Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGR Regional Power Rankings- EKY
1. Belfry- Pirates make a statement and take down the Black Bears on the road
2. Johnson Central- Eagles still waiting to play a team with a pulse
3. Harlan County- Black Bears look for redemption against 3-0 Knox Central
4. Bell County- Bobcats hanging on by a thread, but just keep winning
5. Fairview- Eagles get the bump over Pikeville thanks to a quality win against Lawrence County while Pikeville struggles against Paintsville

The Next 5 (in no particular order)
Pikeville
Mason County
Middlesboro
Ashland
Raceland
That was a long stay haha. TongueirateSho
Can't really argue. Though I think pikeville is better than fairview.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Can't really argue. Though I think pikeville is better than fairview.

You will see just how good pikeville is next week lol.......TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
^90% of Belfry fans think about Pikeville at least once every single day of their lives. 90% of Pikeville fans never think of Belfry at all. I love it.:zzz:
jetpilot Wrote:^90% of Belfry fans think about Pikeville at least once every single day of their lives. 90% of Pikeville fans never think of Belfry at all. I love it.:zzz:

I try not to think daydream about the things I can never have or the people I can never be as well

Big Grin
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I try not to think daydream about the things I can never have or the people I can never be as well

Big Grin

You are one of the 10%.:biggrin:
Seriously, you shouldn't drop Pikeville, all they did is win. Not ready to call Lawrence a quality win. They beat Boyd and Rowan, two horrible teams. And they don't have a player like K. Daniel I promise you. I don't subscribe to the theory of comparing wins. Love the JC comment, so true haha.
jetpilot Wrote:^90% of Belfry fans think about Pikeville at least once every single day of their lives. 90% of Pikeville fans never think of Belfry at all. I love it.:zzz:

Oh i don't think about pikeville until i see people putting them up on a pedestal after they beat a couple sub par teams....I mean why would you think about BELFRY because you already know it's a beatdown...TongueirateShoTongueirateSho
Pikeville fans better be thinking about Belfry everyday
Panthers are getting ready to take a butt whopping. Barely beat the Paintsville Tigers. Pikeville will win their weak district and get knocked out of palyoffs be\y either Fairview or Raceland.
Belfry 54
Pikeville-14
Pikeville shouldn't of drop out. Paintsville beat a pretty solid Morgan County team.
While I can't disagree that we'll spank Pikeville, those kids are gonna be in the mix in 1A this year without a doubt. Playing top notch opponents like Belfry only helps them in the long run!
I think its a good list, I don't think Fairview is worthy of #5 but I also don't see anyone else listed who is worthy of knocking them out (haven't personally seen Pikeville yet) so they stay.
Chief Wahoo Wrote:I think its a good list, I don't think Fairview is worthy of #5 but I also don't see anyone else listed who is worthy of knocking them out (haven't personally seen Pikeville yet) so they stay.
If Fairview is not worthy of #5, then why drop Pikeville out even though they won? People forget, Kash was with Pikeville most of the summer. While they changed somethings around, I'm sure he was able to help Paintsvilles coaches prepare schematically some. Additionally, Paintsville has assembled a pretty good coaching staff and has coached the boys up well. They were playing for pride and with confidence. Lastly, a former Pikeville assistant is on their staff. All things considered, Paintsville had a lot going their way to keep it close. Fairview and Raceland better not be overlooking the Tigers, especially if they get Kash back by playoff time. It was a great game.
^^ I really think if Kash was in maroon this year and he was able to win the QB job which many eluded that he would, you've got a two headed monster to deal with. Read option, Hall, Estep, Kash, Charles, ect. I think it's a different animal not to mention Pugh. Pikeville is damned talented at their skill positions and don't forget Somersets QB is around 5"10 not 6"3 215 that's all I'm saying. I just think it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. JMO. Best to both but everyone in Paintsville is pulling for our 1A brothers just like the Hatfields and McCoys. Go Panthers!