Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maxwell Smith, Jalen Whitlow are Kentucky's QB Finalist
Just like we all assumed, it’s Jalen Whitlow versus Max Smith for the starting quarterback spot at Kentucky. Mark Stoops confirmed the two-man race after today’s scrimmage in Commonwealth Stadium and said both guys will play against Western Kentucky in Nashville.

Patrick Towles, the third option, is open to the idea of redshirting, according to Stoops. He commended the sophomore from Highlands for the way he fought for the job.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=138826
You've got to be kidding! Tell me this isn't real!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
If I'm Towles, I think about transferring. Barker coming in next year. Yikes!
Not a good sign.
This is the biggest reason i hated Joker.

Max Smith Sucks and Whitlow is not a QB.
I don't get this either. Everyone was going around saying that Reese was the best QB this spring/summer and he's not even in consideration even tho he's a freshmen? Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought that the player that showed you the most potential would be the one you go with?
You guys do realize the season went to total shit after Smith got hurt last year. He is a good QB and will excel in the air raid.

Look at it like this. He's a more talented version of Dusty Bonner.

Whitlow brings legs to the position. A whole new dimension.

They played better than the others. Deal with it.
^Agreed! Smith will be fine and surprise a lot of people this season.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Not a good sign.
This is the biggest reason i hated Joker.

Max Smith Sucks and Whitlow is not a QB.

if thats the case^^^ that must mean Towels is worse than them both,lol,this aint high school school anymore,big boy football
^
If Towles is worse than Smith, were in a world of trouble.
Smith is horrible. Its that simple. Someone said the season went to shit when he went down last year, but hell he lost to WESTERN before any of that even happened.
Smith would be a decent QB in the OVC and Whitlow needs to be a Randall Cobb type player, and not during his time at QB!

Go with the other guys, there young, and were going to suck this year anyways. We still have Jokes players, why not get these guys some experience?

Oh thats right, weve done sent out national commercials on UK's awesome air raid that we havent even seen yet.
I'd say Towels will redshirt.
I don't care who plays QB. Please just save their best game for Louisville. I don't think I can stand another loss to the dirty birds and their fans.
Strikeout King Wrote:I don't get this either. Everyone was going around saying that Reese was the best QB this spring/summer and he's not even in consideration even tho he's a freshmen? Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought that the player that showed you the most potential would be the one you go with?

Its college, not the NFL. You don't start someone based on potential. When you only have a kid for a couple of seasons you don't have the luxury to go on potential. You start whoever gives you the best opportunity to win now. If next season that potential has translated into production on the practice field and Reece or towles is the best chance to win then they should start, but as of right now that's not the case.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Smith is horrible. Its that simple. Someone said the season went to shit when he went down last year, but hell he lost to WESTERN before any of that even happened.
Smith would be a decent QB in the OVC and Whitlow needs to be a Randall Cobb type player, and not during his time at QB!

Go with the other guys, there young, and were going to suck this year anyways. We still have Jokes players, why not get these guys some experience?

Oh thats right, weve done sent out national commercials on UK's awesome air raid that we havent even seen yet.

Bitch and moan, bitch and moan.

A lot of Cleveland fans said some of the same stuff about Tim Couch.

Should Barker sit the bench until his senior year behind Towles and Phillips? Or do you play the best option to win games NOW and help the recruiting purposes. Barker is the future of this program, but I still think he will red shirt and then sit his second season. Towles may very well be the best QB we have by then. But he will have to prove it. There is no reason to throw 1-3 seasons away just waiting on a player to live up to potential.
Petrino!

Should have been hired....
LOL get out of here with that Petrino, UK is lucky to have Stoops.He was by far the best available and somehow landed him.
^
Get out of here with that not showing up for the last 6 months.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Petrino!

Should have been hired....

Confusednicker:

Your boy was in USA TODAY this week. Guts' Petrino lovefest continues!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Get out of here with that not showing up for the last 6 months.

LOL @ Petrino lovers.
RIUTG wants to ride on the back of his motorcycle.
Just for you Gut...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nca...o/2682353/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
If I'm Towles I transfer now. That way I burn my year now and have 3 left to play instead of redshirt this year, transfer and sit out and only have 2 left to play!
Petrino will have Western ranked higher that UK by the end of the season.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Petrino will have Western ranked higher that UK by the end of the season.

Your probably right. He inherited a bowl team that doesn't have to play Florida,Georgia,Alabama,and Louisville. I guarantee one of those 4 will be in the title game.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Petrino will have Western ranked higher that UK by the end of the season.

sorry gut ,not this yr ,to many of willies guys there,if he stays after this yr maybe down the road..
^
Two years at Western without trouble and Petrino will be back at a major division one school and i hope were not wishing we would have listened to that runitupthegut guy.