Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst PPV match in history
From the biggest wrestling event/match in the history of the world....
WrestleMania III.... Hogan vs. Andre

To IMO, the worst match in PPV history....
WrestleMania IV.... Hogan vs. Andre in a 5 minute double DQ match.

My how a year can change things.
Warrior vs. Hogan - WCW 1998 Halloween Havoc
WideRight05 Wrote:Warrior vs. Hogan - WCW 1998 Halloween Havoc

:Thumbs:

That would be my #2 match....

Why does the biggest wrestling star of the 80's and 90's have two of the worst PPV matches in history?
While I'm at it....

The entire WrestleMania IX (9) card!
TNA Victory Road 2011

Sting vs. Jeff Hardy

Check it out yourself...

!

Hardy was wasted...
I really didn't follow ECW back in the day... And I've really not followed any type of pro wrestling since around October '99 (my firsrt high school wrestling practice)... So my PPV experience isn't as vast as some people.

However, through YouTube and BGR... I've kept up with the newer stuff and even some early 00's matches. So I'm sure Dusty, SK and some of our other faithful pro wrestling followers can add to this list.
Pro Wrestling is about Entertainment!!!

Yes, everybody knows that and Yes, we accept the fact that everything is scripted/booked way before the talent comes out of the locker room.

But if I'm gonna pay $50 bucks for a PPV event, or chip in money at a friends house I expect to be Entertained.

Not have 1 match of top tier talent and 8 matches being squash or mid-level talent vs. a low-level talent trying to get a push......
Serious??? Not even close!

El eGante v. Undertaker Wrestlemania???? I don't even know which WM it was because everyone, includer Taker wants to forget it ever happened. If they changed his record to 20-0 and skipped that match he would be happy!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:While I'm at it....

The entire WrestleMania IX (9) card!

Stardust Wrote:Serious??? Not even close!

El eGante v. Undertaker Wrestlemania???? I don't even know which WM it was because everyone, includer Taker wants to forget it ever happened. If they changed his record to 20-0 and skipped that match he would be happy!

Your welcome Mr. Rhodes.....
But for real... WM IX was terrible but The Undertaker's entrance was awesome! The black/green smoke, the funeral chariot, the Raven........ one of my all-time favorite entrances in all of Pro Wrestling history.
I remember watching the old WCW Sunday Night wrestling on TBS before a PPV....
And some of their entrance stages, compared to the WWF's back in the day was a joke.
The three that stand out for me are:

1. The Sting - Hardy match for TNA when Hardy was wasted. He should have been fired for eternity on that one.

2. Goldberg - Lesnar - can't remember the PPV, but the crowd knew that both men were leaving and they delivered a turd of a match that was beyone horrible.

3. Dog Kennel Match - Bossman vs. Al Snow. Again, can't remember the PPV name, but this was ridiculously bad.
worker1 Wrote:The three that stand out for me are:

1. The Sting - Hardy match for TNA when Hardy was wasted. He should have been fired for eternity on that one.

2. Goldberg - Lesnar - can't remember the PPV, but the crowd knew that both men were leaving and they delivered a turd of a match that was beyone horrible.

3. Dog Kennel Match - Bossman vs. Al Snow. Again, can't remember the PPV name, but this was ridiculously bad.

That match was Terrible!
I've had the itch lately to watch old WWF/NWA/WCW events on YouTube.....

And with the crap we have today.... Some mid-carders and even some headliners would be lucky to get a dark match or even a curtain jerk at a PPV event back in the late 80's early 90's.
DDP/Leno vs Bischoff/Hogan