Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Tates Creek Scrimmage 8/15 6:30
Discussion, predictions, regarding the Tates Creek / Boyle County Scrimmage coming up this week. Football season is here and ready for action. This is a good scrimmage to get it started.
Will be a very tough test for a young Rebel team.
We love getting to play a proud program like Boyle County. Looking forward to some good football.
64black&gold Wrote:Will be a very tough test for a young Rebel team.

I agree. It will be a good test before the season opener against Lincoln County. Main thing is, everyone stays healthy while working a few kinks out.
UNDECIDED Wrote:We love getting to play a proud program like Boyle County. Looking forward to some good football.

Could have played them the last two seasons after Lafayette dropped them.
64black&gold Wrote:Could have played them the last two seasons after Lafayette dropped them.

Better late than never. Plus we have had a series with Louisville Butler as our scrimmage game for 3 years.
I meant regular season.
64black&gold Wrote:I meant regular season.

This year would have been the 1st year possible of the last 3. We play 3 distrixt games and 4 rival City games that includeD Scott County on the schedule and were locked into the IHigh Bowl games for the last 3 years. That's 8 of the 10. Last year was the last of the home and home with Corbin and The agreement to participate in The E. and W. Jessamine bowl series that opened the season up for the last 4 years. That's our 10 games. Tates Creek doesn't have a problem playing anyone.....

This year the schedule flipped over. No more Scott County, Bowl games with IHigh or Jessaamine, and the Corbin Series ended. So we added Dixie Heights, Louisville Moore, Perry County Central and Rowan this year.
I'm hearing Tate's Creek will more than likely be without one of its stars for the scrimmage.
Hey Creek, will you all ever schedule Saint X, Trinity, Highlands, Cov Cath, or the local ones like Lex Cath or LCA? If not, then why?
LCA is a program that shouldn't be on that list and shouldn't be able to compete with Tates Creek.
FBfan4life Wrote:Hey Creek, will you all ever schedule Saint X, Trinity, Highlands, Cov Cath, or the local ones like Lex Cath or LCA? If not, then why?

It takes two teams to sign on the dotted line. If TC tried to schedule St X, Trinity, and Highlands would they agree to play? What would they gain by playing them?
Which star is it that will not be playing in the Boyle/Creek scrimage?
Rebel55 Wrote:It takes two teams to sign on the dotted line. If TC tried to schedule St X, Trinity, and Highlands would they agree to play? What would they gain by playing them?

Duh really Rebel? It takes 2 to sign? Im asking this cause according to whoever started this thread, TCHS is up and coming program and why not schedule with those local powerhouse in Lexington or Louisville? They are 6A, but I guess then can meet St. X and Trinity in the playoffs... but why not Lex Cath, Lex Christian and/ or Highlands? I Believe Lex Cath has Lafayette again on their schedule and agreed with Bryan Station. It's local, some of the kids played against each other during youth and middle school football, coaches bounce around from one coaching staff to another. So why not? Come on Creek AD.. Make it happen. Confusednicker:
FBfan4life Wrote:Duh really Rebel? It takes 2 to sign? Im asking this cause according to whoever started this thread, TCHS is up and coming program and why not schedule with those local powerhouse in Lexington or Louisville? They are 6A, but I guess then can meet St. X and Trinity in the playoffs... but why not Lex Cath, Lex Christian and/ or Highlands? I Believe Lex Cath has Lafayette again on their schedule and agreed with Bryan Station. It's local, some of the kids played against each other during youth and middle school football, coaches bounce around from one coaching staff to another. So why not? Come on Creek AD.. Make it happen. Confusednicker:

Would Trinity, St. X or Highlands sign a contract to play Tates Creek? No!!! they wouldn't. Not until they have proven to be a powerhouse would those teams give the Creek the time of day. For as of the Lexington teams I can't answer as to why. You was the one that mentioned Trinity, St. X and Highlands and I answered as to why I believe they haven't. No reason to be a smart :moon:
FBfan4life Wrote:Duh really Rebel? It takes 2 to sign? Im asking this cause according to whoever started this thread, TCHS is up and coming program and why not schedule with those local powerhouse in Lexington or Louisville? They are 6A, but I guess then can meet St. X and Trinity in the playoffs... but why not Lex Cath, Lex Christian and/ or Highlands? I Believe Lex Cath has Lafayette again on their schedule and agreed with Bryan Station. It's local, some of the kids played against each other during youth and middle school football, coaches bounce around from one coaching staff to another. So why not? Come on Creek AD.. Make it happen. Confusednicker:

So by playing Scott County for the last 8 years last 2 years state runners up and semi final losers and ranked top 5 every year, playing all the Lexington schools every year (Bryan station, Henry clay, Dunbar, Lafayette) and playing our 3 district games, that's 8 of the 10 games. who is it again that they aren't playing at Creek. Oh we played Louisville Butler for the last 3 years in scrimmage action. Another top 10 team. We have played teams like Harlan, Ryle, Boone county. Play Dixie heights this year. Who is it again that we are supposed to play. Oh, we play Loyisville Moore. Played manual, male, again. Who is it. And what is your point?

Tate's creek has state titles. Has 1 in the 2000's I believe. It's not that easy when playing in Fayette county under their guidelines to do so. Creek has no issue playing anyone, and I'm sure you'll find out tomorrow why they have no issues playing anyone when Boyle Comes down.

I wish no injuries on any of the kids and we get to see good football
Tate's creek would beat lex Christian in the ground BTW. WHy on earth would creek play them?
Gridiron Grit Wrote:Which star is it that will not be playing in the Boyle/Creek scrimage?

RJ Taylor will either not play or be very limited in action
UNDECIDED Wrote:Tate's creek would beat lex Christian in the ground BTW. WHy on earth would creek play them?

Perhaps this season Creek can beat LCA to the ground, but not in other years. That's why your AD will not and will never schedule LCA and or Lex Cath.:thatsfunn
UNDECIDED Wrote:Tate's creek would beat lex Christian in the ground BTW. WHy on earth would creek play them?

Oh BTW perinnial powerhouse Boyle Co. will beat the tar of any Fayette Co. public school anyday/ night ( regular season ) that is, :thatsfunn
FBfan4life Wrote:Perhaps this season Creek can beat LCA to the ground, but not in other years. That's why your AD will not and will never schedule LCA and or Lex Cath.:thatsfunn

You can't be serious........I understand that lex cath has a
Good program. But please spare me the tough talk.....we have bigger fish to fry the. To worry about the local "private" school and it's subsequent rules like, a certain RB that is the star at Henry Clays' recruitment....oops.....did that come out.....if we are discussing this year, why on earth would we worry about scheduling 2 teams Creek feels it would best anyway. Creek is focused on 6A business and the teams in that division.....

Subsequently, LCA and Lex Cath won't schedule Tates Creek. C'mon LCA and LexCath AD......:please:
FBfan4life Wrote:Oh BTW perinnial powerhouse Boyle Co. will beat the tar of any Fayette Co. public school anyday/ night ( regular season ) that is, :thatsfunn

Well we will see up close and personal tonight.....I know Creek is looking forward to the challenge....
I could not attend but was told 35-14 Boyle County when starters where pulled. 14-14 at half.
64black&gold Wrote:I could not attend but was told 35-14 Boyle County when starters where pulled. 14-14 at half.

Score was tied 14-14 at half. The game ended as a 31-28 Boyle Win. But creek held a few starters out for a variety of reasons. Was a very good scrimmage. Even played, was rusty on both sides, but both sides got a lot of good work in.
I really liked Boyle County Young QB. Strong arm and accurate. Looked good with the ball. Tate's Creek had a receiver that Boyle had no answers for #19 RJ Taylor had 5 catches 95 yards and a 65 yard TD at the half. And he's one of the starters they held out for most of the snaps. He only played like 50% of the snaps due to an injury, they also held out the other top WR 6'2 Tavon Dunn for undisclosed reason. All in all,
Was a very good scrimmage and Boyle County scored at the horn at the half to tie it at 14. The 2nd half was mostly a bunch of young guys playing. Was very good. And seemingly injury free.
How much, if any, has the TC defense improved?
Iam4thecats Wrote:How much, if any, has the TC defense improved?

I think they did pretty well last night. Didn't give up much on the ground. Boyle was well coached and ran a full house backfield most of the night. Boyle did hurt Creek with play action boot plays to the tight end dragging across the field. But the change to a 4 man front didn't allow them to be shoved on like the last few years.
The score for the varsity after 3 quarters was Boyle 31 Tates creek 14.the jv finished out the 4th quarter.
UNDECIDED Wrote:So by playing Scott County for the last 8 years last 2 years state runners up and semi final losers and ranked top 5 every year, playing all the Lexington schools every year (Bryan station, Henry clay, Dunbar, Lafayette) and playing our 3 district games, that's 8 of the 10 games. who is it again that they aren't playing at Creek. Oh we played Louisville Butler for the last 3 years in scrimmage action. Another top 10 team. We have played teams like Harlan, Ryle, Boone county. Play Dixie heights this year. Who is it again that we are supposed to play. Oh, we play Loyisville Moore. Played manual, male, again. Who is it. And what is your point?

Tate's creek has state titles. Has 1 in the 2000's I believe. It's not that easy when playing in Fayette county under their guidelines to do so. Creek has no issue playing anyone, and I'm sure you'll find out tomorrow why they have no issues playing anyone when Boyle Comes down.

I wish no injuries on any of the kids and we get to see good football

What guidelines are you talking about?