Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairview 35 Lawrence County 21
final
Just got back..great game and effort by both teams. Fairview has a nice team and may be the biggest and most athletic 1A team Ive ever seen. LC had chance after chance to make this closer or even take the lead but turnovers killed drives and momentum. No reason for the LC faithful to hang their heads, they played well and came back in the 2nd to make Fairview nervous. Congrats Fairview and good job LC, you guys are looking better and better each passing week.
Glad to see this outcome. Regaurdless of the winner. Every team in NEkY benefits from the schools around them improving. Makes for better competition, bigger gate earnings, and less travel expenses by playing games closer to home. In the early 90s Raceland played Boyd, Fairview, Ashland, Lawrence, JC and then the district sched. Woukd love to see it go back to that. NEKY football as a whole has been laughable the last decade.
Great game Dawgs, Fairviews offense was just a little faster, don't know the kids name #1, man was he fast. Dawgs got the great test they wanted and passed with a B+. Shake off the loss and get ready, bigger games ahead including district games where it counts!!!
Hated seeing this score.
Fairview has a friggin huge team this year.
Anyone got any detailed info on the game? Drives, stats, what weaknesses showed, strengths, players to watch etc?
Congrats to Fairview on the win. The defense held strong in the 4th quarter when the Dawgs had them on their heels.
To all the Lawrence County fans out there. Be patient because the Bulldog coaching staff is doing a fine job.
Fairview may be the biggest and most talented team the Dawgs face all year and yes I am including Belfry.
StrayBullet Wrote:Just got back..great game and effort by both teams. Fairview has a nice team and may be the biggest and most athletic 1A team Ive ever seen. LC had chance after chance to make this closer or even take the lead but turnovers killed drives and momentum. No reason for the LC faithful to hang their heads, they played well and came back in the 2nd to make Fairview nervous. Congrats Fairview and good job LC, you guys are looking better and better each passing week.
I agree. What I took away from this game is LC can be in every game this year. The difference in this game was the back to back fumbles at the close of the first half after the LC defense had made a tremendous goal line stand. The defense for LC shows they can take on a college line and hold. The offensive play calling I thought would be a little more creative. No tight end play action, no screens. LC has to learn to use all of their weapons. One thing is whoever the punter is was booming those high spirals for 35 and 40 yards.
Fairview has reloaded.
StrayBullet Wrote:Fairview may be the biggest and most talented team the Dawgs face all year and yes I am including Belfry.

How long have you been doing drugs?? They are really starting to affect you. Belfry is in a different league than Fairview. Johnson Central ran Fairview off the field and the Belfry/JC game could end up being the game of the year.
Cardinals ride Wrote:How long have you been doing drugs?? They are really starting to affect you. Belfry is in a different league than Fairview. Johnson Central ran Fairview off the field and the Belfry/JC game could end up being the game of the year.

Johnson Central is better no doubt , but at least half our 1st string didnt play agsinst JC , & even fewer 1st stringers was on the field at one time when we scrimmaged Sheldon Clark. . That is a fact . We lost one player for the season during practice , & another starter who diddnt dress against East Carter had very limited playing time last night . That player is our starting safety /wr . Easing him back in . Lawerence has a good team for sure . Cyrus is dangerous , & so is Dalton . Lawerence is gonna win some ball games for sure. We still have some kinks to work out . Hopefully by either next wk or the wk after we will have everybody back on the field , & healthy .
But you are not in the same league as Belfry !! I mean, come on , man.
Cardinals ride Wrote:But you are not in the same league as Belfry !! I mean, come on , man.

Oh dont get me wrong not saying we are at all just saying we are better , & more talented than what some thinks we are thats all . It was hard for people to really judge that based on our scrimmages , & East Carter . Last night was the closet that we had our full squad on the field for anybody to judge us thats all i was saying
Has anyone seen Apache Boy? Where is the little man? No comments about the game?
I was at the game last night and I had a blast. If the team that came out in the 2nd half last night can show up for a full game, then I think we can play with any team on our schedule, maybe other then Belfry. I must say that I was a little worried about our defense in the first few games but I think some adjustments and coaching up was done because we did pretty good with all the speed and athlete''s Fairview had. IMO the thing that hurt the dawg's the most last night was the two big quick scores Fairview got in like the firt 2 min of the game, we were playing catch up from that point on. I also think the two fumbles hurt a lot also. Fairview has some very fast and athletic players and a lot of depth for a 1a school and some pretty big lineman. I do think that Fairview relies just a little to much on speed because that big fullback and the kid #7 hurt us way more then the speed did IMO. The kid #1 is fast and a good athlete but I don't think IMO that he is even the best RB on that team. I would love to see #1 at receiver. I believe that Fairview has the same problem that they had last year in the fact that they are very one dimensional. I think they went for a pass like 4 or 5 times and one was an interception and the other 3 or 4 were very ugly. I would love to see the Fairview and Raceland game and I still think that Raceland is the best 1a team in the east but who knows. Congrats to Fairview on a good game and a good win and I hope we play again next year.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I was at the game last night and I had a blast. If the team that came out in the 2nd half last night can show up for a full game, then I think we can play with any team on our schedule, maybe other then Belfry. I must say that I was a little worried about our defense in the first few games but I think some adjustments and coaching up was done because we did pretty good with all the speed and athlete''s Fairview had. IMO the thing that hurt the dawg's the most last night was the two big quick scores Fairview got in like the firt 2 min of the game, we were playing catch up from that point on. I also think the two fumbles hurt a lot also. Fairview has some very fast and athletic players and a lot of depth for a 1a school and some pretty big lineman. I do think that Fairview relies just a little to much on speed because that big fullback and the kid #7 hurt us way more then the speed did IMO. The kid #1 is fast and a good athlete but I don't think IMO that he is even the best RB on that team. I would love to see #1 at receiver. I believe that Fairview has the same problem that they had last year in the fact that they are very one dimensional. I think they went for a pass like 4 or 5 times and one was an interception and the other 3 or 4 were very ugly. I would love to see the Fairview and Raceland game and I still think that Raceland is the best 1a team in the east but who knows. Congrats to Fairview on a good game and a good win and I hope we play again next year.
I agree would think #1 Jr I King would serve us better at a WR position as i think most of our fans would also agree . I also agree he isnt our best RB . IMO our best RB , & fastest player on our team is #3 freshman Kurtlen Brown he had 5 carries for 94 yrds and a TD . Due to him being a freshman they are easing him in , but expect big things from him . Also #15 Jr Caleb McKnight , & #7 soph Tanner Dolen are beasts . Our pass game definitely needs work , but will get better once our qb , & recieving corps get over some nagging injuries/ or sickness the have . I too hope we keep Lawerence on our schedule i think its a great game for bouth of us
Talon Wrote:I agree would think #1 Jr I King would serve us better at a WR position as i think most of our fans would also agree . I also agree he isnt our best RB . IMO our best RB , & fastest player on our team is #3 freshman Kurtlen Brown he had 5 carries for 94 yrds and a TD . Due to him being a freshman they are easing him in , but expect big things from him . Also #15 Jr Caleb McKnight , & #7 soph Tanner Dolen are beasts . Our pass game definitely needs work , but will get better once our qb , & recieving corps get over some nagging injuries/ or sickness the have . I too hope we keep Lawerence on our schedule i think its a great game for bouth of us

Your clueless questioning someone that has taken your program to new heights
Oh my lord, give it a rest. And learn the differences in "your" and "you're". :igiveup:
I was at the game and I believe LC really had the better team overall. LC came out nervous and loose hands over all the hype on Fairview's last years team. The second half showed what LC could be! This Fairview team will get a lot better but not near last years team and I don't see them winning district. They will not make the carpet this year!!
that's right Wrote:I was at the game and I believe LC really had the better team overall. LC came out nervous and loose hands over all the hype on Fairview's last years team. The second half showed what LC could be! This Fairview team will get a lot better but not near last years team and I don't see them winning district. They will not make the carpet this year!!

I saw quite a few Raceland people at the game friday night. I talked to a few of you and they all were classy people. It worked out perfect for you with Lawrence and Fairview playing this game, seeing as how you play both of us this year.
I have always liked playing LC! I coached years ago against Larry Phelps when he was coaching grade school and Jr. high when nobody else would play them because they were Big and tough. Fairview tried to tell all the teams around here how they were cheaters and all and we gave Fairview the choice to play with us or go somewhere else and they stayed in the league until they got tired of losing and left with their tail tuck! LC has always had Raceland's respect because they love football as much as us and leave it on the field.
that's right Wrote:I have always liked playing LC! I coached years ago against Larry Phelps when he was coaching grade school and Jr. high when nobody else would play them because they were Big and tough. Fairview tried to tell all the teams around here how they were cheaters and all and we gave Fairview the choice to play with us or go somewhere else and they stayed in the league until they got tired of losing and left with their tail tuck! LC has always had Raceland's respect because they love football as much as us and leave it on the field.

How many yrs ago was this , & what league ?
I thought Huntington East looked very sharp! To bad they have all the talent in the world and run a youth league offense.
TheUnderground Wrote:I thought Huntington East looked very sharp! To bad they have all the talent in the world and run a youth league offense.
Wouldn't it be "Huntington West"?
I guess it could be both, King is east side, Brown is West side. lol