At: East Ridge High School/Lick Creek, KY

Game #1-6:00 P.M.

Allen Central vs. Riverview, W.VA.

Game #2-8:00 P.M.

Knott County Central vs. East Ridge
Opinions on both games?
East Ridge shutout KCC 34-0, while I believe AC beat Riverview 12-8
Bright spots on each team?
East Ridge looked 3x improved compared to the past 2 seasons, and should be contenders in a lot of their games this season. A few mistakes with turnovers, but nothing that can't be fixed.

Knott Co. Central look defensively looked alright during the first part holding ER to only a TD, but quickly diminished giving up 28 more points. They have a few bright spots, and can only get better.

Allen Central looked fundamentally sound, they ran and blocked until the whistle. Their QB is a dandy of a play and can get you scrambling while still posing the threat of the pass. Pretty okay off of play action.

Riverview I didn't pay much attention too, besides their size and speed. I'm not sure what or who they play with up in WVa, but I'm sure they'll do alright.
Badman, I watched Allen Central for the first 20 plays and I was very impressed with them. The QB is their best player, he is very slick and elusive, and can throw the ball very well. The AC backs run hard, the offensive line fires off the ball and they block until the whistle blows. Defensively, AC is very sound, the kids play their techniques very well, they fly to the ball, and they are good hitters and tackle well. Without question, they are much improved from last year. We are expecting a very tough game Friday night!