Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bath County 2013
Thoughts? Predictions?
Do they still have the same coach as last year??
Football-fanatic Wrote:Do they still have the same coach as last year??

As far as I know...but they did lose a ton
Yes, Reed Fields is still the coach. And they did lose a lot, but their big full back will be carrying a large load, along with the junior to be running back. Still a lot of weapons for this team. They lost 8 starters on defense, and 8 on offense.
IF this group of seniors to be take control of this team, they can be as good as they want to be.
BobbyBoushe Wrote:Yes, Reed Fields is still the coach. And they did lose a lot, but their big full back will be carrying a large load, along with the junior to be running back. Still a lot of weapons for this team. They lost 8 starters on defense, and 8 on offense.
IF this group of seniors to be take control of this team, they can be as good as they want to be.
I think many will be surprised with this team. They did lose a lot of Senior leadership but they can fill those positions with potentially better players. The departing Seniors will tell you the same thing. There are incoming seniors, juniors, and even soph's that are going to make names for themselves that nobody knows anything about. The team on the field this year will be younger but bigger and more athletic. Team speed will probably be the best ever including the 80's teams that ran 24/7. They have the potential and talent to be better than last years 8-3 squad if they come together.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:I think many will be surprised with this team. They did lose a lot of Senior leadership but they can fill those positions with potentially better players. The departing Seniors will tell you the same thing. There are incoming seniors, juniors, and even soph's that are going to make names for themselves that nobody knows anything about. The team on the field this year will be younger but bigger and more athletic. Team speed will probably be the best ever including the 80's teams that ran 24/7. They have the potential and talent to be better than last years 8-3 squad if they come together.

They have a group, that I think will be sophomores, that were HUGE and solid in middle school. I saw them play a couple of years ago and they looked like a high school team!
Who all is on their schedule this season?
thecoacher Wrote:They have a group, that I think will be sophomores, that were HUGE and solid in middle school. I saw them play a couple of years ago and they looked like a high school team!
Who all is on their schedule this season?
5 district opponents (Bourbon, Estill, Powell, Western Hills, Garrard). 3 opposite district opponents ( East Carter, West Carter, Lewis,). Paris and Nicholas Co.
You are correct about the sophomores. Many are now just playing football and lifting. They are bigger and stronger. Several will be playing on Friday nights this fall.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:5 district opponents (Bourbon, Estill, Powell, Western Hills, Garrard). 3 opposite district opponents ( East Carter, West Carter, Lewis,). Paris and Nicholas Co.
You are correct about the sophomores. Many are now just playing football and lifting. They are bigger and stronger. Several will be playing on Friday nights this fall.

Sounds like they have a good run coming.