• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its the same teams each year
:eyeroll: Class A Mayfield
Class AA Caldwell County
Class AAA Belfry
Class AAAA Highlands
Class AAAAA Bowling Green
Class AAAAAA Trinity
Who do you all like its the same one each year.
I think Trinity will be beat this year. Scott County appears strong enough and St. X is usually always a steep opponent for Trinity
Caldwell made it to the championship last year but, it has been since 1998 that they last made it there. Besides, that is a factor of coaching and building a program. If you do not believe this is the case look at the Mayfield @ Paducah Tilghman game Saturday. The talent was on the Tilghman side. We may have had one kid that could run as fast as there horses. Their line was as big as ours. They have a very good qb that is mobile and they have at least one d1 prospect in the defensive secondary. I think they have 3 that are getting looks from d1 schools. We simply don't have that kind of talent. We still win though. You have to do the right job putting together a coaching staff. Then you have to have an administration that will support them and keep the parents off their backs. Then the last thing is that your kids have to buy in and respect the coaching staff and one another. Once all that happens, you will be one of those teams that gets mentioned every year.
Mysonis55 you are so full of s@@@ but you keep backing it up if the Ohio river every dry up you guys are in trouble mayfield Confusederiously:
No complaints. The only way to change it is to get better and beat the big dogs. They have earned their titles.
E's Army Wrote:No complaints. The only way to change it is to get better and beat the big dogs. They have earned their titles.

Belfry has been good in AAA but they haven't beat Central. They are the kings of AAA until belfry beats them.
Belfry is king of the mountains :1:
ballboy Wrote::eyeroll: Class A Mayfield
Class AA Caldwell County
Class AAA Belfry
Class AAAA Highlands
Class AAAAAA Trinity
Central owns AAA. Not Belfry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TNT-MB1 Wrote:I think Trinity will be beat this year. Scott County appears strong enough and St. X is usually always a steep opponent for Trinity

I do not know why people think T is so down this year when it comes to KY competition. They will walk through the Playoffs again. Scott co and X improved very little from last year IMO and not enough to over take Trinity even though they did lose some big talent. I think a lot of people want T to lose so bad that they are blinded from the truth.
64SUR Wrote:Mysonis55 you are so full of s@@@ but you keep backing it up if the Ohio river every dry up you guys are in trouble mayfield Confusederiously:

You do realize that Mayfield isn't on the Ohio river Don't You?

They are nearly as close if not closer to the Cumberland River as they are the Ohio. It's seems like you guys may be drinking the same water...:biggrin:
sstack Wrote:I do not know why people think T is so down this year when it comes to KY competition. They will walk through the Playoffs again. Scott co and X improved very little from last year IMO and not enough to over take Trinity even though they did lose some big talent. I think a lot of people want T to lose so bad that they are blinded from the truth.

I agree. I think most people remember last years playoffs, when Trinity beat Scott County 21-14. Trinity might lose a few games, but when you're playing national top 25 teams and losing close games, it's not as bad as it seems. Their schedule gets them ready for the playoffs. I think they underestimated Scott County last year. I don't think they will this year. That being said, every now and then, a school will have a special team that exceeds all expectations and wins it all. I don't know if Scott County is a team like that or not. Until they can prove it, I'm going with Trinity.
If you take it back down to 4 classes, its still the same teams only bunched together.
I like the set up of high school football in kentucky now.
Should be a good year, and out of the picks listed in the first post, I tihnk youll be surprised.
ballboy Wrote::eyeroll: Class A Mayfield
Class AA Caldwell County
Class AAA Belfry
Class AAAA Highlands
Class AAAAAA Trinity

1A 07 Beechwood 38 vs. LCA 35
08 Beechwood 14 vs. Hazard 7
09 LCA 55 vs. Mayfield 19
10 Mayfield 47 vs. Hazard 6
11 Hazard 24 vs. Mayfield 6
12 Mayfield 55 vs. Fairview 8

2A 07 Fort Campbell 21 vs. NCC 7
08 Fort Campbell 26 vs. NCC 23
09 Fort Campbell 29 vs. DeSales 9
10 NCC 42 vs. Owensboro Cath. 0
11 Covington Holy Cross 33 vs. Glasgow 14
12 NCC 30 vs. Caldwell Co. 26

3A 07 Central 27 vs. Belfry 17
08 Central 40 vs. Breathitt Co. 19
09 Paducah Tilghman 21 vs. Somerset 0(i don't know is this is right, but that is want on the KHSAA web site. if it is not right let know. i though Louisville Central have won 6 in a row.)
10 Central 46 vs. Belfry 7
11 Central 15 vs. Belfry 14
12 Central 12 vs. Belfry 6

4A 07 Lex. Cath. 49 vs. lone Oak 7
08 Bell Co. 15 vs. Bullitt East 13
09 Boyle Co. 42 vs. Lone Oak 39
10 Boyle Co. 21 vs. Allen Co-Scottsville 14
11 Highlands 42 vs. Franklin-Simpson 14
12 Highlands 47 vs. Collins 0

5A 07 Highlands 28 vs. Bowling Green 7
08 Highlands 35 vs. Christian Co. 15
09 Highlands 35 vs. John Hardin 7
10 Highlands 50 vs. Christian Co. 0
11 Bowling Green 55 vs. Anderson Co. 3
12 Bowling Green 34 vs. Cooper 20

6A 07 Trinity 34 vs. St. X 28
08 Trinity 48 vs. Simon Kenton 0
09 St. X 34 vs. trinity 10
10 Trinity 38 vs. Male 0
11 Trinity 62 vs. Scott Co. 21
12 Trinity 61 vs. Pleasure Ridge Park(PRP) 7
^
Good research!
^2009 for 2A is definitely right, cj. Trust me, it still haunts me.
Jumper Dad Wrote:You do realize that Mayfield isn't on the Ohio river Don't You?

They are nearly as close if not closer to the Cumberland River as they are the Ohio. It's seems like you guys may be drinking the same water...:biggrin:

:howdy: Jumper dad you might want mysonis55 to send your somerset team some of that ohio river water.y'all are drinking something thats not working right now Confusedmoke: