Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your teams worst Season(s)
Sitting here at work (Bored)... I was looking at the KHSAA scoreboard from years past.

Unless your team is Highlands or Trinity, you're not gonna have 11-12 wins with deep playoff runs every season.

I think everybody on BGR knows I'm a die-hard Johnson Central fan.... so I'll start.

But thank God for those magicial seasons that we will never forget. It seems like 1 epic season can erase all those other years of disappointments.
I know that Raceland had a 1-9 season around 2000. I cannot recall any worse seasons in my lifetime.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Johson Central
2001: 2-8. 135 points scored; 310 points allowed. New head coach, only stated for 1 season.
2002: 2-8. 174 points scored; 315 points allowed. New head coach.
2003: 1-9. 153 points scored; 312 points allowed.

The KHSAA scoreboard only goes back to 1998. But these are "The Dark Ages"

I was a student in the 2001 and 2002 seasons..... and trust me, there was more players at the game than fans. It was sad......
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Johson Central
2001: 2-8. 135 points scored; 310 points allowed. New head coach, only stated for 1 season.

Wasn't that Bill Tom Ross' only season? I know he went to Johnson Central around that time after leaving Raceland. Had a stroke during the season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:Wasn't that Bill Tom Ross' only season? I know he went to Johnson Central around that time after leaving Raceland. Had a stroke during the season.

Bruce Humphrey was the coach in 2001.

Bill Tom was at JC for the 2002 and 2003 seasons.
^
Johnson Central?? Hey, I think we play you guys this year!!

Yes, we do!!! Just looked up the schedule!!
As a ROCKCASTLE county fan, last year may have been the worst season ever. A 2-9 record and losing to PCC for the first time ever (on our home field even). I know there were only 8 or 9 seniors last year, but they had all been playing since they could run and jump. I think they just "dropped the ball" and then the injuries just piled up. Most games we weren't even competitive and I can't think of a more disappointing season. If they lose to Madison Southern the first game this year (they have never beaten ROCK) then things can only go up from there. As a die hard fan, its hard to watch kids you know play like they don't have a clue, or don't give a crap one. I remember the glory days, and I hope they return soon. GO ROCK!!!
Estill County 0-10 in 98, 05, 12

I was a student in the 2001 and 2002 seasons..... and trust me, there was more players at the game than fans. It was sad......

Our players and students had the worst morale possible in the '01 and '02 seasons. We lost both seasons to Paintsville in the Apple Bowl. The community support wasn't there. And on top of all of that, Paintsville went to the 1A state semi-finals in '01. Seeing the town all painted in blue and white.... and we were 2-8, it was miserable.

I heard some people say that if JC didn't turn their program around the football field could be a parking lot by the 2006 season.

In 2006, JC went 13-1. First time ever we'd won the regional title and our first ever semi-state playoff apperance.
NewCath 2-9, 1998. They lost to Highlands 62-0. So much potential on that team, the last full season that Coach Schneider ran the whole show. Handed over the defensive reigns the next season and the offensive reigns mid way through '00.
By far the worst season for the Breathitt Co. Bobcats was 1991 they went 1-9. But I will say they were the best 1-9 team I have ever seen ( I know that don't mean a lot, but they were in a lot of ball games). In 2008 was the most disappointed season in my opinion. Because Breathitt return some big horses from the state runner up the year before. They had a # 1 ranking preseason but finished the regular season at a mediocre 5-5 but they finished strong losing to Somerset in the regional finals.

In 1992 Bill Music's first year we went 0-10. We played in a tough 4A class.
In terms of in my lifetime...

Belfry went 4-7 in 1993.
Worst year for Collins was 11-2 in 2010. :biggrin:
Mayfield went 7-6 in 2008, it was very, very embarrassing
For Whitley it would have to be the 02-07 seasons.
The end of an era for Campbell and beginning of Blacks reign as head coach.

Before that Whitley hadnt had a losing season in 20 years.
Since then, the win loss column has been pretty decent as well.
Link to many of the states win loss records. Mayfield has had a total 5 season below .500 I am aware of with 4 being between 1956 and 59 referred to as the Dark Ages.

http://www.kyhssports.freewebspace.com/custom3.html
Middlesboro's worst record since 1998 was in 2009 when they went 4-8.

Now they had like 3 seasons with only 4 wins, but only one with 8 losses instead of 7.

So technically, 2009 was their worst.
[Image:

]
Letcher Central last two was the worst, but the year we went to regional finals and lost against Pulaski Co, we brought back just about everyone including Preseason Player of the year in our district Logan Johnson. Something happen to that team. We really had a bad year that year. That one was most disappointing, the last two year have been disastrous. This year we will be better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Caldwell County's Dark Ages would be the 80s, although we beat went 3-7 in '85, but 2 of the 3 wins were against State Champions, Class A(Crittenden County) and Class 2A(Mayfield)