Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville vs Bath Saturday
whats your thoughts on the game..
No idea on how to call this one. From what I understand Paintsville was no hit by Woodford this past weekend in a scrimmage game. No clue what the score was or who pitched.
^This is true. But, when you only see the field one time before playing. It happens. It's not like they didn't put it in play. EVERY kid played and almost every kid pitched. Plus, the Tigers are suffering from some early injuries. On that note. Woodford didn't have but a handful of hits that cleared the infield as well. Not a very good hitting day for either team. As far as defense. I can't really recall any errors on any balls put into play against the Tigers. So it was a solid defensive effort.

This young bunch will be fine, once they can start getting on a field.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:^This is true. But, when you only see the field one time before playing. It happens. It's not like they didn't put it in play. EVERY kid played and almost every kid pitched. Plus, the Tigers are suffering from some early injuries. On that note. Woodford didn't have but a handful of hits that cleared the infield as well. Not a very good hitting day for either team. As far as defense. I can't really recall any errors on any balls put into play against the Tigers. So it was a solid defensive effort.

This young bunch will be fine, once they can start getting on a field.

Bath has had 2 scrimmages canceled and have not been able to get on the field like lots of teams in the state. They have several upperclasmen who have some experience. This is just a good opportunity for the kids from both teams to participate in a good fundraising event.
cowcreek Wrote:Bath has had 2 scrimmages canceled and have not been able to get on the field like lots of teams in the state. They have several upperclasmen who have some experience. This is just a good opportunity for the kids from both teams to participate in a good fundraising event.

I have a good question about the bold that ANYONE can answer. Why do some teams open the season early in March like March 7-11 while other teams open the season at the middle of March to the end of March?
A good question. I would venture to say that some teams want to make sure that they get to play the 36 game limit. With weather being so unpredictable, it is a good way to ensure you get to play the games. However, it could come back to bite them if the weather cooperates and you have to cancel games towards the end of the year.
The coaches know that you have to overschedule to get the number of games in that the weather will allow. In 1983 when I was a Sr. we scheduled 46 games played only 30.