Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge Transfer
Is he nameless too?
I mean all these transfers at east ridge and pikeville and cordia and perry county central(thinking they had a boy from chicago) have done big things aint they? I mean between all the transfers they have a combined 0 regional titles! You know what me and these boys have in common we all played the same minuets in rupp!
No offense friend, but Shelby Valley doesn't stand a chance. If i recall, they got their own little transfer. You maybe correct, that up until this point, but i would much rather have talent, than not to have it.
Yell 6"6' kid from Argentina. His father played at Notre Dame.
Johnny Miller 5-10 Jr. G
Tony Wolters 6-0 Sr. G
Michael Fields 5-10 Jr. G
Patrick Coleman 6-5 Sr. F
Jacob Chaney 6-4 Jr. F/C
Christian Hagy 6-1 Jr. G/F
Jacob Skeens 6-1 Sr. G/F
Josh Epling 6-3 Sr. F
Caleb Skeens 6-1 Jr. G
Trey Little 5-10 Soph. G
Kid from Baltimore 6-8 Sr. C
Kid from Argentina 6-6 Jr. F/C

East Ridge Warriors are loaded. What comes around goes around??
Still can't beat Johnson central
eagles2011 Wrote:Still can't beat Johnson central

LMAO:lame:
No offense friend, but Shane Hall is vastly overrated and was exposed in the state tournament last year. If the kid from Baltimore is half as good as i am hearing, Hall will be introduced to what he will find at the next level.
OffTheHook Wrote:It will NEVER match either of these schools. Because they were done with EKY Boys!

All these transfers over the last couple of years and how many trips to state?..............:Shaking:

Cause the Good Ole Boys keep sending them home.

One thing the transfers don't have or know anything about, that the Home Grown Boys do have and know.

That DESIRE and WANT to play on that Rupp Arena Floor! THE SHOW!

That's exactly what is getting them there, a chance for a good (not great) player to play in the same state Calipari and Pitno pick up the paper and read every day!
The Artist Wrote:No offense friend, but Shane Hall is vastly overrated and was exposed in the state tournament last year. If the kid from Baltimore is half as good as i am hearing, Hall will be introduced to what he will find at the next level.

...exposed??

If by "exposed" you mean "got exposed to all the college coaches", then yes.

Here's his official stat line from the KHSAA website:

24 Hall, Shane c 10-11 FG 8-11 FT 8 RB 2 28 PTS

(Also four dunks.)

I hope he gets "exposed" like that every game. This transfer business is absolutely ludicrous, but the good news is, cheaters still don't win.
The more and more I hear about transfers to theses schools, the more and more interest I lose for the sport of basketball around this area.
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:That's exactly what is getting them there, a chance for a good (not great) player to play in the same state Calipari and Pitno pick up the paper and read every day!

Yep you're right.

The Lexington Herald and The Courier Journal are loaded with East Ridge stats every day.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Diogenes Wrote:...exposed??

If by "exposed" you mean "got exposed to all the college coaches", then yes.

Here's his official stat line from the KHSAA website:

24 Hall, Shane c 10-11 FG 8-11 FT 8 RB 2 28 PTS

(Also four dunks.)

I hope he gets "exposed" like that every game. This transfer business is absolutely ludicrous, but the good news is, cheaters still don't win.

Unfortunately they do.

Sheldon Clark, Belfry, East Ridge, Lawrence County, Pikeville, and Shelby Valley(this year only) all have or have had significant transfers in the past 4-5 years. While no region titles, there are region runner-ups and semifinal appearances as well.

I remember watching Belfry @ Belfry last year and and one of the parents said only 1 starter played middle school or even freshman ball at the school.

Lawrence has kids from ALL over.

ER is international student central.

Pikeville has is transfer central.

Sheldon Clark is about like Belfry as far as kids coming from across the river.
^Yes all those schools do have transfers. As well as EVERY school in the state. But, 99.9% of them are in state or just across the river kids. NOT International or from around the Nation.

I can handle in state transfers. It just doesn't set right when you see kids, with what is supposed to be awesome talent, come in from higher exposure areas. I mean Baltimore, MD or Lick Creek, KY? Really? Wouldn't it be a whole lot easier to just hire Gene Hackman...lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:^Yes all those schools do have transfers. As well as EVERY school in the state. But, 99.9% of them are in state or just across the river kids. NOT International or from around the Nation.

I can handle in state transfers. It just doesn't set right when you see kids, with what is supposed to be awesome talent, come in from higher exposure areas. I mean Baltimore, MD or Lick Creek, KY? Really? Wouldn't it be a whole lot easier to just hire Gene Hackman...lol.

The problem is that it escalates.

Elkhorn City got players from Millard/Feds Creek? Well Pikeville and Shelby Valley get transfers from out in the state. Well, Belfry and LC will get transfers from WV. Well East Ridge will just get some from Texas and Canada and China.

It is an arms race.

The problem is then someone goes and hires a coach because of some success, but that coach couldn't/didn't develop talent, was in the right place at the right time, or he had a bunch recruited for him, so to keep his high paying job he goes get more recruits and it starts all over again.

There are only about 5-6 coaches in the 15th region that are worth a crap and only 2 maybe 3 of those are what I consider high level coaches.
The reason nobody is hearing the name is gonna be obvious soon enough. There's a reason they don't want people researching this kid. Also find it funny for a place with such high unemployment that jobs are suddenly "found" for parents of kids that transfer. But I guess East Ridge is so high profile and known nation wide that people just want to come there to be nationally known.
First, I'm not sticking up for ER, yes my son goes there and getting transfers does hurt the local kids playing time. And I personally thought ER was good enough without extra kids coming in, But....

Every school recruits, its a known fact, if it was
Pikeville football in the 80's getting players from Ohio, WV, Va or etc.
Or Belfry in football getting players from WV, or here recently with other schools for BB.

There isn't a school in this area that isn't guilty of this in one form or another.
What bothers me, is when people pick sides and yell and argue about "this" school, got this player or "this" school got this guy...Quit being hypocrites, get over it and let it play out.
OffTheHook Wrote:^Yes all those schools do have transfers. As well as EVERY school in the state. But, 99.9% of them are in state or just across the river kids. NOT International or from around the Nation.

Well said. Local or regional transfers don't bother me - but a Texas or Canada pipeline... No thanks. If I cared to operate like a prep school I'd move to Virginia. Not interested in basketball scam factories myself. Feels like some schools in this state are turning into that.
pillsburythrow Boy you don't keep up with basketball. East ridge has regional title. You must be from a school who hasn't had a winning season???
Its all game until someone else recruits players. These players coming to East Ridge have homes with running water and toilets. No roaches or ants. So don't start any fiction about the transfers until you get an injunction????????????????????
Shane Hall a Marshall signee?? Thought this kid was better than this. Too slow to play major college. East ridge has won a regional championship. Its over Golden eagles
Nosey James Clay . Boy is he worried??
pugsley79 Wrote:Shane Hall a Marshall signee?? Thought this kid was better than this. Too slow to play major college. East ridge has won a regional championship. Its over Golden eagles

What a terrible thing he has done, going to to Division I school to get a free education and the chance to make the NCAA tournament!

Are you going to tell me now that J.R. VanHoose wasn't very good? He went to Marshall and had a fine career. Just like Shane has the opportunity to.
pugsley79 Wrote:Shane Hall a Marshall signee?? Thought this kid was better than this. Too slow to play major college. East ridge has won a regional championship. Its over Golden eagles

When did the short bus get wifi access? Shane Hall is a good kid who is gonna get to go to college for free and play basketball.

Still waiting on that name. But like I said before we all know why you won't post it. It's obvious you don't want people looking into this kid.
TFerguson Wrote:When did the short bus get wifi access?.
Cut that stuff out.
pugsley79 Wrote:Nosey James Clay . Boy is he worried??

Uh, no, I'm not worried at all. In my experience, these kids are always overhyped and never meet expectations anyways so why would I worry? I was wondering if someone is going to post the name or if I just need to call Teon and ask him myself.
You people are so worried and want to find out so you all can try to keep these kids from playing. Not going to happen!! Shane hall will never be half the player JR Vanhoose was. JR won a state championship. He isn't even in same class. call Judge Combs he might know their name or Billy Rowe. Total care
Here you go Nosey Clay. Dwayne Morgan. Ruled eligible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Morgan kid decomitted from UNLV and is visiting Georgetown D.C. this weekend.
pugsley79 Wrote:Here you go Nosey Clay. Dwayne Morgan. Ruled eligible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just saw he got to school at 11:19 this morning

In Baltimore , md
pugsley79 Wrote:Morgan kid decomitted from UNLV and is visiting Georgetown D.C. this weekend.

So when is he enrolling @ East Ridge ?