Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Coach at Nicholas Co.
The announcement should come tomorrow! He's a classy guy with lots of credentials. And no, its not Rison. I was excited to hear he has been chosen. He's been in the 16th for a while. Lots of credentials and experience. His "former" school has lots of experience losing good coaches, add this one to the list.
Can you give us any more details like is it a head coach or assistant coach?
Great news for Nicholas county. Reinhardt was not one of my favorite coaches. Screaming at kids in not what I see as being good.
Roger Newton. Assistant at Bath Co. Has a son that can shoot it. Used to be AD at Greenup Co. Don't know if he has ever been a head coach.
He was a head coach at East Jess and Lexington Christian. Also, AD at Greenup Co AND an AD at a college in Indiana.

IMO - Bath Co. lost out on a great coach. Tiller had coaches on staff that weren't nearly as qualified as Newton and ended up losing him and his son.

I can't wait till the BEATDOWN that Bath Co will take vs. Nicholas Co. this year....you can't run Tiller!!! Lol!
Press4Life Wrote:He was a head coach at East Jess and Lexington Christian. Also, AD at Greenup Co AND an AD at a college in Indiana.

IMO - Bath Co. lost out on a great coach. Tiller had coaches on staff that weren't nearly as qualified as Newton and ended up losing him and his son.

I can't wait till the BEATDOWN that Bath Co will take vs. Nicholas Co. this year....you can't run Tiller!!! Lol!

Newton leaving was a shock to everyone. Well kept secret that he was looking for sure. Oh well. Good guy. And sorry but I don't get the "you can't run Tiller".

Beatdown? Really? In August? I guess I could go to another forum and talk about the football "BEATDOWN" NIcholas will take from Bath this year....but it would be like talking about last week's news....everybody already knows about it.
Newton is a first-class guy. Nicholas should count their blessings in picking him up. His son will be able to help both the basketball and baseball teams. This is a first class family and Bath should be very disappointed in letting them get away. From what I heard Newton wasn't looking to leave but that Nicholas came calling to him.
Carlos Wrote:Newton is a first-class guy. Nicholas should count their blessings in picking him up. His son will be able to help both the basketball and baseball teams. This is a first class family and Bath should be very disappointed in letting them get away. From what I heard Newton wasn't looking to leave but that Nicholas came calling to him.

Bath Co. has a habit of letting good employees slip through their grasp. The family has been an asset to the community. Bath Co. loss, Nicholas Co. gain.
Newton will do a good job at Nicholas county.