Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville @ Shelby Valley 9/13
The Tigers enter this game with a 2- 1 record and coming off a heartbreaking loss to a very good Pikeville team in the last minute of the game. Once again if the Tigers can control the ball I like their chances. I really do not know much about Shelby Valley but I'm sure it will be a difficult test for the Tigers. Best to both teams. Who wins ?
Tigers!
Tigers by 4 TD's
Paintsville by as much as they want.
Go tigers!
Shelby Valley by a TD
Paintsville will have a hard time replacing Kash Daniel's playmaking ability but I believe they will prevail by a touchdown.
Valley is a good football team, I wouldn't count them out. I haven't seen Paintsville play, but Valley is very big and strong, have a nice QB, and thier backs run very hard. I think this will be a very close game.
Paintsville-22
Shelby Valley=12
If Paintsville keeps playing like they have been, they
take this game.
Paintsville--37
Valley --14
School Admin. Wrote:Valley is a good football team, I wouldn't count them out. I haven't seen Paintsville play, but Valley is very big and strong, have a nice QB, and thier backs run very hard. I think this will be a very close game.

Have you seen them Play? We struggled with Paintsville and Valley couldnt hold on to a two touchdown lead over ER who dropped out of district play. Paintsville 21 Valley 6 late in the game against the second string.
StanTheFan Wrote:Have you seen them Play? We struggled with Paintsville and Valley couldnt hold on to a two touchdown lead over ER who dropped out of district play. Paintsville 21 Valley 6 late in the game against the second string.

Yes Valley got beat by East Ridge, but they are much better than people think.
Shelby Valley will bounce back this week

Shelby Valley 28
Paintsville 14
painstville by 7. tigers are really bouncing back from last years disapointing season
Paintsville should be able to call the score in this game. (When's the last time you could say that without joking?) I really like what I see from this team, coach, and fans. Those 3 are the holy triumvirate in mountain football. I predict Phelps to go over 200 in this one. Also, wishing Kash a speedy recovery.

Paintsville 42
Shelby Valley 6
StanTheFan Wrote:Have you seen them Play? We struggled with Paintsville and Valley couldnt hold on to a two touchdown lead over ER who dropped out of district play. Paintsville 21 Valley 6 late in the game against the second string.

I just said in my post that I haven't seen them play Stan. I just said Valley had a good team. Just because someone loses a game doesn't mean they can't bounce back. Paintsville is a much improved team, no doubt, but if they overlook Valley, they will get one put on them. I do expect this to be a good, close match-up.
The biggest difference for the Tigers this year is without question is the running game with Kent Phelps. I have to admit I for one thought he would be to small to be in the backfield and take snaps but I'm sure glad he has proved me wrong. Kid is running hard but smart and that's a testament to the running backs coach. We had no go to backs last year and it showed and relied on the QB to do it all. I think he has a big night at Shelby Gap and the Tigers win. Going to fun to watch him for the next three years.

Tigers 31
SV 21
OH Well !! Tigers by 8.
Meant OH YEEELLL!!!!!!
dns Wrote:Meant OH YEEELLL!!!!!!

I missed it dns, over my head as usual
TigerBlues Wrote:I missed it dns, over my head as usual

Excited man!! Tigers roll!!
Valley by 6
Paintsville should win this game but it won't be easy without Daniels in the middle. He is the Tigers best defensive player so it should be interesting
^^ even without Kash, I'm still taking the Tigers. Phelps has been unreal this year reeling off 240 yds vs Pikeville and he will be the difference maker. The silent Tiger win will come from Brad Nordin, his kicking game has been huge so far and only a few have noticed it. I'm taking back my prediction if possible.

Tigers 28
SV 20
TigerBlues Wrote:^^ even without Kash, I'm still taking the Tigers. Phelps has been unreal this year reeling off 240 yds vs Pikeville and he will be the difference maker. The silent Tiger win will come from Brad Nordin, his kicking game has been huge so far and only a few have noticed it. I'm taking back my prediction if possible.

Tigers 28
SV 20

Phelps will be keyed on with Kash out. But SV still is not good enough. I am going with Paintsville by 14. Being without Kash won't hurt until Paintsville plays good teams.
Paintsville by 2tds. Love to see football on the rise in tiger country. Growing up, i watched several classic Raceland/Paintsville games in the earl nineties. Football as a whole in the Raceland/Fairview, well tbh across 1A has been enemic the last several years. Nice to see another small school make some improvements. I believe 06 was the last truly competitive year in single A. U still had NCC, Danville, Hazard, Somerset, Raceland, Beechwood, LCA all with possible shots at winning a title. Would love to see it get back to that way. The only way that happens is for teams like Paintsville to get back to the way they were, Bellevue to get back to playing like they did with the Sutkamps, Raceland continue its progress as well as Fairview. The west side has almost always been stronger. The east has begun making waves as of late though. Love me some single a football!
Good luck Coach Chirico & Tigers.

Paintsville 28
Shelby Valley 13
Paintsville by 7
Shelby Valley by 6 at home with Kash out of Paintsville lineup. Should be a good game