Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairview this year
How will Fairview do this year? Heard they a had a new very good lineman.
I'm curious as to how they will be this year too. I hope for another great season for the Eagles over in Westwood.
Will they be able to replace the great backfield last year?
Its nearly impossible to replace the backfield they had last year. But Isiah King and Tanner Dolen saw alot of snaps last year. Dolen reminded me alot of Chris Littlejohn from a few years back, hits the hole hard, and has good acceleration. Word is they have a new freshman that is similar to Baker from Ashland. Sounds like they will be more speed backs than hard nosed runners. Brewer was fast and so was Turner, but they never were ones to shy away from contact.
From what I hear they are loaded again. I have been told they have 6-8 new kids from Huntington.
Fairview was probably more physical than any team from the east in single A last year. It showed about midway through the Raceland game last year, if you hit them back, they got stunned a little bit. I believe Raceland was the only team in the regular season that could expose any weaknesses in their defense. With the game within a td, Fairview plays conservative and respects the run as well as the pass. With a2td lead, all bets are off, the lbs are stunting everytime. This has been the case since McPeak took the reigns. Hazard or Raceland should be able to stay within reach. Both have more skill and speed this year. Should make for an interesting regular season. Wontbe long till all of our questions are answered.
I will bite list the new players and the school they came from.
Play makers like Elkins, Messer, Risner will make the total difference this year! More mature and if they lead this team and make them believers and they just do what Maynard teaches they will be hard to beat. If they lay back like the end of last year they will repeat last year!
Agreed. Last years team seemed to peak against Paintsville(odd as that sounds), they beat them so easily it was like that gave them confirmation that the rematch with Fairview was a garauntee. I look for Raceland or Fairview to play for a regional ttoe again this year. Pikeville should be the there as well. With an outside chance of Williamsburg or Hazard. But I honestly believe The Rams or the Eagles will be representing the East this year.
I hope I never see or hear a raceland or fairview supporter crying about the unfair advantage that the independent schools have. If not for outside players comming in neither school would have much of a team. It wasn't that long ago that fairview did or almost dropped football. I know raceland is pretty upset about the number of outside kids that can come in now. I guess the're concerned about there debate team not having enough miss if this happensv
Why don't you worry about Russell and let Raceland and Fairview fans worry about the trash we are slinging at each other. I know it's a sore spot for Russell fans with the loss of all the kids who have transferred to Raceland in recent years and I will admit, they've added a lot to Raceland's program. Maybe you should ask yourself the question of why the students left in the first place. I played for Raceland in the nineties and I know of a handful of kids who can over from Russell, those kids were average players, nothing special, but nobody bitches about them transferring out!!
I think there's several reasons kids leave Russell and greenup to play for raceland. I'm not that upset over that, or the fact that fairview gets all those wv kids. I know some kids want to play in a more opened up offense. What I don't like is the attitude of a lot, not all, but a lot of both fan bases. Your one of the very few that I've heard at least admit that raceland has greatly benefited from other schools players. It may just be me, but I just don't like to see any school lose players. If at some point kids loved a new coach and the type of offense that Russell ran and started transferring in, I wouldn't like it. I believe you develope and play with what you have. Like I said, I might be the only one who thinks that way. What's so funny though is reading raceland and fairview fans going back and fourth while each school is benefiting in the same way
One has to admit it is ironic about this ever climbing fued between Fairview and Raceland. As a Russell fan I have no dog in that fight because neither are in our class. I would say the Boggs boy was our only loss. Messer wasn't as much a loss. Not saying he's not a great athlete but everyone knows his talents would have been ill used at Russell because we don't pass. Several more were lured but stayed. Fairview has been receiving quality players at record pace and even persuaded some die hard county twins to switch teams.
One would think they must be much, much better this year. After all, I saw an interview of the coach this year and apparently they close each practice by chanting state champs. That alone should make them 48 points better.
mysonis55 Wrote:One would think they must be much, much better this year. After all, I saw an interview of the coach this year and apparently they close each practice by chanting state champs. That alone should make them 48 points better.

Kids gotta believe to achieve you need to be more mature
Just from looks Fairview is BIG upfront, as is Raceland. Fairview has some hard nosed backs(no turners or brewers) but King and the new frosh, are serious threats if they get outside. Raceland has height(nothing enormous) but solid 6'1"-6'3" guys, in their receivers with speed to go along with it. Comparitively, both of these squads are similar in size and speed. Physicality will be the difference maker. Which the eagles have owned that battle the last few seasons. If the Rams dont toughen up, it will be a carbon copy stamp this season as last season.

Forget who comes from where, Fairview gets their kids to buy in to what they are doing. Not saying the Raceland kids dont, but this years jr and sr class, has alwayshad tallent, but i wanna see some attitude back on the Raceland Sidelines.
To say that fairview has that best line in state in 1a is disrespectful to mayfield beechwood willaimsburg pikevillle and raceland.
In my honest opinion i think itll come down to pikeville williamsburg and fairview to rep the east but by the time they play each other who knows but i think its willaiamsburg and or pikevilles year to try not fairviews. East is won in 1a through exp. and dertimimation somthin fairview imo doesnt have in big situations.
Mastadon89 Wrote:To say that fairview has that best line in state in 1a is disrespectful to mayfield beechwood willaimsburg pikevillle and raceland.
In my honest opinion i think itll come down to pikeville williamsburg and fairview to rep the east but by the time they play each other who knows but i think its willaiamsburg and or pikevilles year to try not fairviews. East is won in 1a through exp. and dertimimation somthin fairview imo doesnt have in big situations.

You obvisouly no nothing at all about Fairview. After seeing Fairview in their scrimmage i wouldnt be suprised by a trip back to the semi . Fairview has a ton of talent returning from last yr, folks tend to focus on 4 players but Fairview is loaded . I love Fairview's new offense this yr a whole lot more passing , i would say 50/50 run pass . This will be imo the fastest , & quickest team ive seen in the 30 + yrs ive followed Fairview . I never say this so early but i am very highly impressed with what i seen Friday ...wow just wow ...i truly believe this team is better than last yrs , & i honestly wouldnt think i would say that , but boy they are really loaded
Fairview will scrimmage Johnson Central on 8/23 @ JC... that should be a good measuring stick for Fairview to see what kind of talent they have.
For those that follow fairview I'm currious as to how much of your loaded talent is actually from fairview, and how much has been bused in
Like I said Russell, they must be about 48 points better this year. Cause I know they are not saying they were state champs last season.
I will say this Talon, there line cannot be any bigger or faster than the one we got here in Mayfield this year. By the way, it is the same line that owned them last year. The boys have hit the weights and have grown. They are huge this year. In 2002 we had a line that most college teams would have been proud to have. That was under Coach Joe Morris. I heard from one of his former players this summer that he thinks this line this year could be his biggest and most talented during his tenor. Also we have had the kids coming in from other schools as well. We got a huge 6'4" 285lb freshman from Lone Oak. We got 2 6' twins from Heath that are sophs (lb/wr). We also got a soph from somewhere in MO that is supposed to be really fast and a rb.
mysonis55 Wrote:I will say this Talon, there line cannot be any bigger or faster than the one we got here in Mayfield this year. By the way, it is the same line that owned them last year. The boys have hit the weights and have grown. They are huge this year. In 2002 we had a line that most college teams would have been proud to have. That was under Coach Joe Morris. I heard from one of his former players this summer that he thinks this line this year could be his biggest and most talented during his tenor. Also we have had the kids coming in from other schools as well. We got a huge 6'4" 285lb freshman from Lone Oak. We got 2 6' twins from Heath that are sophs (lb/wr). We also got a soph from somewhere in MO that is supposed to be really fast and a rb.
Mysonis55 you guys should play NAIA college football player just drop out of the sky.Confusednicker:
mysonis55 Wrote:I will say this Talon, there line cannot be any bigger or faster than the one we got here in Mayfield this year. By the way, it is the same line that owned them last year. The boys have hit the weights and have grown. They are huge this year. In 2002 we had a line that most college teams would have been proud to have. That was under Coach Joe Morris. I heard from one of his former players this summer that he thinks this line this year could be his biggest and most talented during his tenor. Also we have had the kids coming in from other schools as well. We got a huge 6'4" 285lb freshman from Lone Oak. We got 2 6' twins from Heath that are sophs (lb/wr). We also got a soph from somewhere in MO that is supposed to be really fast and a rb.

I didnt say our line was bigger or faster than Mayfield's , nor did i say anything about being better than Mayfield. All i was saying in all the yrs i've followed Fairview i do believe this will be Fairview's quickest team . I wasnt trying to downgrade another team as some of you have . Fairview returns most of their line from last yr , heck & most of them will be back again next yr. Fairview was Sophmore dominated last yr with our starters. Our entire line is over 6' , & average i believe 280lbs lead by a 6'5" 310lb jr getting heavy interest from several major D1 schools , & a 6' 6" 290lb sr who is getting some D1 attn also . Our line this yr will be much improved from last yrs line . Again im not saying we are going to run the table or be better than Mayfield . Until someone can beat Mayfield of course they are the favorite to win it all , but their isnt any sense of being cocky , & classless in trying to run another team down
If and only if you are correct about them being more pass oriented than last year, they may have a much better shot. Don't get too worked up, I gotta take my shots when I can. What they did last year was impressive. They just need a pass game
mysonis55 Wrote:If and only if you are correct about them being more pass oriented than last year, they may have a much better shot. Don't get too worked up, I gotta take my shots when I can. What they did last year was impressive. They just need a pass game
The true test to see how we will stack up will be against Johnson Central in a Aug 22nd scrimmage . Yes we have def upgraded our O with a passing game , & we did look sharp in our scrimmage this past Friday , but it was a intersquad scrimmage . Half the starters on 1 team the other half on another team . Comparing this yrs vs last yrs intersquad scrimmage we are a lot better this yr , & def faster . Out of 22 position starters from last yrs team we return about 14 or 15 & 13 of those will be back again next yr. I know we lost 4 big players but trust me we have some very just as talented players to fill those 4 's shoes ....sorry if i got a lil hot but use to people trying to constantly bash us around here
I havent ever seen anyone dispute the tallent has had on the field. True, many of us have griped and complained about transfers, i am guilty of that myself. The one and doners are what caused an uproar. Its hard to deny a recruiting OF SOME SORT, when it is position specific. Need a rb, go get one. BUT, with the kids they have this year being under classmen, alot of that talk will be put to rest. Looking foward to seeing what the new offense Fairview has installed. If its out of the spread wing t i would expect alot of skinny posts, flat passes, to get the ball to the playmakers in space. Any input that can be added on?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Agreed. Last years team seemed to peak against Paintsville(odd as that sounds), they beat them so easily it was like that gave them confirmation that the rematch with Fairview was a garauntee. I look for Raceland or Fairview to play for a regional ttoe again this year. Pikeville should be the there as well. With an outside chance of Williamsburg or Hazard. But I honestly believe The Rams or the Eagles will be representing the East this year.

love hearing Williamsburg Confusednicker:its going to be a long drive to williamsburg
Fairviews opponents record last season that they are playing this year.

East Carter 2-8
Lawrence County 5-7
Bellevue 7-5
Hazard 9-4
East Ridge 1-9
Pike County Central 8-4
Paintsville 2-9
Raceland 9-3
Nicholas County 7-5
Cincinnati Gamble 6-4
Well lets see how this compares. This is mayfield's

Fort Campbell. 3a. 9-3