Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg/D3 best teams
Biggest team I have seen for Williamsburg middle school. Alot of good players and decent speed. Have two scrimmages one against Lafollette TN, and one against MCcreary. Who are going to be the best teams in D3 this year?
Burg will be excellent in the East. They do things that is tough for middle schoolers to defend. Last year Raceland and Butler were the dominating teams, and they seemed to come out of nowhere. Lookout for Glasgow and Monroe in the West. I would imagine mayfield too. Meece is always solid.

On hs board predictions are a burg/ mayfield state championship, wouldn't it be funny to see a mayfield/ burg final in ms too?!
That would be real funny and even great if we would win both. But the season is long for both middle and high school ... I heard mayfield had a great 7th grade team last year ... and won alot I seen meece at passing camp and wasn't impressed they just lacked speed but they are well coached so who knows
Think W'burg will be good this year, but did notice that one of their best players was walking around with a cast. Hope he's not out too long.
Newjacket Wrote:Think W'burg will be good this year, but did notice that one of their best players was walking around with a cast. Hope he's not out too long.

Talked to his parents. He will only be out through end of August
Williamsburg looked very impressive tonight against a big physical lafollete team. Williamsburg totally dominated this scrimmage
Looking Fwd. to the scrimmage with McCreary this week. Just hope both teams comes away healthy and better for the scrimmage, after all it is just practice.
Should be a good matchup between McCreary and WBurg. Troxell will pose a threat but I think as long as Burg's defensive line performs as solidly as they did against LaFollette, they comes out with the win
Williamsburg came out strong and came out with the win. McCreary was up 18-8 at the half. But the first play of the half Receiver Darrell White took at sweep for 80 yards for a touchdown. Camron Sizemore and Alec Poore play a heck if a game as well. This W'Burg team might win state this year. W'Burg won the game 30-18.
Deffinatly taking steps in the right direction! #wms
I'd say to predict winning state would be extremely premature! Defensively, the Jackets struggled...to many guys out of position, not wrapping up tackles, and a ton of room for improving in the effort department. Offensively, they looked raw...missing blocks, jogging routs, and fatigue! All this being said, the pieces r there to be a great team...all the above mentioned are easily correct with time and hard work. Good group of young men tho...I believe they r up to the challenge!
This is a very good W'burg Team, can go a long way in play-offs. I feel McCreary can do a lot of damage down the road as well. Good Luck!!!
Mayfield is freakin Loaded and their line is going to average 6ft 220 dominated 7th grade regardless of class with most of their games being running clocks. Did not compete in the 7th grade tourney but should have. To top it off we will be adding some depth from a 7th grade class that while playing together since 3rd grade has never lost a game. Dual threatbqb who had 4tds in the the 7th grade west my championship 1 running and three passing.
rednblackattack Wrote:Mayfield is freakin Loaded and their line is going to average 6ft 220 dominated 7th grade regardless of class with most of their games being running clocks. Did not compete in the 7th grade tourney but should have. To top it off we will be adding some depth from a 7th grade class that while playing together since 3rd grade has never lost a game. Dual threatbqb who had 4tds in the the 7th grade west my championship 1 running and three passing.

Come on rednblackattack let us enjoy this thread. Confusednicker:
No way cause mysonis75 lol! an 8th grader this year at Mayfield and plays Dline he is 5ft11 320. I'm telling you it is one of the biggest 8th grade lines i have ever seen.
I agree 64sure! No need to rain on our parade!
Here is a thundershower for you. First game Mayfield just destroyed Lone Oak a teamn who plays div 1 and makes deep playoff runs in the largest middle school division. 48 to 0. With a 36 to 0 halftime score and a running clock before halftime. Qb Nate Fox 2 rushing TDs 1 passing. Halfback Jack Murrel 2 rushing TDs and a punt return for a TD.
rednblackattack Wrote:Here is a thundershower for you. First game Mayfield just destroyed Lone Oak a teamn who plays div 1 and makes deep playoff runs in the largest middle school division. 48 to 0. With a 36 to 0 halftime score and a running clock before halftime. Qb Nate Fox 2 rushing TDs 1 passing. Halfback Jack Murrel 2 rushing TDs and a punt return for a TD.

Shame on you guys luckily you didn't play Williamsburg rednblackattacker Confusednicker: