Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The intolerant left: Preacher gets attacked at gay Pridefest
First amendment rights for me but not for thee. A pack of gay advocates attack a street preacher who was peacefully protesting their "Pridefest."

[YOUTUBE="Intolerant pack of gay activists attacks preacher"]P-9KrFulGtU[/YOUTUBE]
Can't see it,

Googled it .

Preacher was definitely within his rights .

What bothers me so much about everyone going on about equality , is they only want equality as long as it suits them. That's gay and straight people.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Can't see it,

Googled it .

Preacher was definitely within his rights .

What bothers me so much about everyone going on about equality , is they only want equality as long as it suits them. That's gay and straight people.
Thanks. This link should work. Black-on-White violence in cities like Washington, DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia has been virtually unreported at the national level since Obama took office. Many of the parks and trails in Washington, DC are not safe for white people, day or night. The attacks get reported locally but they are never given the attention that the few cases of white on black crime gets. Violence at gay pride events and other liberal "celebrations," likewise, rarely get much attention on the national level.

[YOUTUBE="Gay Pridefest Beatdown of Street Preacher"]ddGEsZRVJ8k#aid=P-Vas8IDG10[/YOUTUBE]
^Maybe someday you'll figure it out.
TheRealVille Wrote:^Maybe someday you'll figure it out.
Maybe I will. I figured you out. Any comment on the criminals who harassed and attacked this preacher for exercising his First Amendment rights?
...[YOUTUBE="Pack attacks street preacher at gay Pridefest"]k1KgpS-2c38[/YOUTUBE]
I don't think they should have beat him up. I also don't think he should have been protesting at a "gay pride" thing. He should have kept his religion at home, or church. Maybe the preacher shouldn't have said "repent, or got to hell".
Hopefully, the two guys doing the punching will get what they deserve.
TheRealVille Wrote:I don't think they should have beat him up. I also don't think he should have been protesting at a "gay pride" thing. He should have kept his religion at home, or church. Maybe the preacher shouldn't have said "repent, or got to hell".

I would agree that the preacher should have been elsewhere. And, of course, the homosexuals should stay away from rallies of those supporting natural relationships.

Nothing is gained by either side other than to increase the hate and confrontation. Neither side is going to change anyone from the other side because those who "protest" and those who "gather" are the hardline supporters of their individual causes. No one is open to discussion and I suspect that those who come to protest are really looking for trouble- both sides.

So, both sides should stay away.
The preachers had as much right to protest in public as the gays and lesbians did. They appear to have been occupying an area near the edge of the park, where they should have been easy enough to ignore. Imagine what the media coverage if this had been a case of a gang of Tea Party members beating up a Code Pink lunatic.
I certainly agree that the preacher had every right to be there. I just question his purpose in being there. Was he there to be seen? I suspect that is the case. Or, was he there to cause a confrontation? I suspect that was also his purpose. Or, was he there to "change" hearts? If so, he was almost certainly wasting his time.

No one is more disheartened by the flow of our culture toward accepting as natural that which is clearly not natural. That includes, among other matters, the indisputable murder of our unborn children and the acceptance of clearly unnatural relationships between human beings. I vehemently oppose and reject both "practices". I, to be perfectly honest, have no tolerance of or respect for the repugnant and abominable activities of baby killers or homosexuals. I will not allow their "beliefs" to be rammed down my throat by them or by a liberal, immoral government.

Nonetheless, the preacher got some publicity and some sympathy (certainly not from the media) but did nothing but add more damage to his "cause".
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I certainly agree that the preacher had every right to be there. I just question his purpose in being there. Was he there to be seen? I suspect that that is the case. Or, was he there to cause a confrontation? I suspect that was also his purpose. Or, was he there to "change" hearts? If so, he was almost certainly wasting his time.

No one is more disheartened by the flow of our culture toward accepting as natural that which is clearly not natural. That includes, among other matters, the indisputable murder of our unborn children and the acceptance of clearly unnatural relationships between human beings. I vehemently oppose and reject both "practices".

Nonetheless, the preacher got some publicity and some sympathy (certainly not from the media) but did nothing but add more damage to his "cause".
Of course, the preachers were there to be seen and heard - but so were the gays and lesbians. If the thugs who attacked the preacher wanted to be shielded from dissenting opinions, then they should have reserved a private venue. The girls who initiated the confrontation should also have been hauled to jail, IMO, but the thugs who threw the punches deserve to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. At least one of them reportedly has a long rap sheet already.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Of course, the preachers were there to be seen and heard - but so were the gays and lesbians. If the thugs who attacked the preacher wanted to be shielded from dissenting opinions, then they should have reserved a private venue. The girls who initiated the confrontation should also have been hauled to jail, IMO, but the thugs who threw the punches deserve to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. At least one of them reportedly has a long rap sheet already.

I agree that the offenders should be prosecuted. I doubt that that will happen. We now live in a country where, although allegedly all are created equal, some groups presently held in "favor" by the media and the government seem to be treated more "equally" than do others.
I watched the video and didn't hear either of the two preachers say anything about repenting or going to hell. Which is exactly the truth of it BTW. I heard the news reporter call it was a melee and a fight. Funny thing about that description is that I never did see either preacher throw a punch. It looked much more like assault and battery to me.

Here is what God said about venues from which to proclaim His Word. Luke 14:23 (KJV)
"23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled."

If folks won't go to church to hear the truth, we are to take the truth to them. Who's to say whether or not some people there were considering the homosexual lifestyle and, having seen the ugliness of their behavior against God's servants, will now turn away?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
While I don't condone what happened, the preachers should have stayed home, and minded their own business.

Taking your "truth" to them started this mess, TRT.
TheRealVille Wrote:While I don't condone what happened, the preachers should have stayed home, and minded their own business.

The preachers had as much right to speak in a public park as the gays and lesbians did. The attackers should have minded their own business, as should have the bimbos that instigated the confrontation.
TheRealVille Wrote:While I don't condone what happened, the preachers should have stayed home, and minded their own business.

Thanks, but It isn't my truth, it is THE TRUTH, GOD'S TRUTH in point of fact. And that being indisputable, are you suggesting that mankind should listen to and obey your word; "the preachers should have stayed home, and minded their own business."? Or should they listen to and obey God? "23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled."

That may seem like a tough one to you. But, from where I sit the preachers have stayed home quite long enough. It's time to challenge sin while yet there is some chance of success.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Thanks, but It isn't my truth, it is THE TRUTH, GOD'S TRUTH in point of fact. And that being indisputable, are you suggesting that mankind should listen to and obey your word; "the preachers should have stayed home, and minded their own business."? Or should they listen to and obey God? "23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled."

That may seem like a tough one to you. But, from where I sit the preachers have stayed home quite long enough. It's time to challenge sin while yet there is some chance of success.
It's not a bit tough for me, I don't believe one word of it. But, while you are on the highways and hedges, if someone kicks your ass, you should be able to figure out if you had stayed home, it wouldn't have happened. Everybody doesn't believe in your version of sin. That's the beauty of America, they don't have to.
TheRealVille Wrote:It's not a bit tough for me, I don't believe one word of it. But, while you are on the highways and hedges, if someone kicks your ass, you should be able to figure out if you had stayed home, it wouldn't have happened. Everybody doesn't believe in your version of sin. That's the beauty of America, they don't have to.

But, the horrific reality of the judgment will bring with it the realization and penalty for my version of sin. And, since this life is measured in terms that equate it's length with the appearance of a momentary warm vapor in cold air, we won't have long to wait for verification.
James 4:14 (KJV)
14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've been a pretty decent judge of character up to now, not always right but, most of the time I am.

I'm not judging "you", but your character when I say this...Deep inside I feel as if you do indeed condone the actions of those that attacked the preachers. I hope I'm wrong and apologize if so.
TheRealThing Wrote:But, the horrific reality of the judgment will bring with it the realization and penalty for my version of sin. And, since this life is measured in terms that equate it's length with the appearance of a momentary warm vapor in cold air, we won't have long to wait for verification.
James 4:14 (KJV)
14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

^ No, it won't.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:I've been a pretty decent judge of character up to now, not always right but, most of the time I am.

I'm not judging "you", but your character when I say this...Deep inside I feel as if you do indeed condone the actions of those that attacked the preachers. I hope I'm wrong and apologize if so.
I don't condone what they did, but you have to admit, the preachers asked for it.
TheRealVille Wrote:I don't condone what they did, but you have to admit, the preachers asked for it.

So walking down the street holding a sign and voicing your opinion is asking to be attacked?

Friends, family, coworkers and strangers adamantly disagree with me on a regular basis. Not one time have I thought they were asking me to punch them in the face.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:So walking down the street holding a sign and voicing your opinion is asking to be attacked?

Friends, family, coworkers and strangers adamantly disagree with me on a regular basis. Not one time have I thought they were asking me to punch them in the face.
They weren't merely walking down the street. They brought themselves, and their signs right into the middle of the fest. Like I said, I don't condone the actions of the fest goers, but the moment the preachers got in the middle of the fest they had to know they were asking for it. Asking to get your ass kicked is different that the legality of the ass kickers doing it.
TheRealVille Wrote:They weren't merely walking down the street. They brought themselves, and their signs right into the middle of the fest. Like I said, I don't condone the actions of the fest goers, but the moment the preachers got in the middle of the fest they had to know they were asking for it. Asking to get your ass kicked is different that the legality of the ass kickers doing it.
You are doing nothing but blaming the victim. The preachers were not in the "middle of the fest" as you claim - they were near the edge of the park. The gays and lesbians who harassed them and then attacked were the aggressors and the video clearly shows that was the case. The park did not look so crowded that it would have been difficult for the gay activists to have ignored the preachers.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You are doing nothing but blaming the victim. The preachers were not in the "middle of the fest" as you claim - they were near the edge of the park. The gays and lesbians who harassed them and then attacked were the aggressors and the video clearly shows that was the case. The park did not look so crowded that it would have been difficult for the gay activists to have ignored the preachers.
Look at your video. :52
TheRealThing Wrote:I watched the video and didn't hear either of the two preachers say anything about repenting or going to hell. Which is exactly the truth of it BTW. I heard the news reporter call it was a melee and a fight. Funny thing about that description is that I never did see either preacher throw a punch. It looked much more like assault and battery to me.

Here is what God said about venues from which to proclaim His Word. Luke 14:23 (KJV)
"23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled."

If folks won't go to church to hear the truth, we are to take the truth to them. Who's to say whether or not some people there were considering the homosexual lifestyle and, having seen the ugliness of their behavior against God's servants, will now turn away?
The cameraman said they did.
TheRealVille Wrote:Look at your video. :52
I see a guy holding a sign surrounded by a group of thugs. I also see that the sidewalk and street is in clear view and within 30, maybe 50 feet of him. There is no excuse for what happened to the preacher and he did not "ask for it," in anyway whatsoever. The fat, bald, ugly shirtless thug already had 29 arrests to his credit. Make all the excuses for him that you want, but the preachers were doing nothing but exercising their First Amendment rights in a public park. It was a cowardly attack.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I see a guy holding a sign surrounded by a group of thugs. I also see that the sidewalk and street is in clear view and within 30, maybe 50 feet of him. There is no excuse for what happened to the preacher and he did not "ask for it," in anyway whatsoever. The fat, bald, ugly shirtless thug already had 29 arrests to his credit. Make all the excuses for him that you want, but the preachers were doing nothing but exercising their First Amendment rights in a public park. It was a cowardly attack.
I guess it depends on one's definition of "edge". In this case, I guess the edge extended about 30-40 feet.
Yes, it was cowardly, but the preachers should have stayed home. 1st amendment rights or not, the gay fest people didn't want to hear their bible thumping. Sometimes common sense should lead you in exercising your 1st amendment rights. If you go to a gay "thing", telling them they should repent or go to hell, you've got to know you might get your ass kicked.