Pikeville High School

W.C. Hambley Athletic Complex

Game 5

Time: 6:05 p.m.

Hurley, Va. vs. East Ridge

Game 6

Time: 8:35 p.m.

Hazard vs. Pikeville
At least the local schools are not playing each other.
Now if they switch two games to Thursday night, this fan will be happy.
Most of the games seem to be a good matchup.
Not sure about the Henry Clay/Pike Central game though.
Maybe woulda been better for PC/Somerset and HC/Belfry to play.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Most of the games seem to be a good matchup.
Not sure about the Henry Clay/Pike Central game though.
Maybe woulda been better for PC/Somerset and HC/Belfry to play.

Henry Clay played Belfry last year in the pcb. Somerset will not have the size that belfry has, but will present matchup problems bc of their speed. Both teams are physical, should be a great game.
Ready for them Friday Night Lights!!!
JumperPride1 Wrote:Henry Clay played Belfry last year in the pcb. Somerset will not have the size that belfry has, but will present matchup problems bc of their speed. Both teams are physical, should be a great game.

Belfry played Harrison County in the PCB last year.

Henry Clay was a non-district game and the 2nd of a 2 year series between Belfry and HC.

Somerset and Belfry is going be a fantastic matchup. Somerset's experience concerns me more than their speed (though they do have a good bit).
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Belfry played Harrison County in the PCB last year.

Henry Clay was a non-district game and the 2nd of a 2 year series between Belfry and HC.

Somerset and Belfry is going be a fantastic matchup. Somerset's experience concerns me more than their speed (though they do have a good bit).

Knew they played them early, thought it was pcb. Should be a great game... I don't know if you could take a team consisting of 100% seniors to Belfry and not be somewhat awestruck walking into that facility. Looking forward to te trip!
Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but why is SV playing the first game of the doubleheader at their place? Usually the host team plays the second game.

Maybe Paris requested the early game so they could travel back afterward and not have it be real late?
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I also wish that the PCB would go to a 3 night, 2 game per night format. I am not opposed to S.V. hosting a site, but don't have bowl games going on at the same time in different places, it takes away from both.
P.C.C. is my fav team on Pike County, but the games looks to be a blow outI am torn to where I will go, if the trip comes to be.
This Bowl could bring in the freaking Dallas Cowboys and people would find a way to complain about it. If you give a mouse a freaking cookie. Just be glad all these schools get to play in it. Is that so much? There are a lot of people that would prefer it go back to a one night event.
I was told that the PCB provides jerseys for visiting teams, is this true? Not a big fan of this, as Somersets new skill # jerseys are mostly custom fit.
JumperPride1 Wrote:I was told that the PCB provides jerseys for visiting teams, is this true? Not a big fan of this, as Somersets new skill # jerseys are mostly custom fit.

There will NOT be any jerseys provided for the teams this year......but for numerous years the bank did buy standard jerseys for all teams to wear during the games!!!!!
I hope no jerseys. It is a nice little touch for the players. A momento so to speak. But I prefer to see teams in their real uniform when I am watching the game from the stands.
It helped in a big way in terms of Practice jerseys. So that was a huge help. PHS has not bought practice jerseys in years. But the Bowl cannot afford to buy 12 teams jerseys.
The 10 bamillion teams playing in the bowl this year will get t-shirts instead and ware their Home/Away jerseys
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:P.C.C. is my fav team on Pike County, but the games looks to be a blow outI am torn to where I will go, if the trip comes to be.

The PCC/Henry Clay game will not be pretty but the Belfry/Somerset nightcap should make up for it.

All in all those 2 games will still be a much better football night than the games at Shelby Valley. Agree?
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:P.C.C. is my fav team on Pike County, but the games looks to be a blow outI am torn to where I will go, if the trip comes to be.

If I were a neutral observer there is absolutely no question which venue I would attend.

Of those 4 games only one pits Two Top 3 teams in their respective classes.

I think both venues offer one blowout (Betsy Layne will destroy Phelps and Henry Clay will destroy PC) and one competitive game... but only one offers a competitive game between good teams.
The job situation has changed, so now I am waiting to see what happens.
I most likely will still be attending and heading to Belfry and Pikeville.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:The job situation has changed, so now I am waiting to see what happens.
I most likely will still be attending and heading to Belfry and Pikeville.

Hang around for Saturday nights, night cap. That one will be a dandy!
I hope Central wears those all orange jersey's.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:I hope Central wears those all orange jersey's.

Heard that they wasn't getting Pike Co Bowl jersey this year. Any truth to that?
shelbyvalley02 Wrote:Heard that they wasn't getting Pike Co Bowl jersey this year. Any truth to that?

I heard the same. I believe they will all receive a t-shirt instead.
Belfry has also not bought practice jerseys, they all wear old Pike County Bowl jerseys. Somerset and Belfry should be looking fresh, the last time Somerset played us we had the old jerseys, a lot easier to jersey tackle! I'm a huge fan of the tighter fitting ones we have now!
Belfry0304 Wrote:Belfry has also not bought practice jerseys, they all wear old Pike County Bowl jerseys. Somerset and Belfry should be looking fresh, the last time Somerset played us we had the old jerseys, a lot easier to jersey tackle! I'm a huge fan of the tighter fitting ones we have now!

Should be two of my favorite jersey's in the State of KY.
Does the walmart in Belfry have school shirts for sale?
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Does the walmart in Belfry have school shirts for sale?

I would say yes...

And jetpilot...don't even start with your comments about Belfry people buying clothing from Wal-Mart Big Grin I know that light bulb just went off above your head the second you read his post.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I would say yes...

And jetpilot...don't even start with your comments about Belfry people buying clothing from Wal-Mart Big Grin I know that light bulb just went off above your head the second you read his post.

Nope haha...I like the WM at Belfry a lot better than the one in Pikeville. Seems to be run much better.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Does the walmart in Belfry have school shirts for sale?

I know the one in Pikeville does. I've not been to the one in Belfry in years.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Knew they played them early, thought it was pcb. Should be a great game... I don't know if you could take a team consisting of 100% seniors to Belfry and not be somewhat awestruck walking into that facility. Looking forward to te trip!

This Senior Laden Somerset team was at Cam Stadium when they were Freshman in the Semi-State matchup before Somerset dropped down to 2A. Great Facility but technically they have been there before. Other than the state game, Best facility i played at. Best atmosphere goes to Breathitt County with that big roof. Couldnt hear a thing there.