Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allison Lundergan Grimes is running for Senate
TheRealVille Wrote:I didn't misrepresent anything. The first link was to my google search, and the other links came off of it. I just posted the links showing them tied. I didn't look at who did the polling.

The first job for sweet Alison and her supporters will be to try to introduce her to the 75% or more of Kentuckians who never heard of her. After all, her "accomplishments" are meager.
TheRealVille Wrote:I didn't misrepresent anything. The first link was to my google search, and the other links came off of it. I just posted the links showing them tied. I didn't look at who did the polling.
So, you did a Google search, found three search results showing exactly the same 45%-45% result, and just assumed that the three articles that you found referred to three different polls without actually reading the articles before posting links to them. I can almost believe that explanation. If you would prefer to be known as a fool instead of a liar, then that is okay with me. Confusednicker:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:So, you did a Google search, found three search results showing exactly the same 45%-45% result, and just assumed that the three articles that you found referred to three different polls without actually reading the articles before posting links to them. I can almost believe that explanation. If you would prefer to be known as a fool instead of a liar, then that is okay with me. Confusednicker:
I never said they referred to three different polls. Talk is cheap, being unknown behind a computer screen.
TheRealVille Wrote:The ones that have them tied?
http://www.google.com/search?client=safa...8&oe=UTF-8

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2...d_win.html

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/ke...91931.html
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/sena...-mcconnell

TheRealVille Wrote:[COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"]I never said they referred to three different polls[/COLOR]. Talk is cheap, being unknown behind a computer screen.
There was one single poll that showed the two candidates tied. You posted four links and referred to them as multiple polls that showed Grimes and McConnell tied. You are right, talk is cheap. In fact, when talk consists of one lie after another, it is worthless.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:List the ones that lasted longer than a summer, documented by somebody other than his lying campaign staff. It seems that he just worked when he wanted to and he didn't feel like working very often. His do-nothing career was great preparation for his current role as a do-nothing president. The $100 million that he is blowing on his African trip (not including the $7 billion in economic aid that he promised) would have paid for a lot of White House tours for students.

Fireworks displays have been canceled around the world at military bases but Obama shows no inclination to slow the pace of his expensive vacations. Hospital workers at veteran's hospitals have been forced to take furloughs, but the Obama spending spree continues unabated.

Obama's job approval rating is continuing to decline, so most people are obviously beginning to understand what a failure he has been. No wonder he decided to have somebody else announce that his administration will not be enforcing part of the Obamacare law until after the 2014 elections. He is our first Outlaw President. He violates his oath of office every day that he "serves."
They are listed. Use your brilliant search knowledge and find them on BGR. Bold: That's some funny stuff there.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...siness-am/

Quote:Below, compiled from and cross-checked among a host of sources, is what we believe to be the most thorough account of the president's work history. (Several details from his early years are unknown, and will remain so for now; the White House did not respond to our request to verify the accuracy of our list and fill in the blanks.)

1975 or 1976 — ice cream scooper, Baskin-Robbins — Honolulu — Obama claims to have lost his taste for ice cream during this, his first job, the duration of which is not publicly known.

Date unknown — deli counter clerk, business name unknown — Honolulu — Obama had a summer job at a deli counter in Hawaii, making sandwiches, his spokesman said during the presidential campaign.

1980 — gift shop sales clerk, business name unknown — Honolulu — Obama worked at a gift shop in Hawaii selling island souvenirs the summer after his freshman year at Occidental College in California.

Sometime between 1981-1983 — construction worker, business name unknown — New York — Obama cleared a construction site for a summer on Manhattan's Upper West Side while attending Columbia University, the Associated Press reported. Obama referred to this job in Dreams From My Father .

Sometime between 1981-1983 — position unknown, company unknown — New York — During his years at Columbia University, Obama worked one summer for a private company processing health records of either police or firefighters, his spokesman said during the presidential campaign.

Sometime between 1981-1983 — telemarketer, company unknown — New York — During one school year at Columbia, Obama was a telemarketer in midtown Manhattan selling New York Times subscriptions over the phone, his spokesman said during the presidential campaign.

1983-84 — research assistant, Business International Corporation — New York — At this firm that helped American companies do business abroad, Obama was a researcher and writer for a reference service called Financing Foreign Operations; among his duties was writing a newsletter called Business International Money Report.

1985 — project coordinator, New York Public Interest Research Group — New York — Obama mobilized student volunteers at City College in Harlem for NYPIRG, a nonprofit organization that promotes consumer, environmental and government reform. He promoted activism around issues such as mass transit, higher education, tuition, financial aid and recycling.

1985-1988 — community organizer, Developing Communities Project — Chicago — Obama advocated for asbestos removal, job training and public-works services at this community organization on Chicago's South Side.

1988 — research assistant, Lawrence Tribe — student assistant to this Harvard Law School professor and renowned constitutional scholar.

1989 — summer associate, Hopkins & Sutter — Obama held this job the summer between his first and second years of law school.

1990 — summer associate, Sidley & Austin — After his second year of law school Obama was a summer associate for one of the world's oldest and largest law firms, where he met Michelle Robinson, his future wife.

1990-1991 — president, Harvard Law Review — Obama was the first African-American to hold this prestigious position.

1991-1992 — executive director, Project Vote — Ran a campaign that registered nearly 150,000 black voters for the 1992 elections.

1993-2004 — associate and partner (starting 1996), Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland — Chicago — defended clients ranging from landlords to a securities trader, and handled employment-discrimination and voting-rights cases at this Chicago law firm.

1993-2004 — part-time lecturer, University of Chicago Law School — Chicago — lectured on constitutional law.

1995 — author, Times Books — published memoir, Dreams From My Father.

1997-2004 — state senator, Illinois — senator from Illinois' 13th District on Chicago's South Side.

2005-2008 — U.S. Senator — represented Illinois in the U.S. Senate.

2006 -- Author, Random House — published The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream.

2009 — President, United States — Washington — In his current position, Obama is the head of state of the most powerful country in the world. He runs the executive branch and serves as commander in chief of the armed forces.
^ How much did you work, more than summers, Hoot, during your college years. Which, btw, were about 1/2 of the years that Obama went.
TheRealVille Wrote:They are listed. Use your brilliant search knowledge and find them on BGR. Bold: That's some funny stuff there.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...siness-am/

Quote:List the ones that lasted longer than a summer, documented by somebody other than his lying campaign staff. It seems that he just worked when he wanted to and he didn't feel like working very often. His do-nothing career was great preparation for his current role as a do-nothing president. The $100 million that he is blowing on his African trip (not including the $7 billion in economic aid that he promised) would have paid for a lot of White House tours for students.

Fireworks displays have been canceled around the world at military bases but Obama shows no inclination to slow the pace of his expensive vacations. Hospital workers at veteran's hospitals have been forced to take furloughs, but the Obama spending spree continues unabated.

Obama's job approval rating is continuing to decline, so most people are obviously beginning to understand what a failure he has been. No wonder he decided to have somebody else announce that his administration will not be enforcing part of the Obamacare law until after the 2014 elections. He is our first Outlaw President. He violates his oath of office every day that he "serves."
Quote:Below, compiled from and cross-checked among a host of sources, is what we believe to be the most thorough account of the president's work history. (Several details from his early years are unknown, and will remain so for now; [B]the White House did not respond to our request to verify the accuracy of our list [/B]and fill in the blanks.)

1975 or 1976 — ice cream scooper, Baskin-Robbins — Honolulu — Obama claims to have lost his taste for ice cream during this, his first job, the duration of which is not publicly known.

Date unknown — deli counter clerk, business name unknown — Honolulu — Obama had a summer job at a deli counter in Hawaii, making sandwiches, his spokesman said during the presidential campaign.

1980 — gift shop sales clerk, business name unknown — Honolulu — Obama worked at a gift shop in Hawaii selling island souvenirs the summer after his freshman year at Occidental College in California.

Sometime between 1981-1983 — construction worker, business name unknown — New York — Obama cleared a construction site for a summer on Manhattan's Upper West Side while attending Columbia University, the Associated Press reported. Obama referred to this job in Dreams From My Father .

Sometime between 1981-1983 — position unknown, company unknown — New York — During his years at Columbia University, Obama worked one summer for a private company processing health records of either police or firefighters, his spokesman said during the presidential campaign.

Sometime between 1981-1983 — telemarketer, company unknown — New York — During one school year at Columbia, Obama was a telemarketer in midtown Manhattan selling New York Times subscriptions over the phone, his spokesman said during the presidential campaign.

1983-84 — research assistant, Business International Corporation — New York — At this firm that helped American companies do business abroad, Obama was a researcher and writer for a reference service called Financing Foreign Operations; among his duties was writing a newsletter called Business International Money Report.

1985 — project coordinator, New York Public Interest Research Group — New York — Obama mobilized student volunteers at City College in Harlem for NYPIRG, a nonprofit organization that promotes consumer, environmental and government reform. He promoted activism around issues such as mass transit, higher education, tuition, financial aid and recycling.

1985-1988 — community organizer, Developing Communities Project — Chicago — Obama advocated for asbestos removal, job training and public-works services at this community organization on Chicago's South Side.

1988 — research assistant, Lawrence Tribe — student assistant to this Harvard Law School professor and renowned constitutional scholar.

1989 — summer associate, Hopkins & Sutter — Obama held this job the summer between his first and second years of law school.

1990 — summer associate, Sidley & Austin — After his second year of law school Obama was a summer associate for one of the world's oldest and largest law firms, where he met Michelle Robinson, his future wife.

1990-1991 — president, Harvard Law Review — Obama was the first African-American to hold this prestigious position.

1991-1992 — executive director, Project Vote — Ran a campaign that registered nearly 150,000 black voters for the 1992 elections.

1993-2004 — associate and partner (starting 1996), Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland — Chicago — defended clients ranging from landlords to a securities trader, and handled employment-discrimination and voting-rights cases at this Chicago law firm.

1993-2004 — part-time lecturer, University of Chicago Law School — Chicago — lectured on constitutional law.

1995 — author, Times Books — published memoir, Dreams From My Father.

1997-2004 — state senator, Illinois — senator from Illinois' 13th District on Chicago's South Side.

2005-2008 — U.S. Senator — represented Illinois in the U.S. Senate.

2006 -- Author, Random House — published The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream.

2009 — President, United States — Washington — In his current position, Obama is the head of state of the most powerful country in the world. He runs the executive branch and serves as commander in chief of the armed forces.
- See more at: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...4tkm5.dpuf
Yeah, the bold text is some funny stuff. Obama was the most unqualified successful presidential candidate in history by far. He shows everyday that he has no clue what made this country great, nor does he seem to realize that this is a great country, no thanks to him.
TheRealVille Wrote:^ How much did you work, more than summers, Hoot, during your college years. Which, btw, were about 1/2 of the years that Obama went.
I worked every summer while I was in college doing real jobs. If working in government jobs qualified people to be great political candidates, then our greatest presidents would have spent the most time in political office. In reality, the opposite is true. We have very little knowledge of Obama's life other than his own account because all of the records that would document his claims seem to be sealed.
Much of the above information is sketchy at best and not particularly impressive without knowing details. For example, in regard to his two summer internships with law firms, was he hired on merit or as quota man?

The position of prestige with the Harvard Law Review is being editor- not president. Editor is an earned position while president is merely an elected position.

The list does indicate a lot of left wing endeavors.

But I'll give him a little credit. So far as I know, unlike his wife who is not, he is still a member in good standing with the Illinois Bar Association.

But, what does any of this have to do with sweet Alison and her "accomplishments". I do feel sure she never sold ice cream at Baskin-Robbins.
TheRealVille Wrote:One thing we can be sure of, McConnell will run his usual rolling in the mud campaign.
He's wasting no time.

Quote:Three days after Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes announced her run for U.S. Senate, the Bluegrass State's only Democratic congressperson believes her incumbent rival is already loaded with fear.

Rep. John Yarmuth (D-Ky.) appeared on MSNBC Thursday morning, claiming Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) is "scared to death" about the prospect of losing to Grimes.

“They’re showing how much fear they have about this race because our airwaves are already crammed with negative ads," Yarmuth said, according to Politico. “We know he’s scared to death.”

McConnell's team released a bizarre web video after her announcement, loaded with how Grimes' last name rhymes with things. Back in late May, Democratic-leaning Public Policy Polling found McConnell in a then-hypothetical tie with Grimes.

Grimes stands as the first Democrat to challenge McConnell's 2014 reelection bid. Actress Ashley Judd had seriously considered entering the ring, but announced in late March that she decided against it. Judd endorsed Grimes on Tuesday, expressing how she was "thrilled" and "ready to fight" for the Democrat.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/04...46461.html
The GOP has even put up a "fake" Alison for Senate website.

http://www.whas11.com/community/blogs/po...13111.html

Quote:LOUISVILLE, Ky (WHAS11) -- A Republican funded website that - at first blush - presents itself as in support of Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes, is being blasted by the Grimes campaign.
"It should be no surprise that Senator McConnell and his Washington friends will do anything to distract Kentucky voters away from his 30-year Washington voting record," Grimes spokesman Jonathan Hurst told WHAS11 in a statement Friday afternoon.
The first images seen by visitors to the GrimesForSenate.org website, paid for by the National Republican Senatorial Committee, are photos of Grimes and President Barack Obama, book ending an "Alison Grimes Senate" logo.
The site claims that Grimes would be a rubber stamp for Obama, "is just not ready" and does not reflect Kentucky's beliefs, particularly on the use of coal, which the Obama administration has discouraged through a number of policies.
"This is another failed attempt by Washington insiders to try to deceive Kentucky voters," Hurst said in the statement. "However, Kentuckians know that Alison Lundergan Grimes is the only candidate who will always stand up to both parties to put their families first. That's why AlisonForKY.com is getting an overwhelmingly strong response from all across the state."
The legitimate Grimes campaign website was launched on Friday, four days after she announced her bid to unseat Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky).
"The fact is that Ms. Lundergan Grimes is ill-equipped, ill-prepared and just isn't ready for this position," said NRSC spokesman Brook Hougesen. "It's strange that a candidate would announce a U.S. Senate campaign without a website, but in this case the obvious reason is that Grimes and liberal Washington allies hope to keep as much about her hidden from Kentucky voters as possible. We share no such fears."

Meanwhile, the McConnell Senate Committee has added a crown on a photo of Grimes, naming her "Obama's Kentucky Candidate" on another a website of the same name.
TheRealVille Wrote:He's wasting no time.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/04...46461.html
see post #30
http://grimesforsenate.org/

:Clap::biglmao:
:hilarious: Registering a *.org domain through GoDaddy.com is $7.99/year. I wonder how many other domains the Republicans registered before Grimes or her campaign thought of it. Amateur mistakes are already hurting Grimes' campaign. Maybe the McConnell campaign will let Grimes bid on the domains.
Hoot Gibson Wrote::hilarious: Registering a *.org domain through GoDaddy.com is $7.99/year. I wonder how many other domains the Republicans registered before Grimes or her campaign thought of it. Amateur mistakes are already hurting Grimes' campaign. Maybe the McConnell campaign will let Grimes bid on the domains.
That .org site is a republican made site. Alison's site is below.

http://www.alisonforky.com/

The donate button on the fake .org site takes you here.
https://www.nrsc.org/donation/ky/?utm_so...sforsenate
TheRealVille Wrote:That .org site is a republican made site. Alison's site is below.

http://www.alisonforky.com/

The donate button on the fake .org site takes you here.
https://www.nrsc.org/donation/ky/?utm_so...sforsenate
Why did you respond to my post to make your plea for donations? I just listed the maximum price that Republicans probably paid for their website. There is nothing fake about the website. It is real. Click on it and you will see Grimes' biggest supporter. :Clap:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Why did you respond to my post to make your plea for donations? I just listed the maximum price that Republicans probably paid for their website. There is nothing fake about the website. It is real. Click on it and you will see Grimes' biggest supporter. :Clap:
What amateur mistakes?
TheRealVille Wrote:What amateur mistakes?
Not tying up the most likely web addresses that people might enter to make donations to her campaign for less than $8/each.