Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGR is the best!
I just wanna say a major Thank You and Job Well Done to all the BGR Members, Mods and Admins on making BGR the best Kentucky High School Sports forum on the web.

I've only been with the site since August 2010... and in my short time, every game I go to, people are talking about what is being said on BGR.

And yes, I will admit this.... I was a member (along time ago) of another Ky. high school sports site that you had to pay to be a member of. And trust me, I WILL NEVER GO BACK!!!

#BGR4LIFE!!!!!!! :wenumber1 :blondeche
Don't tell people we don't pay. They'll wonder why I sent money request yo certain members.
Why buy the cow when the milk is free, (isn't that what they say?)
Crazy diverse group of folks ranging from the intellectuals to the idiots!!

What a wonderful family!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Crazy diverse group of folks ranging from the intellectuals to the idiots!!

I have figured out who the idiots are. You'll have to help me with the intellectuals!
Confusednicker:
This is a great site. Much, much better than a competing site. My only recommendation is to encourage people from other areas of the state to post. It's a great site for eastern Kentucky. I would like to see more activity state-wide.
^^
I couldn't agree more!!

Fatt Jones Wrote:I have figured out who the idiots are. You'll have to help me with the intellectuals!
Confusednicker:

Well......there's me.......and Pulp Fiction......that's a good start!!!!
Confusednicker:
Your welcome Pulp Confusednicker:
rojas Wrote:This is a great site. Much, much better than a competing site. My only recommendation is to encourage people from other areas of the state to post. It's a great site for eastern Kentucky. I would like to see more activity state-wide.

This has always been hard to do.
Other sites that shalt not be named tend to get a lot of NKY members, but in reality, thats about it.

We have quite a few of NKY members as well, Im really surprised that you do not see fans of the Fayette County Schools anywhere. Im not sure if it lack of fan support or what, but you would think Lexington would have numerous fans on here, as well as more Lville fans. It seems the two biggest cities have the least amount of fans discussing sports, and its not just this site, all of the other sites in KY are lacking this as well.
The one other part of the state we need more of is Western KY. Very few fans stroll in here from out west, and you usually only see 1 or 2 fans from the traditional powerhouses out there which boggle my mind.

All members, please remember to spread the word and help this site grow. This is a free site and were able to keep it going by the addition of new members! Nobody is getting rich here, but we'd like to keep this site going because its one of a kind in this state. Lenient on rules, free to use, and always great discussion. Also, remember that you can donate money to the site to help pay for the servers, etc. but remember that you dont have to and never will. This will always be a free site.

Spread the word, and help this site keep growing!
:worthy::worthy::1:I agree best kentucky sports site iv seen by far.
Granny Bear Wrote:Crazy diverse group of folks ranging from the intellectuals to the idiots!!

Sounds like any family-type atmosphere I've ever been involved with. LOL.

Kudos to Pulp & I must agree, I enjoy the site. I enjoy it much more than something I paid for awhile back.
Ahh, it's alright......

:1:
Like some else said, this is a great site if you're from eastern KY....THAT'S IT! Likewise the "other site" is dominated by NKY & some from Lou.....and that's it. I'm a member of both sites, and both need to get more folks from other parts of the state to make them even better.

Sorry but I'd still rather pay $20 for the "other site", as this one still has it's work cut out for it.
youknowmyname Wrote:Like some else said, this is a great site if you're from eastern KY....THAT'S IT! Likewise the "other site" is dominated by NKY & some from Lou.....and that's it. I'm a member of both sites, and both need to get more folks from other parts of the state to make them even better.

Sorry but I'd still rather pay $20 for the "other site", as this one still has it's work cut out for it.

You kidding? We have one member from nky and that's enough for me. We been trying to run him off for years.
More than one!!!

Just off the top of my head, Dusty, Spirit100 and HHellBird. He was from Cooper, and I got to meet him last year at our football game. He doesn't post anymore, but I'll bet he'll be back around August!!! I"ll bet there's more, too.

As far as western Kentucky is concerned, I live 20 miles from Virginia, so RIUTG is western to me!

Wink
youknowmyname Wrote:Like some else said, this is a great site if you're from eastern KY....THAT'S IT! Likewise the "other site" is dominated by NKY & some from Lou.....and that's it. I'm a member of both sites, and both need to get more folks from other parts of the state to make them even better.

:biglmao: :please: :lmao:

:dudecomeon: :gtfo:
BGR = Any pro wrestling promotion that features Dusty Rhodes.

Other Ky. high school sports forums = Any pro wrestling promotion that doesn't feature Dusty Rhodes.
Also. This is BGR 10 year anniversary!
What other site??? There ain't but one KY sports forum... :kneel:

Pay attention once football season rolls around, lol. NKY teams get ALOT of coverage here.
^^
Yup; he's correct!!
I too tried the "other" site and found that it is mostly Highlands fans (I too am a HHS fan),or Highlands alumni w/kids at other NKY schools. Everybody knows who everybody else is on the site. I was on it for 2 weeks and knew who most people where on the site. I like BGR so much better!
However said that there is no NKY posters on BGR is way off base, there are a lot of Northern KY BGR posters. I too would love to see more Western KY posters on here!
The one thing I do like better about the "other" site is better and quicker score updates on Friday night football games; Would like to see that improved on BGR.
sstack Wrote:The one thing I do like better about the "other" site is better and quicker score updates on Friday night football games; Would like to see that improved on BGR.

Its pretty easy to get scores as soon as the game ends.
All you have to do is watch the live feed on khsaa.org.
If it isnt posted, then post it.

Feel free to milk the cow.
BGP plant? Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Feel free to milk the cow.
BGP plant? Confusednicker:

:rockon: :theman: Confusederved:
I'm thankful I'm from the Bluegrass.....

But even more thankful that I'm not Prep!
I looked into the other sites and believe I chose wisely...much love from NKY!

:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I never knew there was another site until I read it on this forum last year. Anyone who doesn't think the other site is worth a crap wouldn't mention it as an unmentionable. They are better at many things than we are here. I agree with the plant above, if some changes aren't made to improve, the site won't get better. This isn't an attack, it's the truth. This site could be alot better. It's great mountain coverage. And that's where I"m from and what I prefer, but the skinny is this, if I want to know anything past the foot of the mountains, I go to the forbidden unmentionable site. And if half you cats would be honest you do too.
There is a suggestion thread around here where you all can make suggestions