Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 21 Whitley County 14
Final.

Sloppy game.
Whitley lead most of the way.

Whitley also loses there starting FB Hooper in this one to an ankle injury.
Without Mills and Hooper, Whitley really had no offensive options.
At one point, Whitley QB Ysidro was at FB.

Both teams have A LOT to work on.

Congrats Bell on the win.
Big win for the Bobcats. I really hate to hear about the injury. I wish the kid a full recovery.
after all the **** talk this week, I gotta say, this feels good :Thumbs:

I respect the Whitley program, I do, but I'm kind of tired over the injury talk. It happens, we've got a big time difference maker out on defense. The game could have probably been much worse if we kept the pass going, we scored 14 on 8 plays then started running and took the lead, we took an intentional delay of game trying to draw the Whitley d offsides on a 4th & short. Our defense has absolutely got to start making tackles, but the offense has improved and continues too. Bell isnt as bad as advertised by some people :Thumbs:
Dumb. Play calling is bad. It's terrible. The boys played very well tonight. I just don't understand play calling at all. Boys played the best they have this year. sorry to see 32 go down like that. He was a very talented up and coming frosh. Hope it isn't as bad as it looked. Just very confused on the fourth down call.
I don't really think Bell knew what to expect from Whitley County. They were told they were gonna lose or they were going to get destroyed. With this young of a team I don't know what Bell thinks about the win. I don't think they should celebrate like it was a great win, because it was sloppy. I'm excited for next week because I feel like it's going to be a dog fight.
A win is a win who would be telling these kids they was going to lose :Sad04::Sad04::Sad04: maybe the faithful fan :Sad04::Sad04::Sad04: now play ball both teams love from 64sur
It sounds like both teams took a step forward.
Prayers for the two Whitley County players that got hurt last night. The Bobcats have a lot of growing up to do, we are young but can only get better from here on out. GOOD LUCK CATS NEXT WEEK.
If what i heard today is true, neither player will return this season.
I believe Hooper suffered a Broken Ankle and the Frosh completely messed up his elbow.
Maybe someone can confirm.

This completely changes Whitley outlook.
I thought Black would start Woods at QB and have Ysidro in the backfield to start the year, but it looks like hes going to be forced to now.

I dont know that ive ever seen this many injuries.
Honestly closer than I expected. Hate to hear about injuries. Wish a quick recovery to both players.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If what i heard today is true, neither player will return this season.
I believe Hooper suffered a Broken Ankle and the Frosh completely messed up his elbow.
Maybe someone can confirm.

This completely changes Whitley outlook.
I thought Black would start Woods at QB and have Ysidro in the backfield to start the year, but it looks like hes going to be forced to now.

I dont know that ive ever seen this many injuries.

Hooper is out with a broken ankle. That is a huge blow. The frosh had to be put to sleep to pop his elbow back in. It was very badly dislocated. That is all I know. Hooper is huge blow. Players will begin to move positions.
^
Any timetable for Mills?

If Hooper did indeed break his ankle, hes done for the year.

You may very well see Woods start at QB the rest of the year with Ysidro at Full Back and Mills at Halfback.

Injuries are only adding to an already uphill battle.
Colonelstrong20 Wrote:Hooper is out with a broken ankle. That is a huge blow. The frosh had to be put to sleep to pop his elbow back in. It was very badly dislocated. That is all I know. Hooper is huge blow. Players will begin to move positions.

I sure hate to hear this. Speedy recovery for both of these players and good luck to WC the rest of the season.
Congrats to the Bobcats. Whitley you all played a very hard fought game just like you all ways do against us. I sure hate to hear of anyone getting hurt I wish those guys the best and you all good luck the rest of the season and keep playing hard.
Hard fought game. Great win . I hate that those kids got hurt. Sure hope they are better soon.
I wasn't there, but I heard Bell kinda shot themselves in the foot some. They had a fumble on the goal line. Someone said they dropped a pass near the goal line right before half time. Heard Bell's offense looked fairly good.
Bell is good offensively and could have scored a few more. But Defensively they are not like the old Bell teams.