Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 28 Paducah Tilghman 21 Final
Mayfield takes its 8th straight win over Tilghman, a record in the 100 year old series.
Solid win.. Mayfield has been a tremendous first half team but seems like they do just enough in the 2nd half to win.. Great effort PT.
Congrats Mayfield...
Rumor is that when the re alignment happens- both Mayfield and Beechwood will both be moving to 2A. Is there any word on that? Just trying to look for truth among comments thats all.
RamPride Wrote:Rumor is that when the re alignment happens- both Mayfield and Beechwood will both be moving to 2A. Is there any word on that? Just trying to look for truth among comments thats all.
Let's just keep watering it down until everyone wins.
There is that possibility of us moving up to 2a. I don't know for sure how that will work though. First off, they will keep the 32 smallest schools in 1a. The last time they realigned they had us at either the 2nd or 3rd largest 1a team. Then I remember reading on one of the posts from someone on here last year that there were two 1a teams in the same county somewhere that were combining. That would mean they would be out of 1a. Therefore, we would only have 30 teams in 1a, which would mean that 2 2a teams would drop down. So that would have put us at either the 4th or 5th largest in 1a. I know our numbers have increased some, but I don't know if it will be enough to move us that much. It really doesn't matter to me, I believe we will be just as competitive in 2a, esp with what we have coming up. There are a lot of Cards fans that are chomping at the bit for us to get back into 2a. One of the main reasons is very simple, we wouldn't have to travel 3 hours every other year for a district game. We would be in the district with Caldwell Co, Murray and Ballard Memorial. Another good reason is that the young guys can't remember why us old farts just don't like Murray so much. If they become a district game again, they will reinvent that dislike. The last reason is, we owe Newport Cent Catholic one for the egg we laid against them in 2005.
TEAM STATISTICS
Mayfield — First downs: 19.
Rushing attempts-yards: 52-193.
Passing yards: 9-17-117.
Total yards: 300.
Penalties-yards: 4-25.
Fumbles-lost: 2-0.

Tilghman — First downs: 13.
Rushing attempts-yards: 26-120.
Passing yards:18-25-125.
Total yards: 245.
Penalties-yards: 9-60.
Fumbles-lost: 0-0.

INDIVIDUAL LEADERS
Rushing — Mayfield:S. Mills 41-183, T. Kendall 2-27,
J. Guhy7-(-19), J. Hernandez 2-2.
Tilghman: D.Sherrill 12-62, J. Dunigan 14-58.

Passing — Mayfield: Guhy 9-17-117.
Tilghman Dunigan 18-25-125.

Receiving — Mayfield: D. Jackson 4-67,
T. McCampbell 1-3, L. Kennemore 2-38,
D. Reed 2-18.
Tilghman: M Davis 8-45, S.
McEwen 6-63,.T. Caldwell 2-9, D. Spivey-
Nunn 2-8.
myson is correct. With small schools merging they will remain in 1A. They will stay and continue to turn out good teams. Their success is not about the numbers. It is about hard work and good coaching. To be 1A champs you got to take the bus through Mayfield.
You're killing me mayfield I'm getting uses to y'all winning all the time.mysonis55 could you dip me some water out of the Ohio river and send it to Williamsburg we might just drink some when we play you all in bowling green :Clap::Cheerlead:Clap::Cheerlead:Clap::Cheerlead
64, I might send you a weekly supply until late in November. You can rest assured that I will stop then though.
By the way 64, I think y'all are gonna be in my weekly top ten games of 1a again this week. I'm still working on it though.
[quote=mysonis55]By the way 64, I think y'all are gonna be in my weekly top ten games of 1a again this week. I'm still working on it

Wayne going down :pleaseConfusedend us.a barrel of Ohio river water.same stuff you guys are drinking.Confusednicker: Confusednicker: Confusednicker:
I picked Mayfield by 7. Proof a blind hog can occasionally find an acorn.
E's Army Wrote:I picked Mayfield by 7. Proof a blind hog can occasionally find an acorn.

I threw a dart an got tilghman next time I'm closing my eyes in my bgr pick :biglmao:
Nice win but we still have work to do. Stu Mills may not be a Johnny Jackson but he was a bull last night behind a really good line. A bull Mayfield put a saddle on a road all night. Outside QB Guhy, there are no super stars here but a solid hard working team. If we can stay healthy they could go all the way
Little Mills now has close to 400 yards rushing in 3 games. Those three games against a 6a school that will end up in the top ten and two top ten 3a teams. I had someone tell me that there was no way that he would rush for 1,000 yards this season. Looks like someone is gonna be eating crow, real soon.
Cantrall ratings have Mayfield losing this game.

As if they weren't sketchy enough in the early season.
As the weather cools down and we dont get as gassed in the 2nd half you will see an even more agressive Mayfield defense not giving up as many points.
This game was all coach morris and the traditional marris style. Game was a win but just never got passing game going at all. Second half was all run .. run run run .. trying to run the clock.. iunderstand why he does it but wen u have a team that could be so much better esp. With guy at qb . Why not open the score up a bit.. this is two weeks in a row he has tried to go back to the roots of runnin to run the clock down.. very lucky it didnt bit him in the ass. Dont think we were as gassed as u think we were, it was just a case of trying to get the game over... shoulda never been that close..
oh well .. eight in a row thats the most consecutive wins in the 100 year series .. that makes the record. 46-44 & 10 ties in favor of pad... dont know which game was bigger this one or the one three years from now when we take over the series... great game cards.. only one game in my eyes thats scared me all year.. thats in week ten #1 caldwell vs #1 mayfield. Could be are only loss...
We still gotta get past Murray #6 in 2a, Graves #10 in 5a and Russellville #2 in 1a before we get there. Oh don't forget another 6a school in Marshall Co as well.
Ya but lets be honest.. who u really scared of the most georgee.. how about the future nfl standout. Singular has the ability to drum us if we dont get any better at pass defense. Only reason they didnt beat us last year was cause his recivers couldn t hang on to the ball flyin through their hands.. he really scares me and I believe he can make just about anyone bleed at 70+yards . He proved that last year against us.. lets just hope guy can at least match him.. it will be a shoot out wen the time comes.