Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dixie QB transfered to Highland's?
Heard through a good source a Dixie Qb transferred to Highland's. Can anyone confirm if its their Soph or Junior Qb?
Is it Moore? Didn't think HHS was taking transfers anymore. Not to offend any Highlands followers on here because I respect there opinions, but I looked at "Bluebird Preps" and there wasn't any info, lol.
Drew Moore would have to move in order to transfer. He may not start varsity at HHS. The move makes no sense athletically. Might be an underclassmen though. Like the reference to bluebird preps. Very true!
Just heard about this late Friday night.
Late after how many bourbon shakes? All QBs accounted for at the freshmen, jv, and varsity levels.

As if the birds need any more of another teams athletes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Transferring after the completion of 7 on 7's makes no sense at all.
Ft Thomas has closed to all transfers, his family would have to move to Ft Thomas in order to enter the school.
Spirit100 Wrote:Late after how many bourbon shakes? All QBs accounted for at the freshmen, jv, and varsity levels.

So true! I did remember a member on here saying they didn't take transfers anymore.
sstack Wrote:Ft Thomas has closed to all transfers, his family would have to move to Ft Thomas in order to enter the school.

Thank you, knew I heard that somewhere. Is there places in Ft. Thomas to move in such as apartments? I thought I seen a few on the outskirts of town.
hop24 Wrote:Thank you, knew I heard that somewhere. Is there places in Ft. Thomas to move in such as apartments? I thought I seen a few on the outskirts of town.

There is always homes and apartments available (cost of housing is high). To be eligible to play would the family have to justify why they moved, or does just having the family have main residence in the city make the kid eligible?
There is always cheap apartments in Fort Thomas.
Could it be a kid named Pike?
sstack Wrote:There is always homes and apartments available (cost of housing is high). To be eligible to play would the family have to justify why they moved, or does just having the family have main residence in the city make the kid eligible?

I wouldn't think they have to justify a move. If you did all you would have to say it's over academics. What was the reasoning of HHS not taking transfers anymore? I understand they have a good thing going know, but what if the talent pool comes back to earth in the future?
hop24 Wrote:I wouldn't think they have to justify a move. If you did all you would have to say it's over academics. What was the reasoning of HHS not taking transfers anymore? I understand they have a good thing going know, but what if the talent pool comes back to earth in the future?

No more transfers because the class rooms are full. Parents in Ft Thomas want to keep class room size small, they want low student to teacher ratio. Parents were not happy about the increased number of tuition students and are glad to see the halt on transfers. The super of the school system liked it for the extra cash flow coming into the school, but it came back to bite him in the butt with a large jump in student numbers in the city the last couple of years. The school is also really trying to crack down on people using false residencies, due to not getting tax money from these people.
^Makes sense.
This thread makes me laugh out loud!
Well, I heard the same thing. I actually posted the same thing on BGP and the thread was immediately taken down. I simply asked if there was any info on the rumor. Seems weird to me it would be taken down so quickly. The big nose tackle from Holmes was rumored to be transferring to Newport, that thread was never taken down.....is there a cover up? You guys are fooling yourself if you think the doors are shut to any kid that could help HHS win football games. I personally don't have a problem with it, a kid should be able to play wherever he wants.
nittanylion Wrote:This thread makes me laugh out loud!

I'm sure a lot does.Confusednicker: Care to elaborate??
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:Well, I heard the same thing. I actually posted the same thing on BGP and the thread was immediately taken down. I simply asked if there was any info on the rumor. Seems weird to me it would be taken down so quickly. The big nose tackle from Holmes was rumored to be transferring to Newport, that thread was never taken down.....is there a cover up? You guys are fooling yourself if you think the doors are shut to any kid that could help HHS win football games. I personally don't have a problem with it, a kid should be able to play wherever he wants.

BW, CCH and HHS control bluebirds preps. Don't expect free speech over there if the speech is offensive or embarrassing to any of those schools. But all of Ft. Thomas could dump on Simon Kenton and no action would be taken!
So true...
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:Well, I heard the same thing. I actually posted the same thing on BGP and the thread was immediately taken down. I simply asked if there was any info on the rumor. Seems weird to me it would be taken down so quickly. The big nose tackle from Holmes was rumored to be transferring to Newport, that thread was never taken down.....is there a cover up? You guys are fooling yourself if you think the doors are shut to any kid that could help HHS win football games. I personally don't have a problem with it, a kid should be able to play wherever he wants.

Well the doors are 100% shut to transfers. If they want to play football, they would be welcome with open arms as long as they have legal residence. You people make me laugh when you act like football runs the Ft Thomas school system. It has been and will always be strong academics that runs the the school system in Ft Thomas. You are fooling yourself if you think people would pay the over inflated home prices they do just for football, it is to give our kids the best opportunity for future success in college and life. Good sports teams are a nice benefit but not top priority.
Pick6 Wrote:BW, CCH and HHS control bluebirds preps. Don't expect free speech over there if the speech is offensive or embarrassing to any of those schools. But all of Ft. Thomas could dump on Simon Kenton and no action would be taken!

I am as big of HHS fan as they come and have to agree with you. It is fun to talk with people from all over the state not just a few schools. They are very quick to kick you off the site if you do not agree with them. This site is so much better.
hop24 Wrote:I'm sure a lot does.Confusednicker: Care to elaborate??
Yea, I get a good laugh sometimes. No need to elaborate.
Spirit100 Wrote:Late after how many bourbon shakes? All QBs accounted for at the freshmen, jv, and varsity levels.

If its true, maybe I'll serve you up some old crow on the rocks!:yum:

It was taken down because you've acted like such an ass on BGP and Rob thought you were just trying to cause some stink. If the rumor had been posted by someone with more credibility it might have stayed up. Rob called some folks and asked if they had heard anything to confirm; when told no, he took it down. No cover up; just being responsible. You should try it.
^:lame::Sad04:
People on BLUEGRASS RIVALS don't usually like to talk about that other inferior site but, in this case since people are telling the truth about it I think they will let it slide. Confusednicker:
charlie22 Wrote:It was taken down because you've acted like such an ass on BGP and Rob thought you were just trying to cause some stink. If the rumor had been posted by someone with more credibility it might have stayed up. Rob called some folks and asked if they had heard anything to confirm; when told no, he took it down. No cover up; just being responsible. You should try it.
Sorry, but Rob can stick it where the sun does not shine! If he had any class, he would send you a PM telling you why your post was removed and why. Instead, he leaves you out to dry! Anybody not a supporter of HHS, BW, CCH or NDA has a different set of rules then the ones posted there.
Pick6 Wrote:Sorry, but Rob can stick it where the sun does not shine! If he had any class, he would send you a PM telling you why your post was removed and why. Instead, he leaves you out to dry! Anybody not a supporter of HHS, BW, CCH or NDA has a different set of rules then the ones posted there.

I love it. His actions are indeed hurting his site. There membership numbers are going down steadily. There's always at least 2 to 3X more people on here. Now there selling memberships half off. I wouldn't give them a wooden nickel. Can you say KARMA!
sstack Wrote:Well the doors are 100% shut to transfers. If they want to play football, they would be welcome with open arms as long as they have legal residence. You people make me laugh when you act like football runs the Ft Thomas school system. It has been and will always be strong academics that runs the the school system in Ft Thomas. You are fooling yourself if you think people would pay the over inflated home prices they do just for football, it is to give our kids the best opportunity for future success in college and life. Good sports teams are a nice benefit but not top priority.

Thanks for shedding light on this stack :Thumbs:!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi