Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danville Football
I heard that their numbers are down quite considerably this year? Only 18 players came out during the first week? Most of those being freshmen...
Danville will struggle this year. New Staff, accountability, doing things a different way, It will take time for the Kids to buy in. Look for Middlesboro to finish 2nd in Dist. behind Somerset.
They had about 21 kids at a recent 7 on 7. Numbers may be down a little but it looked like the kids that were there were quality athletes. The jury is going to be out on Danville Football for a little while, I understand that but I also think it's premature to count them out.
Lone Ranger Wrote:They had about 21 kids at a recent 7 on 7. Numbers may be down a little but it looked like the kids that were there were quality athletes. The jury is going to be out on Danville Football for a little while, I understand that but I also think it's premature to count them out.

I want never count Danville out :Thumbs:
Lone Ranger Wrote:They had about 21 kids at a recent 7 on 7. Numbers may be down a little but it looked like the kids that were there were quality athletes. The jury is going to be out on Danville Football for a little while, I understand that but I also think it's premature to count them out.

Not Counting them out, that would be a huge mistake. I just think Somerset is a step ahead, with Middlesboro right behind them. Dist. will be tough as always.
Their first scrimmage is against Anderson County. Should give them a good idea were they are at.
New coach is doing what he needs to do. They will be thin but will play hard. Got tons of talents at skill positions. Need linemen.
64black&gold Wrote:New coach is doing what he needs to do. They will be thin but will play hard. Got tons of talents at skill positions. Need linemen.

I seem to recall Tom Duffy winning the AAA State Title in '84 with 27 players on the roster. It helps to have depth but it's not impossible if the players are "hard chargers." :Thumbs:
It also helps if it's still 1984. It's not.
Jackson05 Wrote:It also helps if it's still 1984. It's not.

No doubt. Just pointing out that it has been done. It was truly one of the better teams I ever saw and barely had enough players to scrimmage each other but managed to go unbeaten and win AAA handily that season. (you know, back when there were only 4 classes. :ThumbsSmile
Hatz Wrote:No doubt. Just pointing out that it has been done. It was truly one of the better teams I ever saw and barely had enough players to scrimmage each other but managed to go unbeaten and win AAA handily that season. (you know, back when there were only 4 classes. :ThumbsSmile

:Thumbs:
Cellking Wrote:Danville will struggle this year. New Staff, accountability, doing things a different way, It will take time for the Kids to buy in. Look for Middlesboro to finish 2nd in Dist. behind Somerset.

I would not pick Middlesboro to beat Danville. Just my opinion. Somerset is ahead of both clearly.
I hate to hear talk like this about a quality program. The admirals have always been one of the premier programs and it is awkward to hear them struggling. I remember we had a few years like that recently. Hopefully they can right the ship and get back to being a power.
Harp knew the cupboard was thining! Danville will still be a quality team. Too much pride not to be.
Heard they lost couple of their best players yesterday. Anyone confirm?
I thought Danville was going to be as good as they were last year..

But I guess it's good for Middlesboro. We might beat Danville now, which I actually had as one of our losses.
[Image:

]
Hate this for one of the traditional powers. Hope to see them bounce back in near future.
I think Danville may have some growing pains this year. But look for them to still be a power in the future.
The 36 Blitz high school football preview of the Danville Admirals.

http://www.wtvq.com/content/localsports/...QzExw.cspx
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Injuries?
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:The 36 Blitz high school football preview of the Danville Admirals.

http://www.wtvq.com/content/localsports/...QzExw.cspx

That preview is a year old, at least...Sam Harp left Danville after last season.
Those players rejoined the team a couple of days later. FYI