Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forbes picks up story on DHS ammo purchase.
Forbes actually picked up a story on the DHS buy 1.6 billion rounds of ammo.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphbenko/2...versation/

Interesting stuff
Lol, 1.6 billion?! Hmmmmm...
vundy33 Wrote:Lol, 1.6 billion?! Hmmmmm...

It is a ton of ammo.
Oh yeah...we don't even use 5% of that in the summer in Afghan, and believe me, when our boys get into it, they throw out thousands of rounds. This is crazy!
They can't get enough support to pass the kind of gun control they want so now they're using our tax dollars to buy up ammo to make it unavialable. But, we're laying off teachers, police, fire fighters and all manner of first responders cause we're broke.

No wonder a 550 round box of 22LR's was 80 bucks at the gun show! :yikes:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You should check out 5.56...it's more expensive that I've ever seen it. Thankfully I have a lot of it lol.
vundy33 Wrote:You should check out 5.56...it's more expensive that I've ever seen it. Thankfully I have a lot of it lol.

It's hard to find anything at all. Hollow points in any caliber. Even 380 rounds are scarce. I stocked up on 00 buck shot. Now I can dethatch the hill out back, and whatever else comes my way. :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hahaha...also glad I bought a .22 conversion kit for my AR. 556 and the .22 are pretty similar, so it's good for target shooting cheaply...but now even .22 is getting expensive. This is getting so out of hand...
It would be interesting to know how many DHS employees have investments in gun companies. The government is driving up ammo and gun costs, so it is predictable that profits are going through the roof. It would be great to see the SEC crack down on the DHS's effort to manipulate the market. You can bet some high ranking officials are making a fortune investing based on their insider knowledge of government policies.
The LGS I frequent is out of everything, as our most other ones that havent jacked up prices.
With Sequestration hitting they could prolley cover all their losses selling that ammo to us.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:With Sequestration hitting they could prolley cover all their losses selling that ammo to us.

Brilliant. :biggrin: That way we'd have to pay for it twice! :HitWall:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Brilliant. :biggrin: That way we'd have to pay for it twice! :HitWall:

I was waiting for someone to catch the joke lol.