Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 42 Coal Grove 33
Final
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rams big again. Fairview is looming big.
Though Coal Groce is a winless team, I feel this was a good growth game ror the Rams. Coal Grove is always a tough place for KY teams. A few questionable calls, some no calls are all always to be expected. But Beech's pf, I have no problem with. I am not condoning taking a shot after the whistle, but I like seeing team mates have eachothers back like that. Raceland could have given this game away, but held on. Raceland is averaging 44pts/game and goving up around 2tds/game...best part is they are nowhere near peaking. Still lots of growth to be made.

The dline got pushed around for the first time, again a good thing, Raceland was favored, but they managed to avoid coming out unresponsive, though were still a bit flat. The explosion in the 2nd quarter was key. Raceland came out on fire.

The passing game looked better at times. When elkins has 4-5 seconds to get through his
first 3 reads, he is a solid qb. Liked the jump balls to messer and Beach.

The running game looked good tonight. Beach ran extremely well, as did Snyder. Snyder has brought a toughness this offense has been missing. Raceland needed some grit offensively and think he brought it and it is spilling over into Messer and Beach. Vance looked great as well. I think he is the most under used player on offense. Good hands, good rt runner, good speed, tough. Loved seeing more throws across the middle. Great ballance from the iffense tonight.

Fairview looms as does the Fighting Tigers of Ironton, but they need not look past Lawrence
or Paintsville along the way.
They are still my favorite to be playing in the semi's.
Great job by the Raceland Rams! Always fun going to Ohio and getting a W. The Rams are tough.. One point away from being undefeated.
Beating a team from across the pond is always a good deal.