Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Donnie
If one is lucky, every hundred years or so, someone will enter their life to offer total support, unconditional love and advice above wisdom. Donnie was one of those unassuming people. He was the equipment manager for Harlan County High School, and was a great supporter of the kids and the Black Bear Nation.

Those of you who attended the grid last Thursday witnessed Donnie leading the Black Bears out of their helmet for the first time this season. He had to be pushed out in his wheelchair because cancer had ravaged his body. But he wanted to be there, and stayed until the last second in support of his Black Bears.

This man has taught, through example, the most important life lessons to so many kids who have crossed paths with him, and I for one am thankful for him and his guidance.

So Donnie, Rest In Paradise. I'm confident that you have the best seat in the house to watch your Black Bears in our 2013 season.

Thank you!
Granny Bear Wrote:If one is lucky, every hundred years or so, someone will enter their life to offer total support, unconditional love and advice above wisdom. Donnie was one of those unassuming people. He was the equipment manager for Harlan County High School, and was a great supporter of the kids and the Black Bear Nation.

Those of you who attended the grid last Thursday witnessed Donnie leading the Black Bears out of their helmet for the first time this season. He had to be pushed out in his wheelchair because cancer had ravaged his body. But he wanted to be there, and stayed until the last second in support of his Black Bears.

This man has taught, through example, the most important life lessons to so many kids who have crossed paths with him, and I for one am thankful for him and his guidance.

So Donnie, Rest In Paradise. I'm confident that you have the best seat in the house to watch your Black Bears in our 2013 season.

Thank you!

God bless you guys, and RIP Donnie.
Sorry for your loss!!
Granny Bear Wrote:If one is lucky, every hundred years or so, someone will enter their life to offer total support, unconditional love and advice above wisdom. Donnie was one of those unassuming people. He was the equipment manager for Harlan County High School, and was a great supporter of the kids and the Black Bear Nation.

Thank you!
So sorry for your loss Black Bears.....A young man is truly blessed to have such an inspiration like Him in their lives...I hope this team keeps him in their hearts and win it all for him....
May God be with family, friends, and community in their time of need.
God bless his family and friends. We all know Donnie is in a better place and no longer is dealing with the pain.
Prayers from the Bell County Bobcats.
one in a million! The team has lost a great one. So have everybody else.
Sorry for your loss, GOD be with each of you this season. Sounds like he has the best seat in the house!!
That's what I thought, too bluerainbow!!
RIP Donnie. If I may say one thing....this inspiration this man had on this was was evident Thursday night. In my lifetime I have witness one other tribute of that caliber. Black Bear Nation, the send off these young men gave this man will be remembered through time. I'm very proud of these men....remember the most important lesson Donnie taught you....keep smiling while you're fighting.
RIP Donnie. From the Pirate Nation.
Prayers also and that the team be inspired to win in his honor
So sorry to here this ! Prayers for his family and friends.
Sorry for such a loss, but he is in a much better place now. No more pain just the joy of setting in the arms of god and watching is beloved black bears playing on Friday night.

RIP Donnie and god bless.

Prayers and thoughts from all of Panther Nation.
The players used the words Donnie Strong I think we need that on a t-shirt!!!
RIP DONNIE!!![attachment=o2831]
Prayers from Williamsburg nation
Patriot Wrote:The players used the words Donnie Strong I think we need that on a t-shirt!!!
RIP DONNIE!!![attachment=o2831]

What a great idea!!
Very sorry for your loss. Granny has told me how special he has was to the team and community. Guys like him are few and far between.
Black Bear Nation was blessed to witness such a great example to so many. Thank you Granny for sharing Donnies story with us and honoring his legacy.

God bless the black bear family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you from Northern Kentucky! We can all benefit from the concept of living Donnie Strong!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
It's the Donnie's of the world that keep us all grounded. The Black Bears were lucky to have such a fine example of humanity.
Unfortunately, I never had the pleasure of meeting Donnie at the few Harlan County games that I have been to but, he definitely seems like he was put on this earth to set an example for others! Now the Black Bears will have a guardian angel watching over them!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Praying!! What a warrior!!
Prayers for all of you from Hazard!
No matter the school you go to or the one you cheer for on Friday nights this is what makes these mountains the best place to live in. In a time sorrow this is where the trash talking stops and we all pull together as one big team to give support where it is needed. May God be with you all as you go through the following days. God bless from the Pirate Nation!!!!
skully03 Wrote:No matter the school you go to or the one you cheer for on Friday nights this is what makes these mountains the best place to live in. In a time sorrow this is where the trash talking stops and we all pull together as one big team to give support where it is needed. May God be with you all as you go through the following days. God bless from the Pirate Nation!!!!

I have no comment skully03. That post just deserved repeating!

The very fact that so many folks from so many different areas responded only proves your point.
Sorry for your loss Black Bears. Prayers from this Briar Jumper.
Cancer is a terrible thing, but it WILL be conquered one day, just as death will be conquered. Praying for this family's loss.
Sorry For Your Loss Black Bears Prayers from LOG MOUNTAIN!!
Prayers from the Simon Kenton family. God bless Donnie and his family.