Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 6 Pikeville 5 (15th Region Semis)
Thought this deserved it's own thread. Just an excellent game. Belfry showed some heart to come back and win this one. Gotta love a game like this as a baseball fan. Hamilton is even a stud with a bat. Kid has a bright future.
Details? Last I heard it was 5-2 PHS in the bottom of the 6th.
Belfry was down 5-2 going into the 6th and rallied to take a 6-5 lead. Pikeville had a man on 3rd with 1 out in the top of the 7th and the Pikeville batter flew out to left field, the runner tagged from 3rd and the Belfry LF made a perfect throw for the catcher to apply the tag. That's how it ended. Couldn't have asked for a more exciting game.

Congrats Belfry!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Belfry was down 5-2 going into the 6th and rallied to take a 6-5 lead. Pikeville had a man on 3rd with 1 out in the top of the 7th and the Pikeville batter flew out to left field, the runner tagged from 3rd and the Belfry LF made a perfect throw for the catcher to apply the tag. That's how it ended. Couldn't have asked for a more exciting game.

Congrats Belfry!

Thanks Blackcat!
Yeah Keaton Taylor roped the ball in from left to win the game. Beautiful throw.
Hmm I was going to go last night but chose not too. It seems I missed two awesome games.
Congrats to Belfry on the win.
congrats to the Pirates...
Jake is an all around great player. Not just a pitcher, very good first baseman also.
Congrats to Belfry, they never quit, but Pikeville really gave one away yesterday. Two baserunners thrown out at home, two more thrown out at third base and another thrown out at second. Pitchers gave up a ton of walks, 4 straight at one point...had to be double digits total. Big error in the 6th.
Still amazing Pikeville was in the hunt with their worst team in several years and not even having a full roster even with two 8th graders starting. The Panthers will be back...a lot of talent coming. Again, congrats to Belfry for never quitting and I will be rooting for you tomorrow.
A suicide squeeze works every now and then with runners at third with less than two outs. Pikeville would have played in the State Championship two years ago if the coaches would have used it then. Small ball wins a ton of games, but not at Pikeville. Tying run at Third last night and number 7 in the order, at least try a safety squeeze.
Commanche Wrote:A suicide squeeze works every now and then with runners at third with less than two outs. Pikeville would have played in the State Championship two years ago if the coaches would have used it then. Small ball wins a ton of games, but not at Pikeville. Tying run at Third last night and number 7 in the order, at least try a safety squeeze.

Agree with all of this, especially the bold. A suicide squeeze almost always works in high school ball if a team has been taught how to bunt. I like the safety squeeze even better but love both. If Pikeville could play small ball when they need to they would be much more dangerous IMO, and especially with a team like this year's that wasn't a very good hitting team.
jetpilot Wrote:Congrats to Belfry, they never quit, but Pikeville really gave one away yesterday. Two baserunners thrown out at home, two more thrown out at third base and another thrown out at second. Pitchers gave up a ton of walks, 4 straight at one point...had to be double digits total. Big error in the 6th.
Still amazing Pikeville was in the hunt with their worst team in several years and not even having a full roster even with two 8th graders starting. The Panthers will be back...a lot of talent coming. Again, congrats to Belfry for never quitting and I will be rooting for you tomorrow.

Baseball is definitely a "shit happens" game, both teams made some mistakes. Belfry is also considered down so it's good to see us hopefully get a shot. Classy post though, jetpilot. Not used to those from you HAHA.

Thanks for rooting for us though, I'd love to see us get one.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Baseball is definitely a "shit happens" game, both teams made some mistakes. Belfry is also considered down so it's good to see us hopefully get a shot. Classy post though, jetpilot. Not used to those from you HAHA.

Thanks for rooting for us though, I'd love to see us get one.

Typical Belfry fan...you say you are rooting for them and you get insulted haha...I agree with you on the "shit happens" game but sometimes it doesn't just happen, you cause it to happen. That's what Pikeville did Tuesday. Bad "shit" didn't randomly just happen to them, they did all the bad "shit." No complaints though and again, I hope Belfry keeps the trophy in Pike County.
jetpilot Wrote:Typical Belfry fan...you say you are rooting for them and you get insulted haha...I agree with you on the "shit happens" game but sometimes it doesn't just happen, you cause it to happen. That's what Pikeville did Tuesday. Bad "shit" didn't randomly just happen to them, they did all the bad "shit." No complaints though and again, I hope Belfry keeps the trophy in Pike County.

I said haha, it was light hearted my man. Just having fun with ya.