and some real good football. Thanks again.
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:From my observations Bucs this is best answer I can give ya it was a mix of both. Our offense was flat clicking last night as it has every game this far. If I'm not mistaken through the first 9 offensive plays we ran we had 3 scores. Much of the fumble issues HC had was due to our Dline being in the back field at the same time as the handoff. We really have a ton of speed on d and o this year. This is the most athletes in my opinion a JC TEAM has possessed since football was introduced to the school. We have some kids that are flat out fast and also very very strong! Some major props should be given to the Arms brothers for the strength of our kids! They know what they are doing and the kids are more then willing to put in the work. Heck I have seen many of the boys coming in between 5 and 6 am to get work in while participating in other sports in the evening during the off season.

Also.... several studies have shown that high school wrestling improves football teams. JC's wrestling team is considered one of the best teams in the state. In 2009, JCMS won the middle school state wrestling title. I'm not sure how many kids were on that team or currently wrestle for JC. Wrestling adds a level of toughness, speed and tackling that you can't get anyplace else but on the mats.
Mid season ranking:
1. Belfry
2. Johnson Central
3. Pulaski Co.
4. Harlan Co.
5. Wayne Co.
6. Corbin
7. Middlesboro
8. Bell Co.
9. North Laurel
10. Lawerence Co.
Go Big Red! Wrote:Thought I would throw this list out early this week!! Looks like last weeks version stacked up well after Friday nights football action.

1) Belfry
2) Johnson Central
3) Pulaski
4) Corbin
5) Harlan Co
6) North Laurel
7) Middlesboro
8) Bell Co
9) Pikeville
10) Hazard

Had a few movers and shakers this week. The biggest changes are Bell Co is back and Pulaski drops a spot after beating rock by forty points. IMO Johnson Central had to move up after taking care of Harlan Co last night. Things will really get going the rest of the way out as district play starts heating up!!! You got to love this time of year!! Bell, Wayne, and Corbin all play each other over the next month and on November first Belfry and Johnson Central face off so grab some popcorn and enjoy the football.:popcorn:

Very odd that in two weeks Corbin will travel to Wayne county undefeated with their signature win over south laurel :biglmao::please:
1/4bak Wrote:Very odd that in two weeks Corbin will travel to Wayne county undefeated with their signature win over south laurel :biglmao::please:

You make no sense pal! Very odd? Head on over and watch you good ball game in two weeks instead if runny the old pie whole!!!

And Redstorm I don't consider Wayne Co a mountain team.
Go Big Red! Wrote:You make no sense pal! Very odd? Head on over and watch you good ball game in two weeks instead if runny the old pie whole!!!

And Redstorm I don't consider Wayne Co a mountain team.

Hey pal what the heck is if runny? Just saying south laurel is the best team you have played so far, sorry forgot Trimble county Confusednicker:
1/4bak Wrote:Hey pal what the heck is if runny? Just saying south laurel is the best team you have played so far, sorry forgot Trimble county Confusednicker:

Auto correct!

Thats probably why we have out scored the other teams 213-21. Its our fault that Danville is down huh and south western imo is the best team we have played. We can only play what is on the schedule. We still have Bell, Wayne, and Knox Central. This is a very solid Corbin team don't be a hater every ranking you see has Corbin ranked high. If you want act like a little girl go troll somewhere else!!!
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:From my observations Bucs this is best answer I can give ya it was a mix of both. Our offense was flat clicking last night as it has every game this far. If I'm not mistaken through the first 9 offensive plays we ran we had 3 scores. Much of the fumble issues HC had was due to our Dline being in the back field at the same time as the handoff. We really have a ton of speed on d and o this year. This is the most athletes in my opinion a JC TEAM has possessed since football was introduced to the school. We have some kids that are flat out fast and also very very strong! Some major props should be given to the Arms brothers for the strength of our kids! They know what they are doing and the kids are more then willing to put in the work. Heck I have seen many of the boys coming in between 5 and 6 am to get work in while participating in other sports in the evening during the off season.

Thanks, Alumni Eagle. Kyle and I have spent the past several years researching and attending strength and conditioning clinics. This past March, we attended the University of Tennessee and met Al Johnson (Northwestern's Director of Sports Performance for Football). He has had a tremendous impact with the design of the program and Kyle still keeps contact with him today. The kids have just bought in and it has paid off greatly.
If I were going to do a top ten, im not sure it would be possible.
Theres not 10 mountain teams that are good enough to be in a ranking.

Id go
1. Johnson Central
2. Belfry
3. Pulaski County
4. Harlan County
5. Corbin
1. JC
2. Belfry
3. Pulaski Co

4. Harlan Co
5. Corbin

6. North Laurel
7. Middlesboro

8. Bell County

9. Pikeville
10. Lawrence Co.
#1 Johnson Central
#2 Belfry
#3 Pulaski Co.
#4 Corbin
#5 Harlan Co.
#6 Middlesboro
#7 North Laurel
#8 Pikeville
#9 Bell Co.
#10 Knox Central

I saw that someone put my Dawg,s at number 10.........I love this team and we are better but we need to beat a good team.
FYI if we could pull one out with the Raceland team next friday then I would say that we are top 10 material at that point because a lot of people are starting to think that they are the best 1a team in the east and I have said it all year.
Is Pulaski, somerset a mtn team Go Big Red?
According to Khsaa Corbin and Bell are in the West part of the state, so they don't consider them mtn teams.
redstorm Wrote:Is Pulaski, somerset a mtn team Go Big Red?
According to Khsaa Corbin and Bell are in the West part of the state, so they don't consider them mtn teams.

If you want them to be in your mountain top 10 your more then welcome to start YOUR OWN thread. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know Corbin and bell are not in western ky. Somerset and Pulaski are pushing it when you talk about mountain teams. Some people don't include them so to say Wayne is in the mountains IMO is crazy. You are entitled to your own opinion tho. Just like this ranking is my opinion. Good luck to all the mountain teams this year!! I would love to see each class have a mountain team in bowling green.
Ah, the mythical mountain top 10.
Holding moutain schools back for 20+ years Confusednicker:

Ive still not seen the trophy you get for winning that whole thing...
The truth about the top 10

1. Belfry
2. Pulaski co.
3 Johnson central (wayne county would be here if they was in the mts)
4 north laurel (right now)
5.Harlan co
6.Corbin (because they are undefeated)
7.Williamsburg (2-2 because have play a tougher schedule)
8.Middlesboro (because they are undefeated)
9. Hazard ( because they are hazard)
10.somerset (because I think somerset is better than their record)
:closed:
If JC is not #1 in the top ten then it is worthless to read.
64SUR Wrote:The truth about the top 10

1. Belfry
2. Pulaski co.
3 Johnson central (wayne county would be here if they was in the mts)
4 north laurel (right now)
5.Harlan co
6.Corbin (because they are undefeated)
7.Williamsburg (2-2 because have play a tougher schedule)
8.Middlesboro (because they are undefeated)
9. Hazard ( because they are hazard)
10.somerset (because I think somerset is better than their record)
:closed:

:dudecomeon::goofy::boosign::getwell::booo:Confusederved:
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote::dudecomeon::goofy::boosign::getwell::booo:Confusederved:

:dudecomeon: I'm just a Monday morning QB just remember you guys was the second team to beat Harlan co and Canada and indiana beat belfry if you want my number :1: vote Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ah, the mythical mountain top 10.
Holding moutain schools back for 20+ years Confusednicker:

Ive still not seen the trophy you get for winning that whole thing...

At least we don't have to hear the whole "we're #1 until a mountain beats us" thing anymore. You know who you are....
redstorm Wrote:Is Pulaski, somerset a mtn team Go Big Red?
Bell is in the mountains of eastern Kentucky - not far from Cumberland Gap - a favorite route of early settlers through the mountains to Kentucky, so I don't see how anybody can exclude them from a Kentucky Mountain Top 10 list.