Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Real Mountain Top Ten (My version)
Go Big Red! Wrote:[quote=bear claw]Hey Go Big Red, I want what you are smoking cause if you think Corbin should be ranked above Harlan County you have some good stuff. I can see Belfry and right now Pulaski and Johnson Central but Corbin? COME ON MAN!!! As Chris Berman would say.[/

I think Corbin will do much better in 3a playoffs then HC will in 5a.

So, you have Corbin winning a district championship this year and Harlan County not?
Corbin is greatly improved but to be honest, they haven't played a team that's any count. Southwestern may be decent but they're not going to be confused with Boyle County, Highlands, or even Harlan County any time soon. I do think Corbin is legit and will win the district over Bell and Wayne County this year though.

They are starting to hit their stride but still have a lot of work to do. They have Danville tomorrow, which by all accounts should be a win but you never can count out the Ads.

I would love to see Corbin and Harlan County start playing but first and foremost, I want to see Corbin and Whitley. I think that Whitley County should replace South Laurel on the Corbin schedule. Playing the Cards brings nothing to the table other than it being some halfway rivalry as they claim. Whitley would be great. Harlan County could replace Knox Central and Central could become a roatating game each year in place of another non district game.

I'd like Corbin's schedule to be.

District
Bell County
McCreary County
Wayne County
Casey County

Non District
Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic
Harlan County
Whitley County
Danville/Knox Central roatating
Middlesboro/Williamsburg rotating
Knox Central or a bowl like Ray Correll Bowl, Pike County Bowl, etc
^
IMHO, a schedule like that is what Corbi needs to bring a little bit of there mojo back.
bear claw Wrote:HC is 1 hour away from Corbin. Pikeville and Paducah is many more hours from that. Just ask your coach why they won't play. He says we are too physical. That means if 3A Belfry who is in your own class that beat us will beat your ass like a drum. Harlan County has tried so hard getting games closer to home so we don't have to travel to Greenville TN and Johnson Central in Paintsville KY when we have teams like CORBIN that is a lot closer to us than those teams that we have had to schedule that is a lot further away from HC. Yes, Corbin has a better team this year than they have had in a while but don't start on HC who would beat your ass any day of the week any where. You better worry about the Bobcats rather than the Black Bears who would spank that ass and we are not even in your district. Corbin people like you has always given people from Corbin a bad name with the way you run your mouth. Beat somebody and then you can talk.

I can't understand why Harlan County would want to play a team like Corbin, who according to you would provide no competition at all for the Black Bears. Why would you want to play a mediocre team that is 2 classifications below you?

By the way, if I was doing the scheduling for Corbin, I would schedule Harlan County