Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bryan Station vs Lex CATH
thougts on this game?

I am interested to see this game. BS had some good athletes and I do not believe they are as bad as HHS made them look. They had trouble against the pass which plays into LEXCATH hands. If they can improve their DB's play, this might be an interesting game.
sstack Wrote:thougts on this game?

I am interested to see this game. BS had some good athletes and I do not believe they are as bad as HHS made them look. They had trouble against the pass which plays into LEXCATH hands. If they can improve their DB's play, this might be an interesting game.

I have no dog in any of these fight. I do reside between Lafayette high school and Lex Cath. I try to catch as many home games as I can for both teams and sometimes away. So in this case I will pick Lex Cath. I think from what we have seen when they played BG, Saint X and Lafayette, Lex Cath can hang and can put up points against bigger and faster teams. In this case Bryan Station are very athletic, not too big and plus Lex Cath torched Station DB's during their 7 on 7 meeting during the summer.
It appears LC discovered rushing game to compliment passing attack. They had balanced attack of 268 yds rushing and 280 yds passing while only giving up 67 yds rushing. Need to work on special teams after giving up two touchdowns on kickoff returns. Will need "A" game to stay with Bryan Station.
Lex Cath. The Fayette County school system has been very mediocre in producing football teams.
E's Army Wrote:Lex Cath. The Fayette County school system has been very mediocre in producing football teams.

I wouldn't go as far as mediocre. I would say more like inconsistant. Lafayette has been the only team one that has been in the regional semis in the last few season. The rest... well their one and done in the playoffs. Also the other reason is the carrousel of head coaches. You can't built a program if your coaching staff is different every year. Bryan Station, Dunbar, Lafayette all have had numerous head coaches within the last few season.
Henry Clay has had a few nice teams in recent years. Either the 08 or 09 team was real good. A lot of speed at all the skill positions.
Bryan Station is no pushover and they are very quick and athletic. However, I believe Lexington Catholic will win this one.