Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I freaking hate ABC....
There was a rain delay during the IRL race today, and just before it gets ready to start they have to leave and everyone on the East coast gets to watch it on a "tape delay"... what a crock of shit....
Probably because no one watches the IRL anyway. If I had to guess the bowling tourneys on ESPN draw more ratings.
venom93 Wrote:Probably because no one watches the IRL anyway. If I had to guess the bowling tourneys on ESPN draw more ratings.

You'd be wrong about that.... They draw a solid 1.3-1.5 on network TV, better than any bowling tournanment... Smile
For the weekend of July 15th and 16th the ratings showed that the WNBA outdrew IRL. WNBA had a 0.8 rating. I didn't see IRL on the list as it stopped at the top 15. Nothing agaisnt the IRL if that is your gig and I used to enjoy it back in the day when it was one league, but if they are going to draw any real fan base then they need to make changes and merge back with CART.
venom93 Wrote:For the weekend of July 15th and 16th the ratings showed that the WNBA outdrew IRL. WNBA had a 0.8 rating. I didn't see IRL on the list as it stopped at the top 15. Nothing agaisnt the IRL if that is your gig and I used to enjoy it back in the day when it was one league, but if they are going to draw any real fan base then they need to make changes and merge back with CART.

Preach it brother, I'm right on with ya (along with 98 percent of the other open wheel fans) about a merger. :thumpsup: If we could only get Tony George to hear you out....

I know the Kansas race earlier this month drew a 1.3, but I'm not sure on the overall averages on ESPN)...

If IRL is drawing bad, I'd hate to see the Champ Car World Series #'s... Smile
Any men's league that has a women as its superstar has to be in trouble!!