Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central 28 Prestonsburg 27
Really good game.

Pburg missed what would have been the game tying PAT late in the 4th... couldn't drive the field in the Final Minute for the win.

Gist of KC had over 200 yards on around 35 carries
Congrats KC, looking forward to next weeks game at HC...See you guys/gals there...
A note... I started following the game in the 2nd Half and Barger was the KC Quarterback the entire time. Not sure if Diamond was injured or benched... I presume an injury because supposedly passing wasn't an option tonight for Knox Central from the radio reports.
Great game. All I can say is Gist is a beast. By far best player I have seen in person this year. Hall kid from Pikeville is a good back but Gist kid is just on another level. Kid has total package. He can run, cut and he will just flat out run you over. Nice job by the Blackcats to make the comeback in the 2nd half. This Blackcat team is starting to figure some things out and by seasons end they are going to be somebody you dont want to play.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:A note... I started following the game in the 2nd Half and Barger was the KC Quarterback the entire time. Not sure if Diamond was injured or benched... I presume an injury because supposedly passing wasn't an option tonight for Knox Central from the radio reports.

Barger quarterbacked the whole game. Coaches decision
insideinfo Wrote:Barger quarterbacked the whole game. Coaches decision

Thanks for the info! Barger made the play of the game in the 4th when he gained 15 on a 3rd and 16 where he reversed field twice setting up a very critical 4th Down conversion.
Knox played the best half they have played all year, and then the wheels fell off the bus four or five illegal motion penalties, three or four holding penalties, interception, fumbles. Just dumb mental mistakes. These have got to be corrected or it will ugly next week. Gist was a monster, and Prestonburgs quarterback did everything he could to pull it out for them. He had a heck of a game and my hats off to the whole Blackcat team for not quitting and making a helluva game.
Did Barger play in the gridorama?
HDE Wrote:Did Barger play in the gridorama?

Wide Receiver
Have to agree with insideinfo. Best first half all year then all if a sudden bang!!! Everything went way wrong. Have to stop the stupid mistakes.!! If it wasn't for them would have been a blowout..
G-man Gist what else can you say?? This kid is one of the best backs in the state. Just a work horse. In three games he got over 600 yards rushing!!! And this kid will run you over if he gets the chance. Don't think there is a more physical back in this area.
Looks like my friend panthernation2013 was wrong again!!

After Prestonsburg embarrasses Knox.panthernation might shut up for a while

- See more at: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...RptII.dpuf

And there no way I'll ever stop supporting Knox!!
On a side note. Thanks to all the great people of clay co who put on one hell of a bowl game.. It's been a pleasure to go over to Manchester for this bowl.

Again thank you clay co.

Nothing but class!!!
A very classy operation at Clay Co. Hats off to them. Two turnovers in the first half put the Blackcats in a hole but they fought their way out of it. P-burgs O-line were outsized but played great, giving Jarrell plenty of time. Hate the score Loved the game and the effort by both teams. With just two seniors, I see great things in store for the Blackcats now and in the future.
This sounds like one of those games fans love to see. Good luck to both teams.
Great game. Watched on WYMT both teams played hard. I had a hard time keeping up with who was who. I thought teams weren't allowed to wear jerseys that contrasted with white. I thought that the home team had to wear dark and visiting teams had to wear white? Wasn't that a NFHS rule that was implemented a few years ago? Great game and good luck to both teams.
Good win for Knox I was wanting to see the new qb play but barger was the man when they needed the big play in this one. :Cheerlead:Cheerlead. :Cheerlead go panther.
Barger is just athletic beast. This kid can just do so much. One of the smartest kids on the field you will ever see.
One thing for sure prestonsburg is a heck of a team. They never once gave up in this. They battled their way back in this down 14 and looking like they would fall behind by 21. Made huge defensive play on the pick 6 that turn the game around. Hats off the a good team that I can seeing only getting better as the season goes along.
Actually... pretty danged encouraged by this game from the Blackcats !! Down 2 scores at the half to come back to make it dead even, sans an XP, in the second. Gotta take care of the ball. Without the TO's in the 1st half, this one ends much differently.

Good luck to to Knox Co. the rest of the way.

:popcorn:
Pburg looking very good early.
Anyone have stats for this game. From what I watched on WYMT it seemed that KC was in total control. The score could have very well been 35-6 in the third. KC fumbled inside the 10 right before half (no score). Then again inside the 15 getting ready to score in the third and Pburg got a pick six that made it 21-14. Two huge turnovers that could have blown this game out of the water. Hats off to the coaching staff of Pburg. They never let their kids quit and had a chance to tie (or win) at the end of the game. Turnovers and untimely penalties on both teams made this one of the best games of the week.
I know it was an L in the record book, but I was so glad to see this young Blackcat team fight to the very end. I personally have not seen that in a while. These boys just simply never gave up. Keep fighting like that in every game from start to finish boys and your time will come.

I thought the O-line played remarkable. Jarrell could have wrote a book he had so much time in the pocket. Kudos to you young men. The defense is getting better each game. We have a young team and it shows at times, but after this game I think these young men have what it takes to make some noise come playoff time.

Good game guys. You have nothing to hang your heads over. Good luck this week.
UpYours Wrote:Anyone have stats for this game. From what I watched on WYMT it seemed that KC was in total control. The score could have very well been 35-6 in the third. KC fumbled inside the 10 right before half (no score). Then again inside the 15 getting ready to score in the third and Pburg got a pick six that made it 21-14. Two huge turnovers that could have blown this game out of the water. Hats off to the coaching staff of Pburg. They never let their kids quit and had a chance to tie (or win) at the end of the game. Turnovers and untimely penalties on both teams made this one of the best games of the week.
I'll try and have some on here tomorrow.
Some unofficial stats from game :
Knox Central rushing:
Gist 38 - 234
Barger 13 - 73 / 2 td
Hall 3 - 17 / 1 td
Canady 4 - 15
Mills 3 - 8

Passing :
Barger 7 - 13 = 77 1 td / 1 int.

Rec.:
Dollar 3 - 32
Gist 2 - 8
Hall 1 - 31 / 1 td
#85 (no name on roster given out at game or website) 1 - 6

P'burg rushing :
Frasure 12 - 65 / 1 td
J. Jarrell 11 - 44 / 1 td
E. Jarrell 2 - 2
Reed 1 - 10 / 1 td

Passing:
Jarrell 22 - 31 = 262

Rec.:
Reed 7 - 81
Frasure 6 - 44
E. Jarrell 4 - 48
C. Jarrell 3 - 63
Little 1 - 13
Goble 1 - 13
Thanks for the stats UK Fan14.
#85 for Knox central is Jeffery Adams. And also thanks for the stats.
panther nation Wrote:#85 for Knox central is Jeffery Adams. And also thanks for the stats.
Thanks for info, Knox Cent. really needs to update khsaa roster, it's where most media get rosters from.
I will talk with coach and the AD and let them know its not up to date