Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lynn Camp 2013
2013 WYMT Pigskin Preview: Lynn Camp Wildcats

KNOX COUNTY, Ky (WYMT) - Second-year head coach Phil Russell and the Lynn Camp Wildcats are looking to continue progressing coming off a 3-8 season last year.

"I'm just trying to build this team up as much as I can. I try to tell our kids about wins and losses, but the wins and losses are going to come. We're guaranteed to strap it on 12 times this year. You know you got to take it all in, take in every opportunity," said Coach Russell.

The wildcats have 7 seniors on their roster, one of those is senior wide receiver/safety Tyler Reynolds and he says helping out the young players will help lead to a successful season.

"Keep building them up. We haven't had the best years than what we had, but we've been building and we're just trying to keep positive and keep trying to build them up. We've got a young quarterback and we're just keeping him positive just trying to keep building him up to where he can succeed so we can succeed," said Reynolds

Fellow senior wide receiver/linebacker Aaron Mills talks about the differences from last year.

"Everyone seems like they want it more. Showing up in the weight room, used to everyone would just come and go as we please, but this year it's mandatory you have to be there if you're going to be a part of us," said Mills.

Senior running back/safety Tommy "Squirrel" Hatfield has bigger expectations for the wildcats this season.

"I expect us to win a lot more games than we did last year, and just be a lot better. We want to win district, and beat Williamsburg," said Hatfield.

The wildcats senior night is against Williamsburg and you better believe they'll be ready.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/sportsov...44381.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Aug 23, 13 Powell County 5:30 PM

Aug 30, 13 Campbell County, TN home 7:30 PM

Sep 6, 13 Jellico, TN away 7:30 PM

Sep 13, 13 Harlan home 7:30 PM

Sep 20, 13 Pineville home 7:30 PM

Oct 4, 13 Clinton County away 7:00 PM

Oct 11, 13 Berea away 7:30 PM

Oct 18, 13 Campbellsville home 7:30 PM

Oct 25, 13 Williamsburg home 7:30 PM

Nov 1, 13 Middlesboro away 7:30 PM
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Schedule is much friendlier this year. They have a shot to win several games.
Russell has definitely done a better job at scheduling then Mitchell ever did.
Much more reasonable than the scheduling 5A teams and getting drilled most years.

The Campbell County, TN game will be tough though. They usually field a pretty tough team and theyd be around a 5A school in KY, but it doesnt hurt lynn camp to schedule one tough team like this to help them prepare.
I think Russell will evetually catch them back up to Wburg.
I think you can go ahead and give them the W for the Jellico game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Campers have a more recent victory over Whitley than they do WIlliamsburg.
Good luck this year campers....really hope you have a great season.
What are Lynn Camp's numbers this year? As Knox Central has got more successful the Campers numbers have regressed. Coach Mitchell did a goo job of maximizing what he got out of his kids. Most people have forgot they were on the verge of shutting their football program down when he took over.