Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayne County 42 at Southwestern 20
SW loses yet again, would like to hear details
3A is developing as the deepest and most competitive class in the state. That class is going to be fun to watch and follow come playoff time. looks like anyone could take the title this year.
SW has had a tough row to hoe this year. Corbin and Wayne are top 5 3A schools. Somerset and Knox Central are both good and those were close losses. They've got a killer district with North Laurel, Pulaski County and Madison Southern to look forward to.
[quote=E's Army]SW has had a tough row to hoe this year. Corbin and Wayne are top 5 3A schools. Somerset and Knox Central are both good and those were close losses. They've got a killer district with North Laurel, Pulaski County and Madison Southern to look forward to.[

Not to mention they also got beat by the best team in 3A...Belfry

:truestory:
I was to lazy to look it up and to old to remember.
Wayne jumped out 21-0. Sw came back and scored 21-7. Recieved ko after halftime and drove it down and scored. 21-14. Wayne scores on next 3 poss if half holding the sw offense. In 4th an int return by sw from about the 14 gives us the final score 42-20.
Good varsity football game. Sw hung in there and then they suffered some injuries.
Cards and Hounds on a collision course.
Cards have bell next week. We take it one game at a time. Bell is very good and has controlled this district. Cards will have to continue to develop.
Southwestern is a couple pieces on defense and game breaking receiver away from being a good team.

Almost exactly how I figured it would play out and further proof that Wayne County is legit.
This game this not shock me from a Williamsburg fan :betterthanexpected:
Southwestern is 0-5 this is simply unacceptable for a 5a program that has the last three middle school state championships feeding into it SW has too much talent and resources to be applauded for good efforts
wiznut Wrote:Southwestern is 0-5 this is simply unacceptable for a 5a program that has the last three middle school state championships feeding into it SW has too much talent and resources to be applauded for good efforts
Two of those championships, you like to mention were won by the freshman class as 7th graders and repeated as 8th. The previous was won by a class a year or two prior. The Freshman are playing some major minutes but are still Freshmen playing a grown mans game. No one likes being 0-5 but they have played one of the hardest schedules in the area and have been only a couple plays from earning a win.
Warrior Grandpa Wrote:Two of those championships, you like to mention were won by the freshman class as 7th graders and repeated as 8th. The previous was won by a class a year or two prior. The Freshman are playing some major minutes but are still Freshmen playing a grown mans game. No one likes being 0-5 but they have played one of the hardest schedules in the area and have been only a couple plays from earning a win.

I agree 100 percent :Thumbs:
The Warriors have played with intensity and plenty of heart every game, contrary to Mr. Childers' article in todays CJ. Their problem against a solid Wayne team, and a very good PASSING QB, was simply that their sub-par coaching staff didn't prepare them to defend the short passes that hammered them the entire game. Did SW coaches even scout this team? Too much cushion on Wayne receivers, not enough pressure from the d-line and losing 2 senior starters in Baker and Meece late in the game killed any effort that was made to stay in the game. No mention of the injuries in the CJ article either???? The Warriors aren't quitters but I'm afraid they're getting tired. Tired of poor play calling, bad preparation, and a coaching staff with more questions than answers during the games. I know I'm tired of it.
Their game plan looked pretty good to me. They made wayne beat them by doing something they had not consistently done all season: control the game with short throws. Wayne proved they could do it.
I believe that speaks less to coaching ability than wayne has a better team. Parents and fans hate hearing it but sometimes the other team is better.
Warrior Grandpa Wrote:Two of those championships, you like to mention were won by the freshman class as 7th graders and repeated as 8th. The previous was won by a class a year or two prior. The Freshman are playing some major minutes but are still Freshmen playing a grown mans game. No one likes being 0-5 but they have played one of the hardest schedules in the area and have been only a couple plays from earning a win.

somerset by far has had the most difficult schedule of the pulaski area schools, SW has had a tough 3a schedule, jury still out on Corbin and Knox wayne and belfry legit, but they lost period. SW is 5a school with great fans, players and facilities they have lot of talent flowing into it. how can anyone who is sw fan be happy with merely hanging in with two great 3a schools c'mon look what hines at pulaski is doing with the talent flowin in. 0-5 is 0-5 and with a state championship middle school program flowing into it
Bean Counter Wrote:The Warriors have played with intensity and plenty of heart every game, contrary to Mr. Childers' article in todays CJ. Their problem against a solid Wayne team, and a very good PASSING QB, was simply that their sub-par coaching staff didn't prepare them to defend the short passes that hammered them the entire game. Did SW coaches even scout this team? Too much cushion on Wayne receivers, not enough pressure from the d-line and losing 2 senior starters in Baker and Meece late in the game killed any effort that was made to stay in the game. No mention of the injuries in the CJ article either???? The Warriors aren't quitters but I'm afraid they're getting tired. Tired of poor play calling, bad preparation, and a coaching staff with more questions than answers during the games. I know I'm tired of it.

no problem with the kids they are good not blaming coaches either just want to know why they are 0-5 they should not be unless they are playing trinity, st.x , highlands, scott co., bowling green then i understand. there schedule has two really tough teams up to this point but the rest they could beat. 0-5 there is simply too much talent at the middle school feeding into it. somerset and pulaski seem to make the most of their middle school talent coming up what happens at sw?
I am going to quote myself from a post this past spring. It wasn't just the sports reporter that brought up poor effort, the HC echoed his sentiments. Pretty classy guy to throw his kids under the bus like that. Any coach worth his salt that I have seen after a loss will tell you that it was on him, and they must do a better job coaching and preparing their players to succeed. You all really need to read that article in the Sunday CJ.

"This really just boils down to a few major issues that brought on last years results, and will more than likely continue going forward.

1. Over all lack of football knowledge displayed by the staff.
(Defensive issues previously mentioned should cover that one.)

2. Over all lack of preparation.
(I wonder, when was the last time the kids saw a scouting report?)

3. Over all absence of the basic football fundamentals being taught.

Say what you will. You may just think I am being critical, but keep this in mind: the only kids left from that semi-final team (except 2) will graduate this May. From now on, kids will have to attempt to learn how to play the game facing the above issues.

Someone asked earlier why numbers dwindled below 30 for the last game of the season. Kids are a lot smarter than we give them credit for sometimes. If you don't think they see the issues I mentioned, you are sadly mistaken." - See more at: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...ost1587494
Most of SW's coaching experience has been at the pee-wee level.
I watched this game on Hudl. SW seemed to move the ball well. A SW snap over the Qb's head for a 80 yard TD for Wayne and then immediately lose a bouncing kickoff that resulted in a quick TD. SW gave Wayne the short pass though out the game and Wayne took it. There is not much difference in these two teams. I believe SW can still savage some respect. Most likely the best 0-5 team in the state, but not exactly the way they want to be known, I'm sure.
Hard to win with freshmen playing that schedule.
E's Army Wrote:Hard to win with freshmen playing that schedule.

True, but there's no excuse for a 5A team with a good feeder system to be depending on freshmen. And they aren't playing that many freshmen.
They are underachieving being applauded for being the best 0-5 team in the state should not be a compliment for a school like sw with the talent they have 4-1 minimum. north laurel game is a must win for a program that is 3-13 since winning region in 2011.
Southwestern has the worst fans and parents in the state.........freaking lunatics.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:Southwestern has the worst fans and parents in the state.........freaking lunatics.

Not sure fans and parents are the issue
Then you should attend a few of their games and get back with me........
Was watching Wayne County a little on Hudl and they are an intriguing team. Not really huge, not super athletic, not the most dominating team you will see up front, no real players who make you say "wow".... but they execute at an extremely high rate and have a very advanced short and intermediate passing games. They appear to do a good job of maintaining balance and their defense is what I would consider adequate.

Will be interesting to see how they do in the post-season. There are 5-6 teams who are going to be bigger, 5-6 teams that will be more athletic, 5-6 teams that have bigger game breakers...but I am not sure there is another 3A team who overall is deficient of a glaring weakness like Wayne.

It's rare to see a team who you could easily picture as playing for a State Title,,, while at the same time seeing a team who you could easily justify seeing losing in the 2nd Round.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:Then you should attend a few of their games and get back with me........

I am pretty sure I have seen enough of them, standing by my statement.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Was watching Wayne County a little on Hudl and they are an intriguing team. Not really huge, not super athletic, not the most dominating team you will see up front, no real players who make you say "wow".... but they execute at an extremely high rate and have a very advanced short and intermediate passing games. They appear to do a good job of maintaining balance and their defense is what I would consider adequate.

Will be interesting to see how they do in the post-season. There are 5-6 teams who are going to be bigger, 5-6 teams that will be more athletic, 5-6 teams that have bigger game breakers...but I am not sure there is another 3A team who overall is deficient of a glaring weakness like Wayne.

It's rare to see a team who you could easily picture as playing for a State Title,,, while at the same time seeing a team who you could easily justify seeing losing in the 2nd Round.

Belfry done that twice in the 80's, playing in one of the larger classes in the state at the time. A team with good line, receiver, back, quarterback and defense play can achieve a lot of things if every man does there job and completely buy's into the system. It can lead to much success and lead into state final appearances. Wayne Co. has a solid goal with the players completely bought in.