Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
obama adds more fuel 2 his fire
Hoot Gibson Wrote:^I still count only one instance of U.S. Marines holding an umbrella for a U.S. President. In this country, Marine "Corpse-men" [sic] are not permitted to carry umbrellas while in uniform. Female members of the "Corpse" [sic] are, under limited circumstances, permitted to carry umbrellas, as long as they meet the Marine Corps' guidelines.

You lied. You were caught. Stating that a Maltese honor guard looks "military" is not an admission of a mistake in anybody's book. At this point, finding 20 pictures of Marines holding umbrellas for George W. Bush will not change that fact. Try to do better next time. Confusednicker:
In other words, it's ok as long as it's Army, and a republican President.

It's ok, I know that being a "know it all" is in your DNA. You can't help it, it's passed down from generation to generation.
TheRealVille Wrote:In other words, it's ok as long as it's Army, and a republican President.

It's ok, I know that being a "know it all" is in your DNA. You can't help it, it's passed down from generation to generation.
I don't know. Why don't you do some work and lookup the uniform regulations for the U.S. Army.

What I do know that a male Marine carrying an umbrella constitutes what is known as an Article 92 violation that is punishable under the Uniform Code of Military Justice. I am sure that no action will be taken in this case, but my guess is that the Corpsmen who followed Obama's questionable order will report the incident to their commanding officer anyway.

The regulations governing uniforms are not the same across all the branches of the service. I am assuming that if Soldiers are allowed to carry umbrellas, one of those lying left wing web sites that you rely upon would have already posted that information for you. Either way, it is not relevant to Obama's action, which is a mere gaffe in comparison to the major scandals that have engulfed his presidency. Bush is no longer president and it is time for followers like you to let Obama stand on his own two feet instead of blaming Bush for every stumble he makes.

You should have just admitted that Obama violated Marine protocol out of ignorance and left it at that. Nobody is perfect, He doesn't need people like you twisting the facts and trying to cover up all of his honest mistakes. Just focus your propaganda on real scandals. He is going to need your help during the coming months.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I don't know. Why don't you do some work and lookup the uniform regulations for the U.S. Army.

What I do know that a male Marine carrying an umbrella constitutes what is known as an Article 92 violation that is punishable under the Uniform Code of Military Justice. I am sure that no action will be taken in this case, but my guess is that the Corpsmen who followed Obama's questionable order will report the incident to their commanding officer anyway.

The regulations governing uniforms are not the same across all the branches of the service. I am assuming that if Soldiers are allowed to carry umbrellas, one of those lying left wing web sites that you rely upon would have already posted that information for you. Either way, it is not relevant to Obama's action, which is a mere gaffe in comparison to the major scandals that have engulfed his presidency. Bush is no longer president and it is time for followers like you to let Obama stand on his own two feet instead of blaming Bush for every stumble he makes.

You should have just admitted that Obama violated Marine protocol out of ignorance and left it at that. Nobody is perfect, He doesn't need people like you twisting the facts and trying to cover up all of his honest mistakes. Just focus your propaganda on real scandals. He is going to need your help during the coming months.
As commander in chief Obama is allowed to request them to hold an umbrella. Ask Vundy about what chain of command training says.
TheRealVille Wrote:As commander in chief Obama is allowed to request them to hold an umbrella. Ask Vundy about what chain of command training says.
I don't need to ask anybody. Each branch of the military has regulations that cover exactly what they must wear as a uniform. Not following lawful orders or regulations is punishable under Article 92 of the UCMJ. Look it up. The ban on umbrellas, as silly as you may think that prohibition is, is a lawful regulation. If you have not spent any time around military installations, you cannot possibly understand how seriously the military takes their traditions and regulations. I see it every day.

The regulations for Corpsmen do not allow umbrellas but do allow for umbrellas for female Marines in some, but not all situations. Commanders, even the Commander-in-Chief cannot just make up or modify regulations on the fly. It was wrong of Obama to ask Marines to hold umbrellas instead of asking civilian members to hold them.

This is not a big issue and I don't understand why you are trying so hard to convince everybody that past Republican presidents have made the same mistake - and it was a mistake. If past presidents have made the same mistake, then you will get no argument from me about it. Just prove it happened. Good luck finding a copy of the Army uniform regulations that were in effect more than 5 years ago.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I don't need to ask anybody. Each branch of the military has regulations that cover exactly what they must wear as a uniform. Not following lawful orders or regulations is punishable under Article 92 of the UCMJ. Look it up. The ban on umbrellas, as silly as you may think that prohibition is, is a lawful regulation. If you have not spent any time around military installations, you cannot possibly understand how seriously the military takes their traditions and regulations. I see it every day.

The regulations for Corpsmen do not allow umbrellas but do allow for umbrellas for female Marines in some, but not all situations. Commanders, even the Commander-in-Chief cannot just make up or modify regulations on the fly. It was wrong of Obama to ask Marines to hold umbrellas instead of asking civilian members to hold them.

This is not a big issue and I don't understand why you are trying so hard to convince everybody that past Republican presidents have made the same mistake - and it was a mistake. If past presidents have made the same mistake, then you will get no argument from me about it. Just prove it happened. Good luck finding a copy of the Army uniform regulations that were in effect more than 5 years ago.

if the commander in chief ask him or her to hold a umbrella they will do it
vector Wrote:if the commander in chief ask him or her to hold a umbrella they will do it
Brilliant observation, vector, simply brilliant. Did you think of that all on your own?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I don't know. Why don't you do some work and lookup the uniform regulations for the U.S. Army.

Army doesn't allow them either. Only females.
Quote:Even President Obama’s use of umbrellas has become a scandal in the eyes of some Republicans.
On Thursday, during a joint press conference with Turkish Prime Minister Recep Erdogan, Obama signaled to two Marines and asked them to protect him and his guest from the rain.
“I am going to go ahead and ask folks — why don’t we get a couple of Marines, they’re going to look good next to us. Just because I’ve got a change of suits, but I don’t know about our prime minister.” Gesturing to the unprotected press, he added, “You guys, I’m sorry about…”
During the week of IRS, AP and Benghazi, that awkward moment is being criticized as yet another administration blunder. Male Marines are not allowed to use umbrellas while in uniform, and the sentries who stand guard outside the White House often get wet.
“Marines are always out getting rained on, that’s sort of what we do,” said Capt. Eric Flanagan, a Marine spokesman. A request from the president to a Marine who serves in the White House, however, would be an “extenuating circumstance.”
Flanagan also pointed to Title 10 of the U.S. Code, which states that members of the Marine Corps shall “perform such other duties as the President may direct.

(For reasons two spokesmen for the Marines and one for the Army could not immediately explain, female Marines are allowed to carry umbrellas with service or dress uniforms.)
The New York Post made the incident its cover image on Friday:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post...andal-now/
TheRealVille Wrote:Army doesn't allow them either. Only females.
Was that the regulation that was in place when the photo that you posted was taken? Uniforms and the regulations that govern them have changed drastically over the past 20 years. But like I said, if a former president did ask a Soldier to break a regulation, then it was a mistake. The fact that it has taken you this long to find a photo and find the current Army regulation governing Soldiers holding umbrellas while in uniform is pretty strong evidence that it has not been a common practice.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Was that the regulation that was in place when the photo that you posted was taken? Uniforms and the regulations that govern them have changed drastically over the past 20 years. But like I said, if a former president did ask a Soldier to break a regulation, then it was a mistake. The fact that it has taken you this long to find a photo and find the current Army regulation governing Soldiers holding umbrellas while in uniform is pretty strong evidence that it is not a common practice.
Current or not, it's the rule. If you think it wasn't in place under the Bush's, as you allude to, feel free to show. I haven't been looking much. I went to a graduation last night, then out to eat, then to a party, then bed. I have a life away from arguing with you.

At any rate, Obama was legal.
Quote:Capt. Eric Flanagan, a Marine spokesman. A request from the president to a Marine who serves in the White House, however, would be an “extenuating circumstance.”
Flanagan also pointed to Title 10 of the U.S. Code, which states that members of the Marine Corps shall “perform such other duties as the President may direct.”
^ You have a serious case of "little man sydrome".
TheRealVille Wrote:I haven't been looking much. I went to a graduation last night, then out to eat, then to a party, then bed. I have a life away from arguing with you.

At any rate, Obama was legal.
You really cannot admit a mistake can you, RV - either one that you make or one that Obama makes. If every President who ever held the office asked members of the military to ignore regulations or laws, then it would not make what Obama did "legal" or correct. The "everybody does it" defense never gets old to liberals, does it? Obama made a mistake. He makes many mistakes. He has made much, much bigger mistakes than asking a Corpsman to hold his umbrella. Accept it and move on.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You really cannot admit a mistake can you, RV - either one that you make or one that Obama makes. If every President who ever held the office asked members of the military to ignore regulations or laws, then it would not make what Obama did "legal" or correct. The "everybody does it" defense never gets old to liberals, does it? Obama made a mistake. He makes many mistakes. He has made much, much bigger mistakes than asking a Corpsman to hold his umbrella. Accept it and move on.
I already did, early yesterday.

The Marine spokesman says that Obama was allowed to ask them to do that. I'll go with his knowledge.
^
Quote:Capt. Eric Flanagan, a Marine spokesman. A request from the president to a Marine who serves in the White House, however, would be an “extenuating circumstance.”
Flanagan also pointed to Title 10 of the U.S. Code, which states that members of the Marine Corps shall “perform such other duties as the President may direct.”
TheRealVille Wrote:I already did, early yesterday.

The Marine spokesman says that Obama was allowed to ask them to do that. I'll go with his knowledge.
:biglmao:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You really cannot admit a mistake can you, RV - either one that you make or one that Obama makes. If every President who ever held the office asked members of the military to ignore regulations or laws, then it would not make what Obama did "legal" or correct. The "everybody does it" defense never gets old to liberals, does it? Obama made a mistake. He makes many mistakes. He has made much, much bigger mistakes than asking a Corpsman to hold his umbrella. Accept it and move on.
When are you going to admit this mistake? I've posted proof that you are wrong 3 times.
TheRealVille Wrote:When are you going to admit this mistake? I've posted proof that you are wrong 3 times.
You have done no such thing. You have posted your opinion repeatedly. Members of the military are required to follow all regulations. It was a mistake for Obama to ask any uniformed member of the Marine Corps to disregard one of those regulations.

The Marine Corps spokesman said that it was "extremely rare" for Corpsmen to hold an umbrella while in uniform. The reason that it is extremely rare is that Corpsmen can be punished for holding an umbrella under Article 92 of the UCMJ. Did you expect the Marine Corps spokesman to publicly criticize Obama for his actions? Get real.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You have done no such thing. You have posted your opinion repeatedly. Members of the military are required to follow all regulations. It was a mistake for Obama to ask any uniformed member of the Marine Corps to disregard one of those regulations.

The Marine Corps spokesman said that it was "extremely rare" for Corpsmen to hold an umbrella while in uniform. The reason that it is extremely rare is that Corpsmen can be punished for holding an umbrella under Article 92 of the UCMJ. Did you expect the Marine Corps spokesman to publicly criticize Obama for his actions? Get real.

"Capt. Eric Flanagan, a Marine spokesman. A request from the president to a Marine who serves in the White House, however, would be an “extenuating circumstance.”
Flanagan also pointed to Title 10 of the U.S. Code, which states that members of the Marine Corps shall “perform such other duties as the President may direct.”"
TheRealVille Wrote:"Capt. Eric Flanagan, a Marine spokesman. A request from the president to a Marine who serves in the White House, however, would be an “extenuating circumstance.”
Flanagan also pointed to Title 10 of the U.S. Code, which states that members of the Marine Corps shall “perform such other duties as the President may direct.”"
It was a mistake for Obama to ask the Marines to hold his umbrella. A small mistake, but it was a mistake. There was no compelling reason to order a Corpsman to hold an umbrella instead of a civilian member of his staff. I doubt that he will make the same mistake again.
^ But legal.
But, you are correct, it was a mistake to ask them to do that. It gave republicans another thing to divert away from the fact that they are obstructing every single thing the President is trying to do.
TheRealVille Wrote:^ But legal.
I am not a JAG. The spokesman was obviously asked to justify the President's order and resorted to a catch-all phrase of section of the law that broadly describes the responsibilities of the Marine Corps. Obama made a mistake. Using your logic, it would not have been a mistake if he had ordered the Corpsmen to fetch lunch or shine his shoes. Legal or not, what he did was a mistake, and I hope that he learns from it.

[INDENT]
Quote:§ 5063. UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS: COMPOSITION; FUNCTIONS

(a) The Marine Corps, within the Department of the Navy, shall be so organized as to include not less than three combat divisions and three air wings, and such other land combat, aviation, and other services as may be organic therein. The Marine Corps shall be organized, trained, and equipped to provide fleet marine forces of combined arms, together with supporting air components, for service with the fleet in the seizure or defense of advanced naval bases and for the conduct of such land operations as may be essential to the prosecution of a naval campaign. In addition, the Marine Corps shall provide detachments and organizations for service on armed vessels of the Navy, shall provide security detachments for the protection of naval property at naval stations and bases, and shall perform such other duties as the President may direct. However, these additional duties may not detract from or interfere with the operations for which the Marine Corps is primarily organized.
[/INDENT]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:It was a mistake for Obama to ask the Marines to hold his umbrella. A small mistake, but it was a mistake. There was no compelling reason to order a Corpsman to hold an umbrella instead of a civilian member of his staff. I doubt that he will make the same mistake again.

spin duck dodge that's what you are good at
TheRealVille Wrote:But, you are correct, it was a mistake to ask them to do that. It gave republicans another thing to divert away from the fact that they are obstructing every single thing the President is trying to do.
It was a mistake because asking Marine Corpsmen to violate a lawfully enacted regulation was unfair to the two young men involved. If nobody in the media had noticed or mentioned it, it would have still been a mistake.
vector Wrote:spin duck dodge that's what you are good at
I am still waiting to see you do something well. Every time I think that I have seen the depth of your ignorance, you dive a little bit deeper.
"Why don't we get a couple of Marines, They're gonna look good next to us. Just 'cuz I've got a change of suits, but I don't know about our prime minister. There we go. [Gestures to press.] You guys, I'm sorry about.'" - barack obama

arrogance at it's finest
WideMiddle03 Wrote:nice video of wildcat
he's sucking up 2 u just like he did seger about a month ago for different reasons :biglmao:

hoot and trt, or better yet, ne one with 1/4 of a brain, would slaughter you in a debate with or without me
they dont need my help
u need vector and wildcat and 4 real to wave their little "likie" buttons

the fact is u lied and r trying 2 get out of it (again) :biglmao:

Lol clueless. Have you made another account yet?

You got to quit mixing BGR with real life.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Lol clueless. Have you made another account yet?

You got to quit mixing BGR with real life.

have YOU or is 4 real and vector good enuff 4 u 2 pat yourself on the buns?
^ Welcome back Chester. You went quiet when Hoot went to work around his house yesterday.