Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tates Creek @ Henry Clay 9/13
This one figures to be a heckuva game. Lots of story lines and a great early city rivalry between 2 very good teams. Henry Clay is without one of its standout RBs Davion Jackson, and I think that will be huge in this one. Elijah bell is his typical electric self, but not having the threat of Jackson seriously diminishes The effects of Bell. Clay will have DA Jones in the backfield who is another speed burner, but not the RB That Bell and Jackson are. Clay has a fast and aggressive defense but hasn't played an offense like Tates Creek.

Tates Creek has weapons in several areas. A strong passing game with Graham Gordon under center throwing to big time playmaking receivers RJ Taylor and Tavon Dunn and a strong running game from Casey Grimes and Martavius Carter give Creek a potent offense.

Will Creeks offensive diversity win out over a healthy dose
Of Elijah Bell from Henry Clay. I like Creek on this one
In a typical City Shootout.
Clay by a bunch. Well ok maybe just by 10pts.
I'm interested to hear the final score of this game. I will go with Henry Clay by a TD
Henry Clay missing one of its starting RBs limit this offense (DJ Jackson). Wont be 50 scored in this one. Creek has more scoring options than Clay. Better QB and Defense at Creek. Creek by a TD. Old School Rivalry Game. These teams have split the last 2 years.
This will be Tates Creek's first real test of the season. If they win this, it will show they are one of the better football teams in 6A. Creeks defense is doing a very good job, but they haven't seen an offensive line like Clay's, and they certainly haven't seen a running back like Bell. Sammy Carter, Clay's QB is a good game manager and protects the ball well. Creek will have to play mistake free football to win this one. That said, I don't think Clay's defense will be able to stop Taylor, Dunn, Carter, Grimes and this Shelby kid who has been very impressive. I was told by a parent that Gordon played last weeks game with a hematoma the size of a grapefruit under his right throwing arm. He was cleared to play by his doctor as long as he could stand the pain. Might explain two INT's last week. Hopefully that will be cleared up this week, because Henry Clay looks like a much more "painful" team! I'll take Creek by 14...
Wow Wasnt aware of the Gordon news. Hope that gets better as the season goes on. He has been very good at the helm and is a major key going forward. After watching film of Henry Clay in their first 2 games, Creek has an advantage on the line. Clay has some playmakers for sure, but in missing Jackson in the backfield, Id give the playmaker advantage to Creek as well (the sum of Creeks playmakers being better than Bell by himself primarily), with a decided advantage at QB for Creek. In my opinion, much easier to gameplan to slow down Bell than to stop 4-5-6 different threats from Creek.

This will be a thriller.
I would like to point out, that not only does this team have to play mistake free football, they must also play an aggressive passing game. In my opinion, they won't be able to run the ball the way they have on Moore, Dunbar, and PCC. They will need a passing game similar to the Harlan County game last year, and the Madison Central game (minus the rotating QB). Now, they lost both those games, but those were do to silly mistakes and poor coaching in the Central game (ie. rotating QB's). I'm still not convinced this coaching staff has what it takes to take this team of very talented kids to the next level. The defense will do their best, but it's still Bell and he will get his. I've got Clay with 5 TD's... Can Creek put up more than 35 points for the win? Will the Coaching staff go with an aggressive passing attack, or a change up to throw Clay off? My gut feeling... a change up may be in the works, which will leave Creek up the creek without a paddle. If they play to the strengths of their talented kids, Creek wins by 14... if the coaches get cute, which has happened in the past, Creek sits through a running clock by the 3rd quarter...
Henry Clay at home makes this a +14 point win