Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are the Harlan Green Dragons?
This is the first year that I can remember that there has been no Harlan Ind. fans predicting scores and making threads. Where are you all? Just because you all are down don't mean you have to give up. WHERE ARE THE GREEN DRAGON FAITHFUL?
Come on Green Dragon miss you guys.:Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs:
Not on Williamsburg's schedule. We miss the Green dragons.
Harlan is just down this year
That is a great question. A stellar 1A program for years with rich tradition and tremendous fan and community support. I can say this, if people do not think Harlan Central does not have an effect in this school make the drive over the mountain and see what Johnson Central has done to Paintsville. We get smaller and smaller each year. But really we can't complain, they have done a much better job promoting their school and facilities which draws more parents eyes to something newer. Best to the Green Dragons but we have suffered for 10 years and that's the way of 1A schools now, there is only a few left.
As a parent with children that attended both schools I can tell you if Harlan doesn't start supporting their extra curricular activities, especially sports programs they will fall. I am seeing offspring of the very foundation of HISD leave the system. There are names in the county system you would never have seen 10 years ago.
Bear_Paw Wrote:As a parent with children that attended both schools I can tell you if Harlan doesn't start supporting their extra curricular activities, especially sports programs they will fall. I am seeing offspring of the very foundation of HISD leave the system. There are names in the county system you would never have seen 10 years ago.

I agree 100% These small systems when money get tight the first thing that goes is the extra curricular stuff. Well parent want there kids to be successful in what ever they are doing whether it is academic teams ,sports teams or band they should hire the best possible person, not somebody in the hallway trying to get there tenure.when your successful the kids will come.