Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 42 Ironton, Oh 20
final
Good job Tomkittens. I didn't think they had it in them. Thought Irontons size would wear them down but looks like Blazer's speed wore down the bigger Tigers.
So is Ironton down this year... or did Ash-Town come to play?
Get the Q the ball!!! He is the man!!!! Unstoppable!!!!!!
They played after the 1st quarter!!!
200 plus yards and 5 TDs!!!
Control Baker and you control the Tomkittens. Let him loose and you better score some Points.
T-CATS Wrote:200 plus yards and 5 TDs!!!

He is worth the price of admission.
Good win for kitties. Baker is becoming a force for Ashland.
Young tomcats grew up tonight. Great momentum and confidence heading into district play.
I didnt expect this score, though I predicted the Ashland win. If I am Tony Love, I am preaching playing "Ashland Football". Meaning play within yourslef and play YOUR game. Raceland has this problem against teams they are favored over. They come out flat. Ashland three toughest tests, Raceland, GW, Ironton, have become good healthy rivalry games, of which Ashland has played their best ball. Ashland os alot better than most think. But they, much like my rams, need to learn to come out a play up to every oponent, no matter if they r favored or a 21 pt under dog. Happy for a 2-0 week for our are vs our Ohio-un counter parts.
I never thought Ashland would be able to pull this off but am glad I was wrong. GREAT game by Baker, he is just a total threat to go the distance from anywhere on the field. But before any of us Tomcat fans get too excited lets keep in mind that Ironton probably could had two more touchdowns at least if not for a couple of dropped passes. VERY happy for the win but don't want to make this out like we beat a "typical" Ironton team, because this one is down. Big win, nice part of the schedule is coming up and time to start putting the pieces together and seeing what kind of year these young men can put together now.
Surprised Me Good Job Ashland!!!!!!!
This was a shocker when I saw the score. Good win Tomcats.
Paper has Q with 11 carries 228 yards!!
This team is gonna win 7 if not 8 games this season. I could see this being a successful year with the future only brighter for the tomcats.
I guess I'm surprised that so many are surprised. This is an average, at best, Ironton team and Ashland was the better team coming in. Ironton is the 4th best team Ashland has played this year.
Leaping Lee Wrote:I guess I'm surprised that so many are surprised. This is an average, at best, Ironton team and Ashland was the better team coming in. Ironton is the 4th best team Ashland has played this year.

I think everyone is surprised cause of the dud they laid at Russell. Maybe coach love was keeping it vanilla knowing ironton and the district schedule was coming up. I hope not cause this team isn't talented enough to take a day off against anyone. But the results of both games makes one scratch there head a little bit. Which team is the real Ashland team? I hope it's this one and the tomcats build enough momentum to challenge for the district title.
Usually comparing the scores of a common opponent isn't a very good barometer. I agree after the Russell game one had to wonder but it was by far Ashland's worst performance of the year. I think they took them lightly, not a good thing but most likely the truth.
The difference in this game and the game against Russell is that Baker was able to get into the open field where he is so dangerous.

As Baker goes......
The best part of Baker's stats is that he only carried the ball 11 times, that means Ashland was establishing the run in other areas. If Baker carries the ball more than 15-20 times in this offense it means they are trying to force him the ball instead of establishing the FB or the QB and will not win ball games that way.

Congrats to Ashland on the win, hopefully they keep this momentum going through the weaker part of the schedule and continue to improve because JC looks like a MONSTER right now.