Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
overall best backfield in the mountains(qb,rb's,fb)
what does everyone think ??
Pikeville would of been my choice with Mayo and Harmon...but now Mayo is out that will hurt them
gish_7 Wrote:Pikeville would of been my choice with Mayo and Harmon...but now Mayo is out that will hurt them

i would have to agree if mayo wasnt hurt but im goin to say Sheldon Clark they have a soild arm Qb and Dials is a very good back
I agree with gish_7 Pikeville does have the best backfield in the mountains with the Honakers, Mayo, and Harmon !
Somersets Ross Deaton, Kenny Hughes, and A.T. Hunter is pretty darn good
I agree gish_7 P-Ville does have a pretty good backfield. Harmon done good friday night i was there..and he didn't have much blockin either..
SC: I've never seen backs run as hard as those boys did, though Belfry's got a lot of talent too. SC's backs just refuse to go down, but they all run the same, like fullbacks. Belfry has a lot of variation in their backs. Maydo is the big bruiser, Corey the sleeping speedster, and whoever else is in there is just dying to prove himself, so all of the other backs run their guts out (Phil, G, Heath, and the sophomores).
Maybe im alittle bias but i think alot of others would back me up that Johnson Central has a pretty solid and deep backfield. JC has a good QB in JK Ratliff, two solid fullback in Blake Johnson and Chase Richardson(who was out the last game vs North Laurel), and 3 great young running backs in Shawn Grimm, Ian Welch, and Nathan Dillon.
Sarrr Wrote:SC: I've never seen backs run as hard as those boys did, though Belfry's got a lot of talent too. SC's backs just refuse to go down, but they all run the same, like fullbacks. Belfry has a lot of variation in their backs. Maydo is the big bruiser, Corey the sleeping speedster, and whoever else is in there is just dying to prove himself, so all of the other backs run their guts out (Phil, G, Heath, and the sophomores).
...i agree somewhat.....dials is not a bruiser he doesn't really run like a fullback he is well just kind of a wierd back...he doesn't have great speed but he can beat you to the corner and he will frequentlly but i understand what you mean though he is just one of those backs that is hard to take down it is not cause he runs over people(wich he has enough size and strength to hold his own)..people just can't tackle him for some reason...idk i have never in all of my days seen a back like that it is like defenders just slide off of him it is wierd..
SomersetJumpers_7 Wrote:Somersets Ross Deaton, Kenny Hughes, and A.T. Hunter is pretty darn good
:dontthink
If Somerset was in the mountains
UVA_Wise_Football Wrote:I agree gish_7 P-Ville does have a pretty good backfield. Harmon done good friday night i was there..and he didn't have much blockin either..
Are you kidding?? There were some huge holes at times.
Somerset
by end of season Belfry will have it
*Belfry has a very impressive backfield. May is a load and Chapman made a touchdown run aginst SC in the regional finals look easy.
*Sheldon Clark does have a great group of backs in their own right also. Hensley is the glue that holds the team together IMO. He is as tough of a competator as there is. He is not the most gifted athlete but makes plays out of want to. Dials is a hard running back that also plays with a great deal of heart and desire. Kelly is a load and moves alot like Dials. This will be his first season packing the pill alot, but he seems more than up to the task. Slone is a physical FB that will do the little things to help his team win.
*Johnson Central does have some quality backs also. I have heard numerous people say Blake Johnson is as good of a FB as there is in the state. I know Grim is solid. JC always has some hard nosed kids that would just assume run over you as look at you so they would have to be mentioned also.

I think these three teams (In no paticular order) have the best backfield in the mountains, but you could also add some other teams into the mix. If Russell is considered mountains then they definatley deserve a spot up here. Hilton always has good backs at Bell as does Larkey at Rock so putting them on here wouldn't be a huge stretch. There are numerous teams that could have their name mentioned in this discussion, but the 3 I mentioned earlier are the ones I picked.
UVA_Wise_Football Wrote:I agree gish_7 P-Ville does have a pretty good backfield. Harmon done good friday night i was there..and he didn't have much blockin either..
I saw some pretty good size holes frome where I was stainding. When you go up the middle and consistently gain 3-4 yards every time that is controlling the line of scrimmage.
Middlesboro is pretty good thisd year.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

I was the greatest Wrote:...i agree somewhat.....dials is not a bruiser he doesn't really run like a fullback he is well just kind of a wierd back...he doesn't have great speed but he can beat you to the corner and he will frequentlly but i understand what you mean though he is just one of those backs that is hard to take down it is not cause he runs over people(wich he has enough size and strength to hold his own)..people just can't tackle him for some reason...idk i have never in all of my days seen a back like that it is like defenders just slide off of him it is wierd..
I agree but you cant leave out the other two backs Ryan Kelly halfback, and Bj Slone fullback but are great blockers, and run the ball well. I saw Ryan Kelly knock a helmet off a kid while pass blocking and saw Bj Slone run up and flatback a few kids while lead blocking. Damen Hensley at quaterback can throw and now he's great on the feet. Dials is still a beast and i havent seen anyone take him off his feet after he breaks a couple of takles.
cards6363 Wrote:I agree but you cant leave out the other two backs Ryan Kelly halfback, and Bj Slone fullback but are great blockers, and run the ball well. I saw Ryan Kelly knock a helmet off a kid while pass blocking and saw Bj Slone run up and flatback a few kids while lead blocking. Damen Hensley at quaterback can throw and now he's great on the feet. Dials is still a beast and i havent seen anyone take him off his feet after he breaks a couple of takles.
wasn't leaving them out just elaborating on dials running style
Shelby Valley is gettin there
i like pikevilles backfield myself
the 3 backs for sc (dials,kelly & slone) will surprise you....(and a weird back?? i guess ya made that one up huh...lmao) never the less dials gets the job done! but kelly and slone are not sleepers....watch what i say...just keep watching and see how much they bring to this team aswell...these are a tough bunch of boys and it will be hard to bring them down!!!!
I was the greatest Wrote:...i agree somewhat.....dials is not a bruiser he doesn't really run like a fullback he is well just kind of a wierd back...he doesn't have great speed but he can beat you to the corner and he will frequentlly but i understand what you mean though he is just one of those backs that is hard to take down it is not cause he runs over people(wich he has enough size and strength to hold his own)..people just can't tackle him for some reason...idk i have never in all of my days seen a back like that it is like defenders just slide off of him it is wierd..

the 3 backs for sc (dials,kelly & slone) will surprise you....(and a weird back?? i guess ya made that one up huh...lmao) never the less dials gets the job done! but kelly and slone are not sleepers....watch what i say...just keep watching and see how much they bring to this team aswell...these are a tough bunch of boys and it will be hard to bring them down!!!!
no its true...dials is weird...he gets the job done but i honestly dont know why. its like when defenders try to tackle him their arms just fly off and he runs right by them. hes a great back, but ihavent seen anyone quite like him.
blackcat_student Wrote:I agree with gish_7 Pikeville does have the best backfield in the mountains with the Honakers, Mayo, and Harmon !

Well now that mayo is out I'll go with SC or Belfry !
lil' red birdy Wrote:the 3 backs for sc (dials,kelly & slone) will surprise you....(and a weird back?? i guess ya made that one up huh...lmao) never the less dials gets the job done! but kelly and slone are not sleepers....watch what i say...just keep watching and see how much they bring to this team aswell...these are a tough bunch of boys and it will be hard to bring them down!!!!
questioning my football knoweldge and prowess would definitely not be smart on your part....i have seen the best played with and against the best so yes when i say something it is pretty much...right...now mo spradlin...ben delong....nathan harless...brian porter........they ran over people...hard and laughed while scoring......dials just can't get tackled...there is a difference.there lil buddy
adam dials,ryan kelly,b.j. slone, and damen hensley is the best backs in the mountains,,posbley even in the state