Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell County 2013
Russell county got any scrimages coming up after camp or anything?
Marion on the 15th of August.
Home or away?
Home, I think.
PreacherVol71 Wrote:^^
That is a distinct possibility. He is a 6'3 200 pounder with some athleticism. From what I have seen so far he can make a lot of the throws you would want a Qb to make. IMHO if we can leave Blake at reciever it makes us a better team. Nothing has been promised to anyone. I believe our coaches will put the players on the field and in the positions that give us the best chance to win ballgames!

Are you talking about Smiddy from Southwestern?
Yes, the transfer was official last week.
Preacherman, I know youve probably been to camp ,how are the boys looking?
The coaching staff seems to be real pleased. The boys have worked really hard! Some new faces have stepped up in several positions. The backs and recievers look good and the offensive line has showed big improvement even without two starters ( should have both back soon). Both QB's looked sharp. We will need to stay healthy however because we don't have a lot of depth in some areas. Kickoffs are ok, we will miss Lucas but should be able to get the ball in the endzone some. New kicker should be able to nail extra polnts consistently and has an above average leg albeit nothing like Lucas.
Does it work out the best for the Lakers if Smiddy is able to start and Blake is at WR?

Is he commuting from Pulaski County or staying with a relative?
I'm not sure. I know that his mother is from Russell County.
As far as quarterback is concerned, I expect to see both Blake and Austin take snaps. I would expect our coaches to keep defensive coordinators guessing as much as possible.
I know this is off topic, but I was curious where Nick Britt is attending college.

Thanks
Campellsville
He will do well there. He has amazing speed and ability to change direction. I don't buy into the lack of size issue. Great backs don't get hit enough for size to matter and he fits that bill.
Football1 Wrote:He will do well there. He has amazing speed and ability to change direction. I don't buy into the lack of size issue. Great backs don't get hit enough for size to matter and he fits that bill.

I agree, sometimes I think his size even helped him hide a little bit maybe, and then burst through. I think he will play some this season, I think they have several backs there already, so I dont know how much, maybe special teams, Ithink he was d1 player though.
One thing is certain. We are delighted that he is not going to be running the ball for RC when we visit you all later this year!! LOL. He killed us.
[YOUTUBE="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F-HWYMyyE1E&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DF-HWYMyyE1E"][/YOUTUBE]

Promo Video for the season
PreacherVol71 Wrote:[YOUTUBE="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F-HWYMyyE1E&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DF-HWYMyyE1E"][/YOUTUBE]

Promo Video for the season

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F-HWYMyyE1E...-HWYMyyE1E
Football1 Wrote:One thing is certain. We are delighted that he is not going to be running the ball for RC when we visit you all later this year!! LOL. He killed us.

Yeah maybe we can find a few more runners this year, and maybe a few more gifts from Gist lol.
Does Russell county scrimmage today?
Yes, we scrimmage Marion tonight at 5:30. I know the boys are ready to hit someone in a different color jersey!