Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 5 Bath County 2 - All A Classic
Final from StoneCrest

Blackcats win their 12th straight and improve to 15-4 on the season.

Congrats Blackcats!!!
Congrats Blackcats !
GRATS to Coach Simpkins n the Blackcats! Rep the 15th well guys!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Congratulations to the Blackcats. Unfortunately when you travel to Prestonsburg you can alway count on 3 things.
1. Playing a very good team
2. Having your minority/ bi-racial players being called the "N" word by opposing players and student fans.
3. Being screwed at least once by the officiating.

A two out call with a runner at third with the game tied 2-2 by the homeplate umpire who waited until the Bath Co. player made the play throwing the runner out at first by 3 steps only to make a foul ball call because the ball supposedly hit the batters foot. A triple was hit on the next pitch changing the complexity of the game.
who were the umpires. Shouldnt have the best that the 15th have?
What a great game. My personal opinion, the difference in the game was Bath left runners on while Prestonsburg didn't. The blackcats took advantage of runners in scoring position all night. Bath left the bases load in the 1st inning then again in the 6th I think.

Stapleton pitched a good game and had 2 RBI's but my player of the game goes to Williams. First inning single, E2 sends him to 2nd then scored on Stapleton's single. Third inning same thing, Williams walks, steels 2nd, and then scores on a Stapleton single. In the 5th Williams has a RBI triple after a very controversial foul ball call (which I saw and was the correct call).

Great game by the entire team. One player who stood out to me was the Freshman Cooksey. The kid played an excellent job at 1st. Won't see much in the scores book with his name but he made 3 really good plays at first that could have turned into disaster innings by Bath.

Wright from Bath pitched a heck of a game. Kid has a nasty curve.

Congrats to both teams on a very entertaining game.
cowcreek Wrote:Congratulations to the Blackcats. Unfortunately when you travel to Prestonsburg you can alway count on 3 things.
2. Having your minority/ bi-racial players being called the "N" word by opposing players and student fans.

A two out call with a runner at third with the game tied 2-2 by the homeplate umpire who waited until the Bath Co. player made the play throwing the runner out at first by 3 steps only to make a foul ball call because the ball supposedly hit the batters foot. A triple was hit on the next pitch changing the complexity of the game.

Here we go...
Just want to say Congrats to Stapleton, Wiliams, Anderson and the rest of the Blackcats. Good Luck in the All A State!
PHS Coach Wrote:What a great game. My personal opinion, the difference in the game was Bath left runners on while Prestonsburg didn't. The blackcats took advantage of runners in scoring position all night. Bath left the bases load in the 1st inning then again in the 6th I think.

Stapleton pitched a good game and had 2 RBI's but my player of the game goes to Williams. First inning single, E2 sends him to 2nd then scored on Stapleton's single. Third inning same thing, Williams walks, steels 2nd, and then scores on a Stapleton single. In the 5th Williams has a RBI triple after a very controversial foul ball call (which I saw and was the correct call).

Great game by the entire team. One player who stood out to me was the Freshman Cooksey. The kid played an excellent job at 1st. Won't see much in the scores book with his name but he made 3 really good plays at first that could have turned into disaster innings by Bath.

Wright from Bath pitched a heck of a game. Kid has a nasty curve.

Congrats to both teams on a very entertaining game.

Both teams played well. Pburg did take advantage of their opportunities and you can not leave RISP and expect to beat a good team like Bath did.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Here we go...

If you were at the game you know the Call I am referring to. Pburg played a great game and Bath left to many RISP to beat a good team like Pburg on the road. I love the agressive coaching style the Pburg coach has. Good Luck at Lexington.
cowcreek Wrote:Congratulations to the Blackcats. Unfortunately when you travel to Prestonsburg you can alway count on 3 things.

OMG....really? Please go cry wolf some where else. Apparently you didn't look at the PBurg team very closely.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
cowcreek Wrote:If you were at the game you know the Call I am referring to. Pburg played a great game and Bath left to many RISP to beat a good team like Pburg on the road. I love the agressive coaching style the Pburg coach has. Good Luck at Lexington.

I do know the call you are referring to. Immediately Pete Runyon, the home plate umpire, threw up his hands and signalled foul ball. That is why Bryson Williams got a bad jump out of the batter's box...well, that and the ball hitting off his shin.

Granted, Pete did not yell "FOUL" at the top of his lungs, but he DID immediately throw up his hands and signal foul. Once the play began, he just let it run its course.

The only "bad" thing about that call was Pete's failure to yell Foul. If Smokey had been behind the plate, you would have heard him from Lancer. Lol.

Great game by both teams. Very few errors. Very cleanly played, and Prestonsburg just got a few more timely hits than Bath County did.
Shouldnt the best umpires in the 15th region call that game.
Go get em p-burg. Represent the 15th well.
I was not at the game and sounds like that the right call was made. who was with pete? So were the best umpires in the region on this game?
OffTheHook Wrote:OMG....really? Please go cry wolf some where else. Apparently you didn't look at the PBurg team very closely.

This is what I'm referring too also.

I wasn't at the yesterday evening, but Bath County has thrown up the racial thing even since they took Pburg football players to court back in 2007.

Ever since then though, it seemed to me that when Pburg played Bath in football, Pburg has had more minorities on their team than Bath in football.

So let it go.
I don't know about the racial thing, but the foul call was a bad call and in an opportune time for prestonsburg. But that's not why Bath lost. They lost by not hitting the ball when they needed to.
1980baseballfan Wrote:I was not at the game and sounds like that the right call was made. who was with pete? So were the best umpires in the region on this game?

Pete was behind the plate. Dale Conn was at first, and Roy Harlow was on third.
Heck of a game by pburg
Sounds like a good called game. Those might be the best in the region.
#11. You must not have been close enough to left field to hear the comments that were said.
I certinaly was.
Low class fan base in left field.
Heard over the weekend that the racial comments were in fact made. "Rumor" has it that it was caught on camera by WYMT and that all the kids sitting behind the left field fence were called to the office Friday morning. Hope they punish those involved because this is ridiculous.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:This is what I'm referring too also.

I wasn't at the yesterday evening, but Bath County has thrown up the racial thing even since they took Pburg football players to court back in 2007.

Ever since then though, it seemed to me that when Pburg played Bath in football, Pburg has had more minorities on their team than Bath in football.

So let it go.

If the racial things would not occur then there would not be an issue!!
The way some people are referring to the umpires by their first name seems a bit questionable. Prestonsburg won the game by getting timely hits. Oh yeah, the Pburg batter said the ball did not hit him at all on the foul ball call.

Only once....... You've never played at Hazard or at Perry Co. Central then.... :biglmao:
[quote=Pulp Fiction]Only once....... You've never played at Hazard or at Perry Co. Central then.... :biglmao:[/QUOT

We did play at Hazard 2 years ago and had no problem.
It also was a good game as Bath got beat 3-1.
Best of Luck the remainder of the season to the Blackcats.