Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 56 Pikeville 20
Final

Belfry freshmen in and running clock by mid 3rd quarter.

Belfry improves to 4-0
Pikeville drops to 4-1

Next game:

Belfry @ Sheldon Clark
Middlesboro @ Pikeville
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mboro beats Pikeville by 2+ tds...
Think Haywood got them re-focused a bit.

Any stats?
Pikeville defense now giving up 33 points per game. Belfry just dominated this game and came up with stops and some turnovers and scored every time the starters touched the ball.
In the prediction thread posters were saying how it would be close and then Belfry would wear Pikeville down in the second half. That was not the case. Tonight was MEN vs boys. Pikeville was outplayed period. WAY TO GO PIRATES!!!!!
Any word from jetpilot? :ChairHit:
Big Don Wrote:Any word from jetpilot? :ChairHit:
I think he hopped on his jet and got outta dodge. Lol
congrats Belfry, is this game EVER going to be good ANYMORE?
Panthers walk the plank. Belfry flexed their muscle tonight. Showed who the king of Pike County is.
cuppett777 Wrote:congrats Belfry, is this game EVER going to be good ANYMORE?

I don't think so, this rivalry is over. Getting beat is one thing but losing by such huge numbers every year is another. especially when Pikeville had the best shot they have in years and the best shot there going to have for years to come...things evolve, and Belfry has evolved into a much better program.

I do believe that Pikeville needs this game a lot more than Belfry, its good to schedule some really good teams so you can measure where your at...there is not another team that Pikeville will face all year as good as this Belfry team including playoffs.

Keep your head up Pikeville, work on the things that need to be worked on (defense) and keep improving. Im sure your fellow Pike Countians will be pulling for ya the rest of the year. looks like little brother needed a wake up call!
Congratulations Pirates on a very solid victory!!
Belfry is the king of Pike County and a total program from top to bottom. Good luck to the Pirates the rest of the way.
Congrats to Belfry. Very solid team, Haywood might have the horses to get his 3rd ring this year. And to the other poster "little brother" did not need a wake up call. They knew it was a tall task, knew they had not played a team as good as Belfry yet. So you can leave the smart a&& responses at the door, eh?
Belfry is the best football team in Kentucky east of Lexington.
PHSForever Wrote:Congrats to Belfry. Very solid team, Haywood might have the horses to get his 3rd ring this year. And to the other poster "little brother" did not need a wake up call. They knew it was a tall task, knew they had not played a team as good as Belfry yet. So you can leave the smart a&& responses at the door, eh?

Opps touched a nerve. True statement though, let me rephrase it for ya then. Little Brother hopefully can learn a few things from this lost and get some things turned around, and can prepare for the rest of the season. Either way it goes Belfry is the Big brother to all others in the county.
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Opps touched a nerve. True statement though, let me rephrase it for ya then. Little Brother hopefully can learn a few things from this lost and get some things turned around, and can prepare for the rest of the season. Either way it goes Belfry is the Big brother to all others in the county.
Good luck to Belfry the rest of the way.
There is no one pulling for Pikeville as much as I am, Im hoping and praying that Pikeville can learn from this lost and make a run toward Bowling Green!!
Real Badman Wrote:Belfry is the best football team in Kentucky east of Lexington.

That's bold, considering the spanking JC put on Harlan and how easily Middlesboro handled Bell who destroyed a Knox Central team the barely escaped SW.
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:There is no one pulling for Pikeville as much as I am, Im hoping and praying that Pikeville can learn from this lost and make a run toward Bowling Green!!

Do you really believe this? Confusednicker:
Congratulations Belfry and Philip!
Leonidas Wrote:That's bold, considering the spanking JC put on Harlan and how easily Middlesboro handled Bell who destroyed a Knox Central team the barely escaped SW.

Middlesboro is a non-factor in the argument

JC, though, is a beast. Best team in 4A not named Highlands.
Pikeville will get another loss this Friday night, Middlesboro is on a roll
Congrats to Belfry on the win. Good luck for the remainder of the season.
BelfryPride Wrote:Final

Belfry freshmen in and running clock by mid 3rd quarter.

Belfry improves to 4-0
Pikeville drops to 4-1

Next game:

Belfry @ Sheldon Clark
Middlesboro @ Pikeville

My friend told me belfry could have beaten them by a 100, think goodness for the mercy rule and a class coach in Haywood. Congratulation to the pirates I see a state championship coming back to the mountains
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Middlesboro is a non-factor in the argument

JC, though, is a beast. Best team in 4A not named Highlands.

You're probably right but going by the scores of the "who beat who" perspective they handedly beat a team (Bell) that destroyed a team (Knox) that barely beat Southwestern.
You can't go by comparative scores, things happen in every game.
Pikeville will be fine. They still look to be in the lead along with Raceland in the east.
I listened to this one on the radio and it sounded like Belfry was just able to get 10-15 yards per run with little effort. The Belfry defense can be susceptible to a good strong running game, but they match up very well versus spread type teams.

Plenty of running backs in the stable this year. So much so that Taylor is playing exclusively at WR.
Yep PTP, Dari, Fletcher, and Willis are getting some good snaps which is creating some good depth and the starting 3 all ran well. Carr looked the best he has all year IMO. I expect the D to keep getting better. Not as many missed tackles last night which was a good sign and only 1 really big play given up when Estep scored on a long pass.

To EKU...Over 340 on the ground with about 275 in the first half. Nice 66 yard slant/quick hitter to K. Taylor from Sani for a TD and he was never touched. Hayden Hatfield made a bunch of plays, especially early and keeps reminding me the way that Phillip Hickman played in the 2007 season. Pikeville only forced Belfry into one third down against the varsity and that was in the second half. Belfry never punted and Woolum still continues to drill the extra points.
bucslover68 Wrote:Yep PTP, Dari, Fletcher, and Willis are getting some good snaps which is creating some good depth and the starting 3 all ran well. Carr looked the best he has all year IMO. I expect the D to keep getting better. Not as many missed tackles last night which was a good sign and only 1 really big play given up when Estep scored on a long pass.

To EKU...Over 340 on the ground with about 275 in the first half. Nice 66 yard slant/quick hitter to K. Taylor from Sani for a TD and he was never touched. Hayden Hatfield made a bunch of plays, especially early and keeps reminding me the way that Phillip Hickman played in the 2007 season. Pikeville only forced Belfry into one third down against the varsity and that was in the second half. Belfry never punted and Woolum still continues to drill the extra points.
Pikevilles #8 scored on a rush I believe. I think that was the first score of the game.