Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Wayyy Too Early 3A Top 10
Agree or Disagree:

1. Central- Not only are the Jackets grandfathered in as the defacto #1..they return possibly the best defensive unit in the State of KY.

2. Wayne County- Cardinals pushed Central to their limit last season and return a ton of firepower on offense and defense while keeping their lines relatively in tact.

3. Belfry- Pirates return possibly the best backfield in KY. Heavy losses on the line and on defense will require huge development to reach the level of play Central will bring.

4. Bell County- Bobcats were hit hard by graduation but Bell County will do what Bell County does. Still enough in the cupboard to be acknowledged amongst the top of the class.

5. Bourbon County- Colonels lose "All Everything" RB Kentayvous Hopkins... but return basically everyone else including QB Charby Pope and his top two receiving targets in Johnson and Hilander.

6. Paducah Tilghman- The Blue Tornado is a fickle mistress. High expectations were not met last season, but numerous transfers should help make one of the most athletic teams in 3A be in the picture.

7. South Warren- Last season was a break-thru season for the Spartans and with a strong returning group of skill players on offense they will be a factor.

8. Ft. Campbell- Falcons' numbers have been down..but returning a near 2000 yard rusher in Tristen Luke will make them a threat.

9. Mason County- Royals return everything they need at the skill positions and all but one of their defensive playmakers. Dont be surprised to see the Royals 10-0

10. Monroe County- Falcons lose their superstar QB from the Semi-finalist squad who nearly de-throned Central. Lots of work to do to stay afloat in a loaded Western Bracket.
Good Job. Things are right on. I really think Wayne will be the real deal. Shawn goes a Great job.
I think Wayne County wins that region this year.
Kinda weird seeing Wayne Co being considered the #2 3A team in the state but, I can't disagree with it. It's unfortunate that they're in the same region as Central!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Watch out for the Blue Tornado. Loan Oak skill has migrated.
Wayne County played Bell tough last year without their QB. They had Central beat in playoffs ( 1st and goal on about 4 yd. line) A score would have put them up 2 scores with about 2:30 to go. Had a movement call and a questionable call by official that took them out of scoring position. Wayne will be a Tough out for anyone this season.
Looks Good EKU!!!
Wayne has a great chance to be in BG with everything returning. First they got to unseat the champs in Central, and not to mention win a district that has Bell and Corbin in it. They will be battle tested com playoff time.

Looking at last year's scores Central had a tougher time winning, so bodes well for all challengers. 3A will be a class to watch next year.
TongueirateSho belfry my number 1 pick.would love to see Wayne co but belfry is number :1: TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
As has become the norm in recent years, Tilghman will have some D1 & D2 level talent but can't shake the recurring and mystifying affliction of being unable to win games that count.
Tica Wrote:As has become the norm in recent years, Tilghman will have some D1 & D2 level talent but can't shake the recurring and mystifying affliction of being unable to win games that count.

Aside from a State Title in 2009, I could agree with the statement. :Thumbs:
Barring injury & if they qualify academically Central's trio of linebackers should go D1, Styles , Francis & Mobely
I would switch Fort Campbell and PT in the positions they are currently listed above. The reasons are that Fort Campbell proved at the end of the year they could make the changes necessary to beat PT and they return quite a bit. The other reason is, PT has a total lack of self discipline. That is the sole problem with this team. They have more talent each year than most teams could hope to assemble in four years. They just self destruct and get stupid major penalties all the time. I don't think it will change this year as they have already had their first Royal Rumble in a 7 on 7 game of all things. It just seems to me that they feed off their head coach. He seems like a likeable person but lacks the self control at times to keep from getting the 15 yarders. This trickles right down the line when other coaches and players see this, they will follow suit.
Central is number 1 until someone proves otherwise.
I believe Central is Like 55-1 in 6 years of 3A, with the one loss by a field goal in the semi's @ tilghman.
They have NEVER lost a 3A reg season game.
Tilghman scrimmages John Hardin and Warren Central Saturday @ JH. That could/should be both instructive and predictive.
Tica, I wish the tornado well. JH will be a tough task. I hope they can use their god given abilities and keep the distractions down to a minimum. With the talent they have at hand they should be able to compete with anyone.
I think Russell will surprise a lot of people this year