Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lloyd has a coaching opening
Josh Stratton has been named the New Richmond head football coach pending Board of Education approval at the next meeting March 18.
Stratton had been the Lloyd head coach the the past two seasons. Lloyd was 13-11 the past two seasons, including 8-4 in 2012. Stratton, 32, replaces Scott Herman who coached New Richmond for the 2012 season before deciding to return to Montgomery, Texas where he had coached for six years.
New Richmond was 5-5 last season.
“Winning is a tradition there and football is important,” said Stratton, a Columbus native. “I am super excited.”
Stratton was previouisly an assistant at Grant County and Holmes.
“Josh will immerse himself into the community and the school and will be very supportive of all the programs at the high school,” said New Richmond athletic director Doug Foote, who led the coaching search which received more than 70 applicants. “I’m very excited to get to work with Josh as a teacher and a coach.”

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/recruiting/2...l-coach-2/
Juggs are looking for a new coach
Just a rumor but I think one of the Breathitt County assistants may be applying for the job? The Combs guy? Heard he put in an application. Played with Justin Haddix on the 2002 State Championship team at Breathitt County then went on to play at Union College. Been coaching under Holcomb for a few years now. Just a rumor though. Anybody know of this? If he comes from Breathitt and coached under Holcomb then I'm sure he would do fine.