Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Harlan County
41.67%
Johnson Central
58.33%
* You voted for this item.

• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan county @ Johnson central 9/20
:welcome: predictions
This will be one of the top games in the state next week.
This is the game of the week.

Biggest game in the state next week.
THOMCAT Wrote:This will be one of the top games in the state next week.

Pulp Fiction Wrote:This is the game of the week.

Biggest game in the state next week.

Great minds think alike my friend.
JC38 HC20 both teams have the horsepower but JC defense slows HC down.
If there was a high school version of ESPN's College GameDay....

They would be doing their show from Golden Eagle Field next Friday night.
This one should be fun! I expect an all out war. 2 very good smash mouth teams.
Should be a good old fashion smash mouth football game can Harlan county slow down the eagles off
And can Johnson central stop whitehead he is a stud running the ball ? so who comes out best belcher or whitehead ?
Slobber Knocker!

Whoever wins, it won't be by much!

Harlan County 18
Johnson Central 14
Well, tonight was perfect football weather in Harlan County! Sure hope it holds out til next Friday!!

This game will be fun to watch for folks who want to be entertained and don't have ties to either team. Those of us who have kids playing and have their hearts in it may not make it through the game! I do think it will be a very difficult and hard fought game. These teams are so similiar in style and philosophy.

So, that said I gotta take my Black Bears by 6!

Go Black Bears!!!!!!
Definitely game of the week. This one is to close to call. I just wish I wasn't working that night.I would love to see this one.
Should be a dandy!!!! Goin with the BLACKBEARS!!! 21-20. JC scores late, goes for 2 and doesn't convert.
Gotta go with DA BEARS!!!!
A lot of team speed!! Going to be a good one.
Harlan county all the way I hope :truestory:
Two locomotives full speed ahead. This will be a tremendous collision. Bears by 7.
Gut you pick the games for the pick 'em so choose whoever you want but I think this one needs to be the game of the week. If this is anything other than dandy I will be shocked
Give me JC by a score.
HC has always been good defending run teams, the only exception is Belfry, and well let's admit Belfry is always the exception. I know JC has an excellent run game, it's going to come down to the trenches, HC's D-line vs JC's O-line. HC has not only power and size but this year is a little different than past years in that they have added speed to that line, and that i think will be the difference. HC isn't by far the fastest D-line by any means, but as for past HC teams they are alot faster, and they get to the ball alot faster this year. On the other side of the ball Larkey has always had good run teams, that's just their bread and butter, last night they only ran about 5 or 6 different plays, even if that many. They power run teams to death, then throw in a little misdirection that throws a defense off. HC O-Line is for real, when they are on their game, and hitting their assignments, it's hard to defend them, plus Larkey will take 3 & 4 yard runs all night long. If JC can get into the backfield, then HC will have a tough night, if harlan can move the ball then that long night could be the other way around. Either way it's going to be a tough, beatdown night for both teams. The pads will be popping on both sides of the ball. Good luck to both teams and hoping for an injury free game for both teams....Now in saying all that, i've got to go with my Black Bears by a 7 in a low low scoring game..

Go Bears!!!!!!!!
JC and Belfry have similarities, but also vast differences.

JC does some things which will give HC some big problems:
- They are very deep and limit their 2-way players
- They have the size and strength to match up with HC's Oline, but also have a defense with the team speed and quickness similar to Belfry to create problems
- JC has possibly one of the top 2 or 3 kickers in the state and play pretty sound special teams

On the contrary, JC also has some aspects I think matches up better for HC than Belfry:
- JC has very good backs, but they do not have the quickness as Belfry or run with the precision. JC is more power (similar to Bell) whereas Belfry is more finesse.

- JC's Fullback is good, but he is not the game changer that Hatfield is that forces the entire defense to account for him.

There are going to be some snot bubbles next Friday. These teams have a lot of similarities. Just my humble opinion but Belcher from JC is the best HB in EKY. His ability to break tackles and get yards after contact will be the key to a JC win. For HC it is going to be all about Bailey at QB. Traditionally JC is very tough in the middle but have vulnerability outside and in the secondary. Cole Wilson is also a huge factor if he plays or not.

If Wilson plays:
Harlan County 26
Johnson Central 24

If Wilson does not play:
Johnson Central 28
Harlan County 20
From what i was told, Wilson will be playing next week, they wanted to give him this week off so he would be back to full strength next week for the JC game. So with Wilson being back on the field i do have to give HC the edge for this game, especially if Coach Larkey will be willing to put the ball in the air a little more. I know he only ran a few plays friday night but he will open the playbook up for this game..
HC by a TD, 28 - 21.
JC 44
HC 30

Matney has a great record in big games at home and it is a long bus ride from HC to Paintsville. This is a big game for Johnson Central and it is probably the only "loseable" game besides the road game at Belfry until round two of the playoffs.
Cole Wilson will play next week. He could've played last night, but I believe the staff chose not to play him just to give him a little extra time to heal.

Snot bubbles, EKUAlum??? Wink You're right.
The only thing I disagree with is your assessment of Pack. I would put him at #1 in the state. I believe last night, he tied the record for the longest field goal kick.

Oh, the kids are used to lengthy bus rides!! They've made many of them over the past few years!
I hope the bears keep that anger from losing to Belfry in their heads for the rest of the season, after talking to a couple of them it seems that they are, of course they don't want to lose another game this year, but it seems now as though they are on a mission to finish out the regular season, then head into the playoffs with just the one loss..The way i look at it is if they lose to JC then there is a good possibility they could lose two in a row, because next week gets even tougher with the away game at Greeneville, TN...So next weeks game is huge, would love to head into district play with just the one loss but i know JC is gonna be tough at home..
Have to go with JC in this one. Seems like if my memory is correct the last time Matney faced Larkey (he was at Rock Castle) it didn't turn out to good for the Rockets. Got beat 2 or 3 scores. I think Matney will have the Eagles ready to roll!
JC 35
HC 21
Either way should be a heck of a game between two awesome programs!
Emergency Room Afternoon!

Just not sure whos getting it lol....
eagles2011 Wrote::welcome: predictions

In the words of a heavy necklaced member of the A-Team. I predict pain and a Bear win by 1.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Harlan county has no pass game Just one deep threat that they go to . Jchs can spread the field or run the ball Harlan county won't be able to run on jchs . Eagles win 42 ----12
42-12 ??? Bawahahahahaha..Nice dream you got there pal..lol..
  • 1(current)
  • Next