Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset 14 Montgomery 0 scrimmage
Some bright spots last night but we have alot of work to do this week!
Montgomery County isn't a bad team. They are certainly not what you consider a strong team by any means... but for a 2A school taking on a middle of the pack 5A team the outcome seems to be pretty par for the course. Wouldn't worry about it too much as a Jumper fan, Somerset will be ready.
Jumpers were rolling personnel in and out every other play, they are going to be a very good team, they just need all the pieces to get healthy. They had a really good offensive night, the score is a little misleading as they only went down and distance for a quarter of the ball game, the rest was 6 offensive and 6 defensive. Shs would have ended up with 28-35 in a game situation, Montgomery would've had one scoring drive. Jumpers have some work to do, but have great pieces in place to do so
Bunnies!
JumperPride1 Wrote:They had a really good offensive night, the score is a little misleading

I saw the scrimmage last night, too, and I strongly disagree. The freshman running back (Doan) is very impressive. The rest of the offense? Not so much.

We're both rooting for the same team, though, so I'll leave it at that.
Old Jumper Wrote:I saw the scrimmage last night, too, and I strongly disagree. The freshman running back (Doan) is very impressive. The rest of the offense? Not so much.

We're both rooting for the same team, though, so I'll leave it at that.

429 yds total offense, 215 on the ground and 214 in the air. Are there problems? Yes, and there will be with any group in a scrimmage... All that said it looked a lot better when watching it for a second (and third and fourth and fifth) time. There are some questions to be answered, but the pieces are there. (Note, these numbers do not include JV play, and yes it absolutely did look bad in person, but the six and six format took every big play back to the 30 yd. line. Somerset had 9 plays of 20 yards or more, that is very explosive for a high school offense)
And thinking more about those numbers Old Jumper, Somerset was without their leading rusher Will Lange, and also two of their starting o and d lineman in John Coomer and Alex Mcguffy... All three of these kids make a big difference at their respective positions. The Jumpers will be just fine going forward.
Somerset needs to work the kinks out if they are going to be ready for the Maroons. Will be a battle of two very talented Sophomore QB's.

From what I hear the Freshman Doan can be a difference maker.
I read that Hall at Pulaski looks like Peyton Manning out there running the offense.
Peyton Manning what HS does he play for?
Cellking Wrote:Peyton Manning what HS does he play for?

Pulaski County.