Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowling Green Purples 6-0 after day 1 in 7 on 7 @ Dalton, Ga.
Purples win their Pool going undefeated in day 1. Fant catches game winner at end of game against huge school out of Georgia (coached by former Hoover High School coach in Alabama).

Pool Tourney is Sunday. Good luck Purples and bring it home.
impressive...so is fant a mr football candidate?
Purples finish 3rd out of 42 teams in Dalton, GA.

Very strong performance by the Purples as they defeat national power Colquitt Co, GA and other southern powers in Fletcher, FL; Griffin, GA; Cedar Grove, GA; Scotlandsville, LA; Baylor, TN; Heritage Christian, GA; and a few others.

Purples eventually fell to Cartersville, GA who won the 7v7 tournament there last year.

A great showing!
birdman44 Wrote:impressive...so is fant a mr football candidate?

I would say Fant has to be a Mr. Football contender. The kid is sure fun to watch. Also, QB Devin Hayes played 13 games in the tournament without an interception. They are loaded, but like Highlands, they have a tough schedule this year. Kentucky will have several teams nationally ranked this season.
adopted purple Wrote:I would say Fant has to be a Mr. Football contender. The kid is sure fun to watch. Also, QB Devin Hayes played 13 games in the tournament without an interception. They are loaded, but like Highlands, they have a tough schedule this year. Kentucky will have several teams nationally ranked this season.

Think we could have 4? trinity,bowling green,highlands,and lex Cath. I think it's possible.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Think we could have 4? trinity,bowling green,highlands,and lex Cath. I think it's possible.

I think three is more likely. Which three is a different story. Bowling Green opens with Lexington Catholic and plays St. X. two weeks later. That could knock out 2 of the 5 possibilities. I know LC plays Highlands and Trinity plays St. X. When everybody gets done beating each other up, I think three would be the most we can hope for.
adopted purple Wrote:I think three is more likely. Which three is a different story. Bowling Green opens with Lexington Catholic and plays St. X. two weeks later. That could knock out 2 of the 5 possibilities. I know LC plays Highlands and Trinity plays St. X. When everybody gets done beating each other up, I think three would be the most we can hope for.

Good points. Regardless it is going to be a very good year for KY football with alot of good teams. I wish we still had the old 4 class playoff system could you imagine playoff games where these teams paths would cross? Or even back in like the 70's when you had the state champ vs the Louisville champ. A championship game between highlands and trinity or Bowling green and trinity sure would be special I think.