Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pat Summerall dies at 82
DALLAS -- Pat Summerall was the calm alongside John Madden's storm.

Over four decades, Summerall's deep, resonant voice described some of the biggest games in America. Simple, spare, he delivered the details on 16 Super Bowls, the Masters and the U.S. Open tennis tournament with a simple, understated style that was the perfect complement for the "boom!" and "bang!" of Madden, his partner for half of the NFL player-turned-broadcaster's career.
Summerall died Tuesday at age 82 of cardiac arrest, said University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center spokesman Jeff Carlton, speaking on behalf of Summerall's wife, Cheri.
"He was an extraordinary man and a wonderful father," said Susie Wiles, his daughter. "I know he will be greatly missed."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/917970...iac-arrest
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
His voice is to football, what Harry Carey is to baseball - they link together those sports for those of us whose childhood grew up with the sound of the game as being something as important as the site of the game!
He was a fixture in our household growing up and has been tremendously missed since his retirement.

I learned this morning he became a devout christian, and focused his later years on building his relationships with his family. Enjoy the skybox seats and God bless you and your family Mr. Summerall!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
The best play by play football man ever. The voice was just that the voice of football.. I can remember turning on a game and if it wasn't pat and John it just wasn't that good. He always add that little something to watching a game. You will be missed God Bless Pat!!!!