Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final: Shelby Valley 42 - Hurley 14
Valley plays to their potential.
Shelby Valley played a good game, pretty much controlled the tempo the whole game. One question, with the game completely under control and the score 36-14 going into the 4th quarter.....Why didn't SV pull their starters and not risk any injuries? The starters were in the game when SV was kneeling down to run the clock out. There was a whole lot of boys on the sidelines with clean jerseys. Those guys put in just as much time as the starters and do the scout offense, simulate the opponents defense but travel all the way to Hurley and not get one minute of playing time. That's a little sh**ty in my opinion to those player's and their parents.

Anyway....you guys played a good game and good luck the rest of the season!!
Valley played very well tonight,

Rowe had 10 carries for 156yards and 2 TD. Maybe they should have took some of the starter out, but that the coaches decision
Nice W for the Wildcats!
Good win for Valley. Hurley lost their two best players after defeating East Ridge in the PCB, a shame to see them not rebound. Best of luck to both teams.
big orange T Wrote:Shelby Valley played a good game, pretty much controlled the tempo the whole game. One question, with the game completely under control and the score 36-14 going into the 4th quarter.....Why didn't SV pull their starters and not risk any injuries? The starters were in the game when SV was kneeling down to run the clock out. There was a WHOLE lot of boys on the sidelines with clean jerseys. Those guys put in just as much time as the starters and do the scout offense, simulate the opponents defense but travel all the way to Hurley and not get one minute of playing time. That's a little sh**ty in my opinion to those player's and their parents.

Anyway....you guys played a good game and good luck the rest of the season!!

Valley only has 23 kids and most of them play, not sure what sideline you were looking on.
You had one sub on offense when the QB got the wind knocked out of him but he came back after 1 play. When you punted you sent in 3 players. You subbed maybe 2-3 players on defense. You say you have 23 players....well you only used about 14 of them. I understand that you have a lot of guys going both way and you want your 11 best on the field. You also had about 8-9 guys that got notta, zilch, zero time on the field in a game SV controlled and they could have gained valuable game time experience that you can't simulate in practice. If SV had 50 players I wouldn't have noticed as much but when you only have 23 you tend to notice kids standing on the sidelines with their arms crossed and clean jerseys hoping to get in a game.

Like I said in my previous post, I think it's crappy for kids to travel 60 miles to Hurley and have a large lead and not get to play one down. Hey...it's your program, do what you want with it but it doesn't make it stronger by playing the same 11 kids all the time.
Actually, we have 32 on the roster w/ 2-injured and several who have never stepped foot in a varsity game. But in defense of the coaches, after the last couple games, I'm sure they were excited and relishing in the victory as much as the kids.Those last few minutes tick away quick and I'm sure, in hindsite, they would have liked to put some of the younger ones in, but the starters also needed it....this time.
SV has some good looking players. SV has a good size line and a speedy running back. I haven't looked at the rest of SV schedule but you should do pretty good this year. I hope so anyway, Hurley gets points off each SV victory that the VHSL uses in their calculation of playoff seedings. So, we will be cheering you on this year. LOL
Not surprised by this. Valley is tough and will be in the hunt for the district title.
Hurley was at full strength according to the fans and coaching staff. I know the Baileys, Tester and both huge linemen played and played well. Valley played smart and stayed to the coaching game plan. Valley was without starting middle linebacker and starting safety but played well on both sides of the ball.
The kids with clean jerseys on the sideline also played a JV game last Monday at Allen Central.
new o Wrote:Hurley was at full strength according to the fans and coaching staff. I know the Baileys, Tester and both huge linemen played and played well. Valley played smart and stayed to the coaching game plan. Valley was without starting middle linebacker and starting safety but played well on both sides of the ball.

32 did not play until 4th quarter and quarterback was playing but did not look healthy.
#32 was supposed to sit out the entire game due to something that happened outside football. He came in and ran well on their first drive of the second half. I will say this, Hurley loves football. They get a ton of support from the community. The WR that was injured against East Ridge did not play.